PDA

View Full Version : ring finger on right hand hurts :(

noobplayer
06-27-2007, 11:21 PM
anyway it only seems to happen when i hold continental grip, for example when i serve or when doign a backhand, never hurt b4 when i served but recently ive been practicing my 1h bh a lot and i think i sprained it but could it be more than that? its been painful for 2 weeks and mostly only when i play tennis, i tried taking abreak for 4 days and started tennis again and the pain came back? any ideas on wat may be the problem?

richw76
06-28-2007, 08:22 AM
anyway it only seems to happen when i hold continental grip, for example when i serve or when doign a backhand, never hurt b4 when i served but recently ive been practicing my 1h bh a lot and i think i sprained it but could it be more than that? its been painful for 2 weeks and mostly only when i play tennis, i tried taking abreak for 4 days and started tennis again and the pain came back? any ideas on wat may be the problem?

I'd say go to a doctor or physical therapist for a qualified answer. But obviously you can move the finger so it's not broken, so it's probably tendon. All you can due for tendon is stop playing and let it heal, or ignore the pain if possible and maybe it gets worst maybe not.

scotus
06-28-2007, 10:06 AM
In addition to seeing a doctor, ice it for now and take a couple of weeks off until you no longer feel pain in your finger.

This may very well be the onset of "trigger finger". If this gets worse, your finger will be locked in a flexed position when you get up in the morning.

Do a search on "trigger finger" on this forum. I left some info there in the past.

donnygg
07-01-2007, 02:53 AM
At one stage, I liked my grip size huge. Then I started getting trigger finger in my ring finger. It's still there. It "clicks" but doesn't lock, though.

scotus
07-01-2007, 04:34 PM
At one stage, I liked my grip size huge. Then I started getting trigger finger in my ring finger. It's still there. It "clicks" but doesn't lock, though.

Do not let your finger "click". Try to keep it in straight position by wearing a sleeve. The more you "click" it, the more it will be inflamed, which will lead to your finger being locked in place down the road.

noobplayer
07-02-2007, 10:49 PM
well ive been resting my finger and it doesnt hurt as much anymore cept when i try to do my 1h backhand, usually the pain comes when i sort of shank the ball or dont hit the sweetspot so could it be a matter of technique? and it doesnt hurt with other grips, just feels jarring when i use continental