PDA

View Full Version : White Shorts

MTXR
07-03-2007, 10:34 AM
I was wondering if most of the White Tennis shorts on the market are a tiny bit see thru? Like if you were close could you see thru them a bit?

I wear colored boxers and wonder if the color would show thru, would i have to get pure white boxers?

darkblue
07-03-2007, 10:48 AM
I was wondering if most of the White Tennis shorts on the market are a tiny bit see thru? Like if you were close could you see thru them a bit?

I wear colored boxers and wonder if the color would show thru, would i have to get pure white boxers?

Adidas Competition line of white shorts become see-thru when it gets
wet. You can't wear colored underwear (I found that out the hard way)

BreakPoint
07-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Yes, just about all the white shorts I own (a lot) are all see through to some extent, some more than others. That's why when I wear my white tennis shorts, I also try and wear white underwear underneath.

MacKenzie
07-03-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm sorry I shouldn't be laughing.....:grin:

darkblue
07-03-2007, 10:59 AM
yeah .. my mixed doubles partner was laughing too when she pointed it out :(

aidenous
07-03-2007, 11:32 AM
I wear white underneath. Most white shorts seem to be see thru.

forzainter
07-03-2007, 12:11 PM
you can see the tennis ball in the pocket of nadals shorts at wimbledon

slice bh compliment
07-03-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm guessing they make them thin for performance purposes, and I am more than fine with that. Play in them. Just don't go swimming in them.;)

Court_Jester
07-03-2007, 12:59 PM
And that's the reason I don't wear nor buy white shorts anymore. I used to hate the thought of wearing dark shorts but these days, that's all I wear. :D

!<-_->!
07-03-2007, 01:13 PM
What's everyone's problem of it being a bit see-thru? You are wearing something underneath them afterall.

LafayetteHitter
07-03-2007, 01:17 PM
I have some K-swiss that you cannot see through at all even while sweating. I have some Nikes that turn into a tighty whity contest once they are wet from sweating. I only use those on the indoors with white underneath. Making sure you buy white shorts with some sorta double liner inside the leg part of the shorts helps alot.

Nytro
07-03-2007, 02:30 PM
i just have one pair of white/blue striped boxers I wear whenever i wear white shorts so you can't really tell

MTXR
07-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Well i don't have any white shorts at all. I was thinking of transitioning to wearing all white for awhile.

I'll have to go buy white boxers.

randomname
07-03-2007, 02:52 PM
I have a pair of white adidas shorts hat you can only see through when they get wet or pressed up against your leg

MTXR
07-03-2007, 02:54 PM
When white shorts get wet, can you see thru them really well or something?

So if my white boxers get wet and my white shorts, then they can see my skin?

randomname
07-03-2007, 03:07 PM
When white shorts get wet, can you see thru them really well or something?

So if my white boxers get wet and my white shorts, then they can see my skin?

yeah, but they have to be soaked

MTXR
07-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Hmm... Hopefully my transition to wearing all white turns out good.

I find that white goes with a lot of things...

AndyRLacoste
07-03-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm guessing there are a lot of chicks posting in this thread?

SFrazeur
07-04-2007, 12:35 PM
I would suggest these shorts to people, the white ones atlest come with what I refer to as a modesty lining:

http://rs.tennis-warehouse.com/tw/ProductImages/AMSRCO7-WH.JPG
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMAADIDAS-AMSRCO7.html

J011yroger
07-04-2007, 12:51 PM
I only wear whites if I play in an 80% white tourney. If you wear them alot they get dingy. For everyday practice and tournament play I wear all black.

Yea, that whistling sound you hear is the points falling off my man card at an alarming rate.

J

MTXR
07-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Yeah, i have a lot of colored tennis clothing now, but no white shorts and no all white shirts.

So i am gonna get like a few pairs of white shorts and white shirts. So i can be all wimbledon white if i want to.

iplaybetter
07-04-2007, 06:40 PM
a tad, but not as much as my pare of white athletic shorts with pockets
i have 3 or the athletic shorts and 2 of my favorite adidas shorts both rather not-see through

Craig Sheppard
07-04-2007, 07:40 PM
I have a pair of the Nike 7" Anytime short and you can maybe see an undie line, but that's about it. You shouldn't worry about puttin your jewels on display or anything... won't be happenin. Just ordered some of the K-Swiss accomplish shorts too, we'll see when they come in. Had diff white shorts over the years, sure you flash a little undie but who really cares? The white looks classy. Am going to more white myself actually.