PDA

View Full Version : Aspartame

chroix
06-27-2007, 08:34 AM
There are some scary studies on this stuff out there. Linking it to leukemia, lymphoma, breast cancer, MS, genetic diseases that are trans-generational and ironically obesity. I've never been one to use the stuff because it tastes like chemical crap, but if you do I'd suggest you read this link or google it for yourself and check into it.

http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp/2005/07/18/aspartame_scientific_studies_link_sweetener_to_can cers.htm

richw76
06-27-2007, 10:01 AM
I've always read that not only is it bad for you but due to some insulin interaction it usually causes people to gain weight, which is counter productive since with the exception of diabetics the only people that eat foods containing aspartame are people tryign to lose weight.

Last thing look up. High Fructose corn syrup. Personally I try to stay away from HFCS and artificle sweeteners. For example when I do drink soda I try to get one sweetened with cane sugar. I've been drinking this stuff
JT's Kombuca Tea good stuff and not much sugar.

PimpMyGame
06-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Keep away from pre-packed meals, cook using organic ingredients and drink water instead of fizzy pop. It's the only way to keep away from all that crap out there.

Trainer
06-27-2007, 10:17 AM
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

stormholloway
06-27-2007, 10:31 AM
It is so easy to find products without these poisons, and if people would do so in numbers, these poisonous products would disappear. If you want a tasty protein with no artificials, get Jay Robb Egg or Whey Protein.

LuckyR
06-27-2007, 11:52 AM
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

Hahaha... yeah, I can see the headline now: Aspartame Linked to Internet Hoaxes and Bogus Urban Myths of Epic Proportions, like David Hannum said, "there's a sucker (who'll believe anything) born every minute..."

richw76
06-27-2007, 12:54 PM
that was good to through out. I've read some reports on aspartame and the major side effects like tumors etc. were in lab mice given 500 times or more a usual dosage. One report I read said the amount given to the mice would be like drinking 100 cokes a day for 3 months. Thing is we have a ton of chemicals in our enviorment anyway in teh US so if I can make a few small changes and decrease the amount of chemicals entering my body why not.

zapvor
06-27-2007, 06:12 PM
It is so easy to find products without these poisons, and if people would do so in numbers, these poisonous products would disappear. If you want a tasty protein with no artificials, get Jay Robb Egg or Whey Protein.

i heard whey protein will make you gain weight as result. is that true?

stormholloway
06-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Well, yeah. That's what protein does. It will either end up as muscle or fat.

stormholloway
06-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Woops

stormholloway
06-28-2007, 05:39 PM

Woops again.

Ano
06-28-2007, 05:47 PM
i heard whey protein will make you gain weight as result. is that true?

I heard whey protein will damage your kidney, give you heart attack and osteoporosis?

Is that true? :mrgreen:

zapvor
06-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Well, yeah. That's what protein does. It will either end up as muscle or fat.

I heard whey protein will damage your kidney, give you heart attack and osteoporosis?

Is that true? :mrgreen:

thanks for reply storm.

dude ano i also respect your posts in this section since you are so knoweldgable about health/fitness stuff, but to see you post something like this...not funny. i seriously dont know anything about whey protein, so i really wanted to know, because i am thinking about using it.

Ano
06-28-2007, 08:40 PM
thanks for reply storm.

dude ano i also respect your posts in this section since you are so knoweldgable about health/fitness stuff, but to see you post something like this...not funny. i seriously dont know anything about whey protein, so i really wanted to know, because i am thinking about using it.

Okay, I apologized.

If you want a reply, start a new thread (do not ruin this thread, this thread is about aspartame) . I will try to give you a reply if you post a new thread.