PDA

View Full Version : A Marathon Anybody??

Marc C.
10-06-2004, 11:00 AM
I have gone through the cheap polys (go dead after not being played with for a few days, not to mention tension loss), synthetic guts (I just broke psg duraflex 16 in 45 minutes of straight hitting). I have not used kevlar hybrids because I am concerned about my arm and have been told they are dead. I was looking at Gamma Marathon as a possibility. Will this go dead after not being used for a few days? Will it last? Is is worth $8? Thanks.

postal
10-06-2004, 11:27 AM
I have been in your same situation. Instead of playing with pain in my shoulder by using a kevlar string, I went with Klip Blast. It combines a durable yet playable polyester w/ a soft syn gut for the crosses. Great durability and easy on the body.....my 2 cents.

Kick Serve
10-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Tecnifibre Promix 17. It's the perfect string for stringbreakers who want durability without sacrificing playability. I usually get about 8-10 hours of hard hitting before they go dead or break. Great stuff.

Marc C.
10-07-2004, 03:28 AM
Thanks for the recommendations, I will look into them, but has anybody used Gamma Marathon?

predrag
10-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the recommendations, I will look into them, but has anybody used Gamma Marathon?

I tried it some 6-7 years ago.
This is one of the very 2 strings that I could not stand and cut of my racquet after initial tryout.
Other string being Forten Kevlar Gear
It had no feel, and could not produce any topspin.
I could not find the court with it.
I try Problend, Rip Control, various Luxillons,... All of those survived until the breakage.
Timo gave me an elbow, but I thought that I liked the way it plays.

Regards, Predrag