PDA

View Full Version : USRSA review on Klip X-Plosive

kalle
10-06-2004, 11:35 AM
I read in the so. cal Inside Tennis that X-Plosive got the highest review of any string tested by the USRSA. Have you guys tried the string? Would like some feedback because I am thinking about getting a set.

NoBadMojo
10-06-2004, 02:35 PM
i wouldnt go too much by the USRSA ratings. some of the better strings arent even tested and i have found great inaccuracies in some of their conmparisons and ratings. i used the XPlosive..or tried to..the KBoom snapped off in my stringer as i was putting it in the x;s, so i was left w. the Klip legend gut mains and used my normal PSGduraflex in the crosses..i found the gut to be just an ok gut and if you search this board, you will find the quality to be spotty. so they replaced the stringset and i was able to use the KBoom crosses which i didnt like at all..i am not a fan of polys though but thought the Lux plays better, so to me it ruined a decent gutjob...maybe someone else can chime in w. their take on the KBoom poly.

bcaz
10-06-2004, 09:56 PM
I tried a set of X-Plosive in one of my Estusas several months ago. I kind of like Klip Legend 17g and have had good results with it. THe X-Plosive was the first (and last) gut/poly hybrid I will try. At first, I was intrigued by the firmness and control from the K-Boom, but the novelty quickly wore off. At the time, my other Estusa PBB game racquet was strung with a Bow16L/Gosen Super 17g hybrid; NC = no contest. Much better feel, pwoer, and action on the ball with gut/syn sut or all-gut jobs. The guys who like gut/ploy hybrids just like poly, I think, which is fine, just not for me, especially in my sticks of choice. I cut the X-Plosive out pretty soon after that.