PDA

View Full Version : Sore feet issue

Berniem
06-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Has anyone developed sore/sensitive feet after playing a couple sets? I'm turning 50 (Not getting any younger I know) but haven't had such an issue before. Any suggestions as I tried New Balance & Nike shoes with an extra Gel soul liner with no relief? :-( Thanks Bernie

Bodacious DVT
06-29-2007, 06:39 PM
where is the pain located? how sharp is it? how long does it last?

Berniem
06-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Mostly the pain is on the bottom/balls of my feet. Playing on the hard courts isn't much fun. Thanks Bernie

Berniem
06-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Mostly the pain is on the bottom/balls of my feet. Some sensitivity when I tighten them up too much. Despite wearing 2 pair of socks. It hurts to walk/run & starts half way into the second set & lasts until I take my sneakers off. I don't know what else to try as playing on the hard courts isn't much fun after a set or so. Has anyone else had anything similar? Any ideas? Thanks as I would appreciate any suggestions. Playing in future tourneys doesn't look too hopeful. Bernie

theace21
06-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Since I am in that same age group, and I have similar problems. One thing that has help is I wear these inserts called superfeet. They are kinda expensive but I think they are worth it. I wear Barricades and pull the original insert and put in the superfeet insert.

Might be worth a try - Good Luck...

Berniem
06-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Where are the superfeet items sold & how much? Thanks

Marius_Hancu
06-30-2007, 12:37 AM
Check my signature here:

Great fitness sites
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=15571

esp the Heel Pain sections (there's a flexibility test for shoes there at:
http://www.drpribut.com/sports/heelhtm.htm)

Buy Spenco full-length heel supports ($30) available on the net too.

You may have to change your shoes. This is very important.

Berniem
06-30-2007, 05:14 AM
Any idea which are the better shoes to go with? I thought the Nike air was good but they are a hurtin me!!: :(

Berniem
06-30-2007, 05:25 AM
Thanks Marius! There is a ton of good info. listed. I didn't see anything for my specific sore/ball of foot pain-problem. It sound like others are experiencing it. I wonder if circulation is an issue?? I haven't had any prior problems but were not getting any younger!!

Bad Dog
06-30-2007, 06:01 AM
Any idea which are the better shoes to go with? I thought the Nike air was good but they are a hurtin me!!: :(

In my experience on hard courts, the Yonex 304 has probably the best cushioning on the market better than Nike Breathe Free II and Adidas Barricade IV.

I also took out the original inserts and use orthotics called Powerstep Pinnacle (ironically bought in a New Balance store), which together with the Yonex 304 significantly reduced foot ache/pain after long tennis sessions. In other words, the Yonex 304 provides the cushioning (especially for the knees), and the orthotics provide structural support for the soles of feet.

theace21
06-30-2007, 07:17 AM
[QUOTE=Berniem;1552569]Where are the superfeet items sold & how much? Thanks[/QUOTE
Search on google, but the run around $30. They have a website where you can find a dealer in your area. First pair a bought retail, but I found a site on google the was cheaper and free shipping.

superfeet dot com

heycal
06-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Has anyone developed sore/sensitive feet after playing a couple sets? I'm turning 50 (Not getting any younger I know) but haven't had such an issue before. Any suggestions as I tried New Balance & Nike shoes with an extra Gel soul liner with no relief? :-( Thanks Bernie

Not sure if this is the exact same problem, but when I switched from wearing New Balance to both Reebok Match Day Pumps and Reebok Netmaster's, the soles or my feet really hurt a lot, especially on hard court. (I'm 44). The Netmaster's eventually started to feel better after a long long time, but I guess the main point here is to possibly try a different shoe. For me, New Balance 653's don't cause any foot feet, Match Day Pumps and Netmaster's can, while K-Swiss didn't cause foot pain but bothered me in other ways. (Sore ankles, hot.) Perhaps there is a shoe for you -- problem is, a shoe's flaws often don't show up while you're trying them in the store, but only after playing a couple of sets, when it's too late to take them back anymore...

In my experience on hard courts, the Yonex 304 has probably the best cushioning on the market better than Nike Breathe Free II and Adidas Barricade IV.

I'm always on the lookout for good shoes that provide cushioning, and am intrigued by the Yonex 304 since they weigh so little. Sounds too good to be true -- light weight AND good cushioning? What's the catch? And are there any downsides to the shoe? How do they perform on har-tru if you know?

Marius_Hancu
07-01-2007, 04:48 AM
I'd recommend Nike Air Oscillates, very flexible, they healed me from trouble with NB 800.

Yonex 304 (discontinued at TW) and Wilson 850cc have also been good to me.

Always apply the flexibility test in the store.

You'll need to start doing all the flexibillity exercieses shown at the sites I gave you, esp after matches.

Berniem
07-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Since I am in that same age group, and I have similar problems. One thing that has help is I wear these inserts called superfeet. They are kinda expensive but I think they are worth it. I wear Barricades and pull the original insert and put in the superfeet insert.
Which superfeet do you use? I found the green Synergizer for $30.00.Thx

theace21
07-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Which superfeet do you use? I found the green Synergizer for $30.00.Thx
I use the green. I bought the blue online last week but have not tried them out.

Bad Dog
07-02-2007, 05:50 AM
I'm always on the lookout for good shoes that provide cushioning, and am intrigued by the Yonex 304 since they weigh so little. Sounds too good to be true -- light weight AND good cushioning? What's the catch? And are there any downsides to the shoe? How do they perform on har-tru if you know?

The only downside I can find is that the 304 does not have a six-month warranty. I punish my shoes for dozens of hours a month, so the sole wears out faster than half a year. On hard courts, they allow me to play more aggressively than any other shoe because I know my landing is well-cushioned. Id agree that the 304 sounded almost too good to be true, but so far I'm a believer. Keep in mind that I use specific but non-customized orthotics to replace the paper-thin insole.

Ill be road-testing the updated 304-R soon, since the 304 are becoming hard to find.

I don't know how the 304 play on har-true since I used the BF 2 on that surface which is easier on the knees than hard courts. I haven't played on har-true since discovering the 304.

Incidentally Heycal, you and SoBad were absolutely brilliant in the dating finances thread.