PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Elbow

drhopz
07-02-2007, 09:06 AM
How long does it take Tennis Elbow to go away? It's been affecting my game lately-more mentally than physically. Im afraid to bash the ball like i used too.

fgs
07-02-2007, 09:29 AM
that's no good news dr.ucla. take some 10 days of rest and then give it a slow start. something in your technique is wrong. where exactly does it hurt - in the inside or the outside? what strokes are affected?

drhopz
07-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Inside, it's slowly getting better, but i just cant wait. It's that feeling in your elbow like you wanna stretch it and it makes a crackly noise. Well, with my Nblade, i tend to get too much spin, but not enough depth. There are days where i find my correct grip and days that i dont. I developed a screwball and american twist serve right before i got tennis elbow. It was consistant, but after trying poly for 10mins my elbow started hurting. I just cut it out and put on my regular synthetic gut.

fgs
07-02-2007, 01:07 PM
stay some days off and see if you get that pain with your regular string when you resume playing. i also tried poly and dumped it. it simply is nothing for me - i got a sore wrist (slightly) but no touch at all, so i just went back to my trusted multis.

Court_Jester
07-02-2007, 01:11 PM
If it's inside, then what you have is GE, not TE. I agree that a 2-week total rest is a must and there's no way around it. It's not worth tossing away your elbow's health for a few days of tennis.

Have a pro check your technique. It may have something to do with your wrist as your racquet hits the ball.

drhopz
07-02-2007, 01:14 PM
What's GE?

Bottle Rocket
07-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Golfer's elbow-->

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/elbow/a/golferselbow.htm

Run a google search and a search on this website. There's endless amounts of information. Your odd serve you developed might have been the cause.

It seems like this is almost more common than Tennis Elbow is. Usually it comes from serving, more from spin, kick, and twist serves than flat serves.

The thing is, most of the time I don't think these injury's are true "golfers elbow" or "tennis elbow", but they should be treated as such. Then again, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Do you have health insurance? You should see a doctor.

drhopz
07-02-2007, 02:39 PM
It was minor, since i only played for 10mins. It was my first time with such weird feelings on my elbow, i just wanted to make sure.

fgs
07-02-2007, 02:54 PM
drhopz,
minor or not, 10 minutes oe what, there is something there that simply "ain't" o.k. so, just give it a rest, maybe five days, and then go for a light hitting session with your old string setup and see how it feels. watch smooth strokes and swings and don't overpower. next session you can give it a little more juice if the first one was o.k. and so on. these little things can become nagging, believe me:D . better five days off than five weeks!

drhopz
07-02-2007, 03:38 PM
yes sir. Wont be hard for me. Atleast wimbledon will be on, if there arent any rain delays.