PDA

View Full Version : Nike Free?

cukoo
06-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Have anyone tryed these Nike Free shoes out, not for tennis, but for running. Nike claim that by mimicing barefoot movement, it can build extra foot and leg strength.
Considering trying them out because they are on sale at my local store.
Can anyone give me some feedback?
More importantly: Does it actually build muscle in the feet/ leg?

Noveson
06-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Try doing a search, there has been a lot of posts on these. I love mine for running, my whole family is high level runners and they all use them.

cukoo
06-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Cool, but do you think that they actually help build/strengthens muscles in the legs/feet?

xbzzagent
06-29-2007, 07:00 PM
wow really?? i'd get them if they really do what nike claims they do!!

Noveson
06-29-2007, 07:04 PM
Cool, but do you think that they actually help build/strengthens muscles in the legs/feet?

My feet were somewhat sore after running in them the first few days. The kind've sore you get from running on the beach. Just like the stablizing muscles.

muggy
06-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Nike Free's have almost no cushioning. They're great for training type of exercises, running on rubber tracks, but not extended periods on concrete.

Noveson
06-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Nike Free's have almost no cushioning. They're great for training type of exercises, running on rubber tracks, but not extended periods on concrete.

He's right there. Not recommended for a lot of road running. I used mine on the track and running trails. Also I used them for cross training.

WildVolley
07-01-2007, 04:14 PM
These are definitely a training shoe that are only to be used for short distances and drills.

The early complaint about them is that the heel cup area was ripping loose very quickly. I don't know if Nike ever fixed that problem, but it was the reason I never bought a pair. A friend of mine wears his as casual shoes.