PDA

View Full Version : Do black shoes get hotter and mostly are worse?

Brett
06-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Do mostly black shoes really make your feet hot or are they just pretty much the same as white?

BkK_b0y14
06-29-2007, 04:38 PM
the same. never had a problem with my black barricades.

Brett
06-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Ok, I just don't want my shoes to be burning up if I get the black/gold Accelerators.

theace21
06-29-2007, 05:14 PM
In theory the should absorb more heat, but don't know if anyone would notice...Such a small area. Just goes with whatever works for you.

WildVolley
06-29-2007, 05:45 PM
Yeah, for the same shoes, the black ones will be hotter in the sun. There's no question about it. How much of a difference you'll feel is another question.

My main problem with shoes is that my feet sweat a lot and pretty soon the shoes are drenched. I'm just in the habit of wearing white shoes, so I've never tried a pair of black shoes.

Brett
06-29-2007, 05:49 PM
Dang it. I just ordered a pair of black/silver accelerators. Great...

Bodacious DVT
06-29-2007, 06:01 PM
ive got a pair of black/gold acccelerators and a pair of white/grey. the black get hotter, but its not a big difference. they're so well ported that its not really a factor. i love the shoes tho

Ripper
06-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Duh! Black absorbs the most heat. White absorbs the less. What are schools teaching people these days?

TheMurph
06-29-2007, 07:14 PM
I have had 2 pairs of the black/gold accelorator and the heat differential is very minimul in my opinion. The shoes ventilate very well and I think you will be satisfied with them Brett.

rbowser
06-30-2007, 07:14 AM
They're shoes, it doesn't matter that much. The shoes again, are only your small spot. With new tech, the ventilation could be better, I mean, they wore black shoes at the FO...some pros anyway. Black absorbs everything, while white reflects everything due to colors of light and all that mumbo jumbo,..

Bad Dog
06-30-2007, 07:26 AM
Yeah, for the same shoes, the black ones will be hotter in the sun. There's no question about it. How much of a difference you'll feel is another question.

My main problem with shoes is that my feet sweat a lot and pretty soon the shoes are drenched. I'm just in the habit of wearing white shoes, so I've never tried a pair of black shoes.

Even my supposedly well-ventilated white Breathe Free IIs get soaking wet inside, after just a couple of hours playing tennis in 85+ F. Solution: If you bring more than one racquet to the court, it makes sense to bring extra shoes and socks as well. :)

Bodacious DVT
06-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Even my supposedly well-ventilated white Breathe Free IIs get soaking wet inside, after just a couple of hours playing tennis in 85+ F. Solution: If you bring more than one racquet to the court, it makes sense to bring extra shoes and socks as well. :)

i always bring extra socks and shoes

Voltron
06-30-2007, 08:25 AM
They don't really bother me, but then again, my feet don't sweat....

vinnier6
06-30-2007, 09:51 AM
there is no doubt, that a black shoe is going to be hotter than a white shoe while on the court in the sun....

i have a pair of black shoes and i usually just use them indoor, but one or two times i wore them outside and my feet were on FIRE...it was soo bad that i have never used them outside again, and probably will never buy a black shoe again....

Zets147
06-30-2007, 10:21 AM
feel the same to me..

tomzo22
07-03-2007, 05:39 AM
No, black shoes wont feel hotter than white shoes. The surface area is too small for it to make a big difference and the ventilation design of the shoes is more important than the colour. Since you'll be moving while playing tennis, cool air will pass over the trainer the same regardless of the colour so the temperature will remain the same.

esm
07-03-2007, 05:52 AM
i have blk/red B4 and havent noticed anything major.... i will be getting a pair of a3 accelerator in blk/orange tomorrow.

jonline
07-03-2007, 12:33 PM
The thing that you notice with shoes is not so much the upper color as the sole color. If the outsole is black, then your feet will feel hotter. Definitely a noticeable difference if you're playing on 120 degree hard courts! Other than that though, it black shoes will be theoretically hotter, but only by a little, especially in milder climates.