PDA

View Full Version : Finding time to workout?

Fatmike
06-27-2007, 05:28 PM
When do you workout if you work like 40 hours/week, play tennis 5-6 times/week and have a family you want to spend time with? I'd love to do some workout, but it seems I never can find the time... I don't want to train if I'm gonna play tennis later, and after tennis I'm too tired to workout. And I don't wanna skip a match for training....

What are you people doing?

OrangeOne
06-27-2007, 05:38 PM
When do you workout if you work like 40 hours/week, play tennis 5-6 times/week and have a family you want to spend time with? I'd love to do some workout, but it seems I never can find the time... I don't want to train if I'm gonna play tennis later, and after tennis I'm too tired to workout. And I don't wanna skip a match for training....

What are you people doing?

Most people prioritise. If working out is important enough, you make it happen. If it's not, well you don't. Why not swap one hit a week for a fitness session?

zapvor
06-27-2007, 05:45 PM
try squeezing in 20 minutes?

Ano
06-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Can you make 45 minutes, 3 times a week by waking up earlier?

If you can, I recommend you visit www.turbulencetraining.com , and buy the e-book from that site.

I'm sure you can make the time.

People always claim they never have time to train. While most will attribute this to work or family obligations, I like to attribute it to... television.

More often than not, that's the limiting factor.

I find it rather comical that people never have the time to train, but are able to tell me who won American Idol.

It's amazing how certain people can never find the time to get to the gym, but have all the time in the world to watch their favorite television shows. Proof? A few stats :

• The National Human Activity Survey (n=8000): Subjects watched on average 19.8 hours of television per week.

• American Time Use Survey (n=58,000): Subjects watched on average 21 hours of television per week.

That's a sample size of 66,000 people, which makes for a fairly accurate representation of what people are actually doing with their extra time (read: sitting on their ***). This doesn't even take into account all the hours we spend online.

Make the time, you can do it.

Good luck.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Try buying some workout equipment for your home if that feasible:Treadmill, Eliptical, Free weights..etc.

I think you can find a good package for a reasonable price.

Fatmike
06-28-2007, 03:42 AM
I'm already full euqipped for home training... and don't watch lot of tv.... except for that lost show...

I'll try in the morning... but I already go to bed at 11:30 and wake up at 6:00

chess9
06-28-2007, 04:20 AM
Mike:

Given the handle you have, I assume you tend to be a bit overweight. Much of that can be controlled with a proper diet.
If you read some of the threads active here and use the search function, you will find quite a few very good tips on maintaining proper eating habits.

Good luck!

-Robert

Trainer
06-28-2007, 05:20 AM
Make choices man. Then answer is obvious.

Either decide to workout on the same days you play, or cut back your tennis. 5-6 times/week is an awful lot.

My advice? Fit in a light workout before your tennis unless you're playing in an important, meaningful match. You may notice it in your performance at first, but soon it will become part of your routine.

I ride my bike 6 miles to the park, jog 2-2.5 miles before I play a recreational match. When I first started this, my tennis sucked afterwards. I didn't go after anything. But now, I don't even notice it.

Fatmike
06-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Mike:

Given the handle you have, I assume you tend to be a bit overweight. Much of that can be controlled with a proper diet.
If you read some of the threads active here and use the search function, you will find quite a few very good tips on maintaining proper eating habits.

Good luck!

-Robert

nah, I'm not overwheight.... (6 foot, 165 lbs)... Fatmike is the signer of a band called NOFX, he was my hero like 15 years ago... I always kept the name as username....

chess9
06-28-2007, 11:46 AM
nah, I'm not overwheight.... (6 foot, 165 lbs)... Fatmike is the signer of a band called NOFX, he was my hero like 15 years ago... I always kept the name as username....

Oh, brilliant! Sorry, I didn't recognize Fatmike, but I still think Dick Clark plays Elvis. ;)

-Robert