PDA

View Full Version : Help me figure out who LM Prestige paintjob racquet I got!

mavsman149
06-30-2007, 11:05 AM
I just bought a lm prestige MP paintjob racquet for 105. All the person knows is that it is from a Dallas Challenger feb 3-10. This is the website http://braingame.dartfishnet.com/group.cfm?g=398
I think it is a pt 630 underneath the paint once I actually get I will try to post pics. So far I think it is Brendan Evans'.

It was strung on the second so I think it was a qualifier so more evidence towards it being Evans'

although I think Smyczek used this racquet set-up as well. The sticker on the racquet says strung 2/2/07, String Lux/VS, tension 58/62

vsbabolat
06-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Dude does it matter? You have a real HEAD racquet. A Pro Tour 630. Not one of these imitation HEAD racquets that HEAD sells to the consumer.

mavsman149
06-30-2007, 12:09 PM
I know pt 630's are really nice, but I am just curious

saram
06-30-2007, 12:23 PM
I just bought a lm prestige MP paintjob racquet for 105. All the person knows is that it is from a Dallas Challenger feb 3-10. This is the website http://braingame.dartfishnet.com/group.cfm?g=398
I think it is a pt 630 underneath the paint once I actually get I will try to post pics. So far I think it is Brendan Evans'.

It was strung on the second so I think it was a qualifier so more evidence towards it being Evans'

although I think Smyczek used this racquet set-up as well. The sticker on the racquet says strung 2/2/07, String Lux/VS, tension 58/62

do you have any images of the actual stick? I know the forum world here drools over images of PJ's and the 'truth'....thanks in advace, if you should furnish an image for us...

mavsman149
06-30-2007, 12:28 PM
It is being mailed to me right now as soon as I get it I will try to borrow my friends camera.

Hessam
06-30-2007, 01:10 PM
I have the same exact racket a PT 280/630 paintjob as a liquidmetal prestige. It also has the silicone injection grip.

I have pictures, but not sure how I can post them on the board. If anyone can post them, I'd be glad to send them to you.

email me at hessam@aol.com

mavsman149
06-30-2007, 02:22 PM
anyone know?

mavsman149
07-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Would you possibly know Thomas Martinez?

mavsman149
07-16-2007, 06:27 PM
I still haven't figured out who's it is but it sure hits nice when my friend gets back from NY I'll see if I can borrow his camera

jelichek
07-16-2007, 06:55 PM
If it is what I think it is, it is a Head Pro Tour painted to look like a LM Prestige. If it is the same thing that I have, it has a Wilson leather grip and the grip has been re-molded in the shape of a Wilson grip. It belonged to Brendan Evans.

mavsman149
07-17-2007, 08:18 AM
it does have a wilson leather grip and it does look like it was remolded does the grip cover where it says head right above the handle on yours too?

jelichek
07-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Yup. The grip was re-molded down at Bosworth's in Florida. It def. belonged to a kid by the name of Brendan Evans. I know a couple of guys that have played against him and he, Evans, told one of them the whole grip story about how he didn't like the shape of the Head grip and had it professionally changed to the Wilson mold so there you have it.

jeffbeckib
08-07-2007, 11:43 AM
I've just got 2 of the same exact frames that I was told belonged to him. 1 was exactly the same as you described, bosworth handle, pro tour 280 LM paintjob, 1" stip of lead under the cap system at 12oclock, lots at 3 & 9 and one strip under the handle at the very top. I think the weight was around
376g.
The other is brand new, never used, didn't even have pallets. The one that's setup has a bizzare handle on it, it looks like a wilson shape to me, but it appears to be made out of Balsa wood, and not a molded handle.
This guy brendan must be giving away all his LM paintjobs cause he's probably using a flexpoint PJ now. His frames seem to be turning up all over the place. They were a steal at $80.00 each. I've also got a Prestige Classic with LM PJ that I was told was made for Safin, but it too was never used and had no pallets.