PDA

View Full Version : green tea brand?

nanni
07-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Ano,
Planning to start drinking green tea in office.Can you suggest a good brand which is available in indonesia and that doesnt taste too bad?;) Since i am not used to it,i would like a flavour which is not too strong!Thanks.

Ano
07-01-2007, 09:43 PM
I drink Teh Sosro Celup Green Tea or Sariwangi Teh Hijau Asli.

As for the taste, don't worry, you will get used to it.

nanni
07-01-2007, 10:04 PM
terimakasih,mate!
will try it out and hoping to making it a good habit.
thanks again for all the posts.quite inspiring!

goober
07-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Do you guys drink green Ice tea over there? I much prefer it over hot tea during the summer. :-)

Kevin T
07-02-2007, 09:04 AM
You will gain the greatest benefit if you use loose leaf tea and actually consume some of the leaves. Most reputable studies expousing the benefits of green tea showed greatest benefit from these types of teas.

AgassiFan12
07-02-2007, 03:20 PM
I prefer to go with the iced tea version. I simply make the tea as normal and put it in the refridgerator over night.

A suggestion I have for you if you are worried about flavor try sweetening it with something. Of course you can use sugar but that is empty calories that you really don't need. I use spleda (which I normally don't like in things) and it tastes delicious with green tea...and it has no calories.

LuckyR
07-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Ano,
Planning to start drinking green tea in office.Can you suggest a good brand which is available in indonesia and that doesnt taste too bad?;) Since i am not used to it,i would like a flavour which is not too strong!Thanks.

I, too had trouble at first with the taste of green tea. I was used to darker tea flavor and felt that green tea was too grass-like in flavor. Try Gunpowder green tea, to tastes more oxidized (dark tea-like).

Plus it is cool looking to drink...

Ano
07-03-2007, 05:02 PM
I, too had trouble at first with the taste of green tea. I was used to darker tea flavor and felt that green tea was too grass-like in flavor. Try Gunpowder green tea, to tastes more oxidized (dark tea-like).

Plus it is cool looking to drink...

The problem is: that product is not available in Indonesia. ;)

nanni
07-03-2007, 10:26 PM
hey ano!i went and bought the sari wangi teh hijau asli and started with it yesterday.it better have some health benefits...because it tastes awful right now!hope i 'develop' a taste for it.drinking it like medicine now!:-(

Ano
07-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Do you guys drink green Ice tea over there? I much prefer it over hot tea during the summer. :-)

I drink cool green tea. I don't like any kind of hot beverage.

hey ano!i went and bought the sari wangi teh hijau asli and started with it yesterday.it better have some health benefits...because it tastes awful right now!hope i 'develop' a taste for it.drinking it like medicine now!:-(

Well, we have to compromise. ;)

I don't like to drink green tea and eat vegetables. But I force myself to do it everyday.

gatorbait
07-04-2007, 06:32 PM
sorry to be off subject, but what are the benefits of green tea??

Ano
07-05-2007, 12:17 AM
sorry to be off subject, but what are the benefits of green tea??

Green tea contains a phytochemical called " epigallocatechingallate".

People who drink green tea have a lower risk of liver, lung, skin, esophageal and urinary cancer.

Source : THE OMEGA DIET by Artemis Simopoulos, MD (page 62).

LuckyR
07-05-2007, 11:56 AM
The problem is: that product is not available in Indonesia. ;)

Well, Gunpowder Green Tea is a style of tea, not a brand

dave333
07-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Does it have to be hot green tea? It is too warm to be treating hot green tea.

Ano
07-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Well, Gunpowder Green Tea is a style of tea, not a brand

Okay, thanks for clarifying that.

Caswell
07-11-2007, 11:42 AM
For those in the US interested in green tea, I'd recommend Adagio.com or if there's one in your area, a Teavana.

Both produce quality looseleaf teas, and the "flavored" greens and whites from Adagio are a great way to get used to the taste without getting turned off by the smell. They're not actually flavored as much as scented, and getting a whiff of apricot or pomegranate instead of wet grass clippings makes it much easier to make the transition to greens and whites.

I've made the transition to greens, whites, and rooibos teas and cut coffee and soda out of my diet completely. I have the occasional black or herbal tea as well. There's really enough variety in teas that there's no reason to drink anything else (aside from water of course).

htrain
07-11-2007, 05:25 PM
lemon makes it taste the best

slice bh compliment
07-11-2007, 06:40 PM
I like green tea, too. I even like Green Tea ice cream.
The brand I go for is ''New Age Sheep''. Really tasty and very restorative after pretending to enjoy listening to world music cds with your aging hippy lesbian friends. Also really good with soy candles and a loofah around the hot tub right after crystal shopping. That was for you, Phil.

Seriously, though, I get the one in bulk at the local natural food store. That and three or four lemon slices...and honey if I feel like it.
I even drink that with ice on a hot day mowing the lawn.

The guy at the store says you get more out of green tea in the powdered form in the capsules. I think he was just trying to sell me a jar of something.

vascoboy
12-09-2008, 09:26 PM
let taste be your guide,...some teas have more benefits than others, darker teas with fewer benefits than green or "white" teas...in my opinion, my favorite tea comes from china, "silver needles" (white tea) is probably the best for you, least amount of caffeine; then green tea; and then dark teas. In the dark tea world, Pu'erh tea has the most benefits (it has a smoky taste, people love it or hate it, but like fine wines, it is the most sought after). Green tea from a bag is fine, but the quality of the leaves is the poorest (that's why there in bags, the same way bruised tomatoes end up in tin cans for sauce...) If you're just looking for the health benefits, all of this does not really matter, but when you start drinking a lot of it, you will acquire a taste, and get more discriminating about what you drink. No "brands" or anything you buy in bags is going to be as good as loose leaf tea you can buy for the same $ or less.
On a side note, green tea is not settling to the stomach (if you driking a lot); Pu'erh is very settling to the stomach (it's most often consumed after big meals for this reason).

FuriousYellow
12-10-2008, 07:59 AM
Yamamotoyama

slice bh compliment
12-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Yamamotoyama
Cool name.
What does that mean in Japanese? Mountain, man, mountain or something?

Gmedlo
12-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Cool name.
What does that mean in Japanese? Mountain, man, mountain or something?

Mountain origin mountain. Doesn't really make any sense in english, probably what something like "Rite-Aid" would sound like to a Japanese person.

AlpineCadet
12-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Hey, Ano is back! Nevermind, this thread was created in 2007...

SteveI
12-12-2008, 06:07 AM
Green tea contains a phytochemical called " epigallocatechingallate".

People who drink green tea have a lower risk of liver, lung, skin, esophageal and urinary cancer.

Source : THE OMEGA DIET by Artemis Simopoulos, MD (page 62).

Ano,

Also... supposed to have a produce a calming effect, lower BP and acts to reduce water retension.

Regards,
Steve