PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid stringing and tension loss?

babar
10-04-2004, 12:09 PM
If stringing a hybrid with polyester in the mains and Laserfibre in the crosses, will the cross strings lessen the tension loss sensation of the polyester string? I am thinking of trying a poly hybrid with Laserfibre in the crosses so that I can use a thin poly in the mains and get more spin without string breakage issues frequenting my wallet. Any opinions or suggestions? Thanks.

Steve Huff
10-04-2004, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't waste a set of LF in the crosses of racket with poly in the mains. To get the playablitily of the mains, basically, the main thing you need to do is get a string that's more elastic than the poly to put in the crosses. In other words, you want a string that won't reach the limits of it's elasticity before the poly does. Since the poly mains are longer, you want a more elastic string or you need to drop the tension in the crosses. So, instead of wasting money on LF, put something like Prince Syn 17 in the crosses and drop the tension a few pounds.

Rabbit
10-04-2004, 08:24 PM
I agree with Steve 100%.

babar
10-05-2004, 06:38 AM
So, something like Enduro Tour 18g in the mains and Stamina in the crosses a few lbs lower than the mains? Thanks for the input guys. Very helpful.