PDA

View Full Version : better string--JC 16 Micro, Touch Turbo or Bab. Hurricane.

tomgavin
10-05-2004, 05:43 AM
Just curious. I have all three of these and will using them in the next three months.

HeavyBall
10-05-2004, 07:23 AM
Which are better, apples or oranges? When you get a consensus on that, you'll have your answer. Hybrid the TT in the mains with the JC in the crosses in one racket and the Hurricane mains with JC crosses in the other. The best one wins.

StringBreaker
10-05-2004, 07:27 AM
Not used the Touch Turbo, but the JC has good feel but breaks very easily, and the Hurricane is my current choice of string for my mains, super durable, alot of power but not the harshness or lack of feel of some of those types of string (such as LL Big "Handbreaker" Banger). I would use Pro Hurricane with a soft gut-like string such as a technifibre or NXT Tour (or better still with real gut!)

tomgavin
10-05-2004, 10:45 AM
Heavyball, would you keep same tension for both strings?

StringBreaker
10-05-2004, 12:31 PM
I would go 1-2 pounds lower for the jc crosses than the TT or Pro Hurricane mains.

HeavyBall
10-05-2004, 01:25 PM
The generally accepted theory is, in a poly/synthetic hybrid, to string the poly a few pounds looser than the synthetic. The idea is to compensate for its stiff feel. I expect StringBreaker is recommending stringing poly higher to compensate for its future tension loss, thus "evening things out".

I'd just string them the same. Compare a string job with 55 mains and 53 crosses to a string job at 54. I seriously doubt you'd know the difference.