PDA

View Full Version : Ferrero racket stiffnes

RoarTT
07-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Anyone knows what it is now? I remember it was told to be 68RA when he was using the Prince Experimental paint

Z-Man
07-02-2007, 05:25 PM
If it's his old POG LB, it's pretty flexible--assuming it has the same flex as what's sold on TW. The specs say 63, but it feels softer because of the length. You can actually feel the thing flex when you hit the ball. The ball really stays on the racquet--it's an amazing feeling.

RoarTT
07-03-2007, 09:42 AM
i think ferrero might be playing with a stiffer frame

Z-Man
07-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Looks like the same old racquet to me--it's just painted black. There's no way to tell how stiff it is. I'm glad to see him regaining his form. I miss those pre-Nadal days when Ferrero and Coria were both contenders. They gave us counterpunchers something to aspire to. I think JCF is hitting a little bigger these days, but I could be wrong. It's the same old racquet--long and most likely flexible.

pow
07-04-2007, 04:29 PM
i think ferrero might be playing with a stiffer frame

because...?

RoarTT
07-04-2007, 04:47 PM
because a pro stringer gave some info about his racketflex some time ago in this forum. He said prior to using the black experimental paint from Prince he was using a 64RA flex. When he changed to the expr. paint he allsow changed to a 68RA flex. So back when he used the TT graphite paint it was 64RA.

Z-Man
07-04-2007, 08:13 PM
In that case, he's currently at 64. It's obviously a POG LB under the paint. Maybe Prince made his racquets a pinch stiffer than what TW sells, but I doubt it. BTW, my favorite POG LB is an old one I bought from a former college player online. It's a tad heavier than my others and years of use has given it a wondeful soft flex--like a stick of butter.