PDA

View Full Version : Swelling in right leg and foot?

Svenskpor
07-03-2007, 11:38 AM
For some reason I felt like yesterday my right leg was swollen - both my knee brace and right sneaker fit much tighter than usual - what could be the problem here? I managed to still play my match and did well, but it bothered me a bit. I am in my twenties and slightly overweight, but in ok shape and i have been trying to play more tennis recently to get in better shape.

Midlife crisis
07-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Do you have any areas of tenderness or redness in your leg that are localized? Is there a spot in your muscles where it hurts when you squeeze it or press on it? Had you previously been sitting for a long period of time? If so, there's the outside possibility of a blood clot. There's a blood test that can be done to see if this is likely, and if so you can get an MRI to make sure.

It's also possible that you have a low grade infection somewhere in your leg, but I would guess this would be noticeably more uncomfortable to the point where you KNOW there is a problem.

Good luck.

Svenskpor
07-09-2007, 06:24 AM
Thanks for the info - although it seems like the problem has subsided.

chess9
07-09-2007, 07:06 AM
Are you diabetic? Get the blood test...

This is a potentially serious problem and needs to be addressed by your doctor. As MLC stated, a clot could be the problem, and serious complications from blood clots are not rare.

Just because it has subsided, doesn't mean you are well.

SEE A DOCTOR!

-Robert