PDA

View Full Version : who makes the best mids and high tops

wjt_tennis
06-28-2007, 04:54 AM
I have weak ankles and need the support. Does anyone have an opinion on who makes the best mid or high tops for tennis. I used to use New Balance.

AmericanTemplar
06-28-2007, 08:13 AM
I wear a brace on one of my ankles because I was hit by a car last October, and torn ligaments in my left ankle was among the injuries sustained. I am currently wearing the Nike Breathe Cages and I have found them to have plenty of support. Overall they are much less comfortable than the BFII's, but I have found them to give more support. The reason that they offer so much support without being high tops is because the sole is extended on the outer edge near the toe, making it nearly impossible to roll your ankle. I'd reccomend trying on a pair to see what I mean.

rosenstar
06-28-2007, 10:08 AM
have the same problem. I use the prince vipors:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSPRINCE-PV4M.html

wjt_tennis
06-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks. I had a pair of Vipers a few years ago and really liked them. I will have to check those out. Kinda heavy as I remember...

Mnguyen05
06-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Try the Nike Oscillate shoes. They're pretty high and i believe they cover and protect your ankles, or most of them, when playing

WahooTennis
06-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Consider using the ASO ankle braces, and then you have more options with shoes. I used to have the Prince NFS Vipers, but still had some slight sprains. I switched to the ASO's along with the Adidas a3 Prevails (low & comfortable) and have more support than any mid or high top. Feels lighter too.

AmericanTemplar
06-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Consider using the ASO ankle braces, and then you have more options with shoes. I used to have the Prince NFS Vipers, but still had some slight sprains. I switched to the ASO's along with the Adidas a3 Prevails (low & comfortable) and have more support than any mid or high top. Feels lighter too.

Are those machine washable by any chance? I've been wearing something similar that is made by Ace. It actually works pretty well although it can sometimes be a little uncomfortable underneath the heel. If they are machine washable I'd be tempted to spring for the white one to make my crippleness less noticeable.

lilxjohnyy
06-29-2007, 10:35 AM
^^^ im not sure if they are suppose to be but i wash mine... a lot

Babolast
06-29-2007, 10:58 AM
Get the cages..

rosenstar
06-29-2007, 11:32 AM
some people do find the vipors to be too heavy, but I'm pretty quick and my foot work is one of my biggest strengths, and the extra weight has never bothered me.

AmericanTemplar
06-29-2007, 01:14 PM
^^^ im not sure if they are suppose to be but i wash mine... a lot

There's no mention on the box or tag? My Ace brace says to hand wash. Pretty nasty: I've been using it since I came back off of my injury--I believe it was in December--and I still haven't washed it. I was just thinking that I would get another one once the smell becomes unbarable. Keep in mind that I play daily. I'd spend the extra bucks on this one for sure though if it were machine washable. On a side note, all of my tennis clothing says to wash cold and hang dry, but I pay no attention and they hold up well.

gooberwho
06-29-2007, 03:11 PM
any experiences with the Wilson Qualifier Mid or Wildcard Mid?

WahooTennis
07-02-2007, 07:11 AM
Are those machine washable by any chance? I've been wearing something similar that is made by Ace. It actually works pretty well although it can sometimes be a little uncomfortable underneath the heel. If they are machine washable I'd be tempted to spring for the white one to make my crippleness less noticeable.
Yes. Per the manufacturer:
Washing instructions: machine wash on gentle cycle; no bleach; air-dried.

Big Fed
07-03-2007, 11:39 AM
I love Mid Air Force Ones.

Doc Hollidae
07-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Nike's Agassi Line were awesome for mids back in the day. Haven't see or tried many others since.

ZoomUltraflight
07-03-2007, 12:42 PM
http://www.pickyourshoes.com/size/nike_tech_challenge.htm
this place has the retroed agassi air tech challenges, maybe i f you liked them you can get them again