PDA

View Full Version : Have any pros used the H-Tour?

Adam
07-01-2007, 06:59 AM
Have they? Saw a picture of Henin with a racquet that look similar and wondered if it was the H Tour. Is this racquet good enough for the pros or is it more of a club player racquet? Thanks

Slazenger
07-01-2007, 07:09 AM
Is that the black racquet with the red PWS?

If so, Henin did use a paintjob of it. Underneath was the Hammer 5.3 mp with powerholes.

I know Lindsay Davenport used this racquet as well, but I don't know if she actually used it or if it was just a paintjob.

caesar66
07-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Todd Martin used a PJ of it. Its a solid club racquet and I've run up against plenty of really awesome players using something in that series (5.2, htour, ntour, ntour2). There are some decent players on the mens DI college teams that use them, I'm not sure of the number of them that are PJ's or weighted. A good many DI college women use them too.

PBODY99
07-01-2007, 08:05 AM
With its near even balance and around a 5 on the Wilson scale< Pro Staffs 85\90's are 6> it lends it self to a wide range of players.

Adam
07-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the replies , some interesting facts there

jura
07-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Of the "Top 3" that seemed to use it (Davenport, Henin, Martin) all of them only used the pj on older sticks.
there were some "second row" women using the real one. I remember Kveta Peschke being one of them. And I think one of the Czech doubles players (Leos Friedl or Michael Mertinak?) used a real one as well.

Richie Rich
07-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Friedl used (still uses?) the h tour. lots of lead. someone posted pics a while back but can't remember their name