PDA

View Full Version : Insoles

Gaines Hillix
03-15-2004, 06:19 PM
I have a perfectly good pair of New Balance CT800Ws in a 10 EE, but the insoles have lost their resilience. Does anyone have a recommendation on a good replacement insole that would work with these?

Larry Baldridge
03-15-2004, 06:50 PM
Gaines -- New Balance makes a green replacement sports insole that is great! It costs around $30 and can be found @ New Balance Stores. To me, they are worth the money. [I've worn NB the 800's for a couple of years, and even w/ a new pair of shoes, I remove the stock insole and insert the green ones.] -- Great cushioning! -- I am just sorry that TW does not carry them anymore. The 801's have great flex points, but seem narrower.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-15-2004, 07:56 PM
BTW, would like Dr. Scholl's gel insoles fit in Nike Air Resolves or Air Court motion intl's? Would they be good for tennis for just cushioning?

Larry Baldridge
03-16-2004, 04:33 PM
PCMD -- I just looked @ those last week for my wife. I don't think they would be good for tennis, as they add no aditional arch support, plus I do not think they would be good in a stop and start situation. We passed on those for a similar insert as I described above. The Dr. Scholl's are reasonably price, but there are similar inserts to the New Balance that have a dense cushioning material that will hold up to pounding & provide good cushion AND support that are more sports/tennis specific. I believe the New Balance also fight bacteria.