PDA

View Full Version : Fila Torneo - What a disappointment

netman
06-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Bought a pair of Fila Torneo shoes 5 months ago. Loved the comfort and great fit. They were tough as nails, holding up well to lots of hard court abuse. 5 months down the road and no wear through on the sole and still comfortable.

But 2 weeks ago I rolled my left ankle when the sole caught on the hard court during a serve to the ad court. Not a bad roll, but still disconcerting. Tonight while playing the same thing happened again, but this time it was a total inversion roll. My left ankle is trashed and odds are I'm out of commission for 4-6 weeks. Fila should be ashamed for calling the Tonreo a stability line. Never had this problem with Barricades or NIkes over the last 7 years.

Guess you live and learn.

-k-

goober
06-28-2007, 09:26 PM
If you read a lot of the reviews- lateral stability was often mentioned as an issue. It also could be that a lot of wear and tear after 5 months let to a deterioration in the stability.

JSF1
06-29-2007, 12:26 PM
I had the same problem. They were great for 4 months and it seemed like they lost all stability and then wore through the soles. I sent the tongue of mine in for replacement a few weeks ago and still have not heard anything from them. Supposedly, the Torneo II is better but I have not tried them.

jsuwan
06-29-2007, 01:11 PM
I had this shoe also, It's not comfortable at all. I think it's way too low cut
(maybe i have a small ankles). I almost twisted my ankle so many times. I think nike or adidas shoe are much better!!

Richie Rich
06-29-2007, 02:21 PM
you wear any tennis shoe for 5 months (if you play hard) and you are asking for an injury. regardless of the guarantee on the shoe, i usually switch every 3-4 months and i play singles 3 times a week, sometimes 4 times. by then the cushioning is mostly broken down and the stability of the shoe is pretty low.

snoflewis
06-29-2007, 08:18 PM
everytime you wear a shoe, it will wear down and the stability won't be as good as the last time you wore it. although the difference isnt noticeable, it becomes obvious when the uppers are much softer than before. that's why many nba players wear brand new pairs of shoes every game (some like Iverson wear new shoes every practice) so that they dont risk injury and the uppers are stable.

christo
07-01-2007, 09:50 PM
everytime you wear a shoe, it will wear down and the stability won't be as good as the last time you wore it. although the difference isnt noticeable, it becomes obvious when the uppers are much softer than before. that's why many nba players wear brand new pairs of shoes every game (some like Iverson wear new shoes every practice) so that they dont risk injury and the uppers are stable.

If I got freebies I would change once a week at least!

netman
07-02-2007, 04:16 AM
you wear any tennis shoe for 5 months (if you play hard) and you are asking for an injury. regardless of the guarantee on the shoe, i usually switch every 3-4 months and i play singles 3 times a week, sometimes 4 times. by then the cushioning is mostly broken down and the stability of the shoe is pretty low.

Good point. I use to change my basketball shoes every 3 months because of midsole breakdown. I guess I had gotten so use to the Barricades and their great stability and long life, I assumed the Torneos with their 7 month guarantee would be the same. They were so comfortable I wasn't paying attention to overall condition. Live and learn.

Picked up a pair of Barricades IVs (black no less) this weekend. I know they will be stable.

-k-

Richie Rich
07-02-2007, 04:46 AM
Good point. I use to change my basketball shoes every 3 months because of midsole breakdown. I guess I had gotten so use to the Barricades and their great stability and long life, I assumed the Torneos with their 7 month guarantee would be the same. They were so comfortable I wasn't paying attention to overall condition. Live and learn.

Picked up a pair of Barricades IVs (black no less) this weekend. I know they will be stable.

-k-

i stopped using my barricade III's after 4 1/2 months. had hardly worn through the midsole just onder the toe - had at least another 3 months left - but the cushion was gone and it felt like running bare foot. :mrgreen:

netman
07-02-2007, 07:25 AM
i stopped using my barricade III's after 4 1/2 months. had hardly worn through the midsole just onder the toe - had at least another 3 months left - but the cushion was gone and it felt like running bare foot. :mrgreen:

Yep. Adidas has truly figured out how to make the outsole last. The IVs feel like they have more cushioning than the IIs or IIIs. Maybe the midsole will last at least 5-6 months now.

-k-

coolhandluke
07-15-2007, 01:17 PM
The tourneos II are excellent. much more sturdy than the I's. Both the clay court Tourneos and the regular ones are good. I'm on my third ones