PDA

View Full Version : Tension for Kirschbaum Turbotouch 17g

slice
03-15-2004, 06:19 PM
I am presently using Prince synthetic gut w duraflex 16g strings at 62 lbs in my Wilson hps 6.1. I would like to try Kirschbaum Turbotouch 17g. Should I lower the tension with this string? I like a firm feel but do not like it so stiff that I get tennis elbow.

AJP
03-15-2004, 08:10 PM
I tried it and sort of liked it but felt that it was a bit too powerful. I did feel a bit of arm discomfort with a pure tt job. The hybrid was not a problem though. You may want to try a syn gut cross & my suggestion is to not lower the tension - this string has plenty of power.

Good luck

prince
03-15-2004, 08:20 PM
i use tour 90 with soft strings before (dunlop max comfort,etc) at 54 lbs on a MS200TT.

i started using kirshbaum competition at 58 lbs- high tension for me for the first time - needed a lot of getting used to but it feels better as i dont spray a lot of balls out and can swing away more - no arm discomfort for me .

i did a friend's tour 90 with kirshbaum touch turbo at 54 lbs - same tension as he is used to and said it was better compared to when we did string it lower at 51 lbs as it was too powerful.