PDA

View Full Version : How to treat blisters on your hands...

SalvadorVeiga
07-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Well, just like the thread title says it's self explanatory... I was training today and the skin of the palm of my hand started tearing apart... It created kind of a blister and then popped... it's really painful when trying to hit the ball... it's right on the base of my thumb... I hold the racquet on forehands like Gasquet I think with the bottom of my hand coming out of the grip, in other words the butt is in the palm of my hand so I think that was what created the blister...

my question is... what's best to heal this ? should I avoid training tomorrow ?

Any help appreciated thanks

Stuyten
07-04-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm having the same problem with blisters as you. I also have blisters along the bottom of my palm. So far I've tried band-aids, and wrapping it with some cloth type, and both were pretty weak and didnt stay in place. In the end, I ripped off the band-aid and tape because they wouldn't stay in place. I played through it. Ideas?

MTXR
07-04-2007, 06:29 PM
on the palm... you pretty much need to tape up your whole hand.

I use athletic tape for blisters on the finger and palm. Usually i am out of commission though for a bit if its on my palm.

ubel
07-04-2007, 07:03 PM
man up :P

that's generally what i did... up until i found out that cloth + electrical tape works wonders, at which point I bought a roll of it for 50 cents at wallyworld. ALWAYS use alcohol/disinfectant for these wounds too. your hands can get very dirty if you play through these wounds, so remember to clean them regularly.

khd287
07-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Get this stuff called "Newskin"
It helps a lot but beware when your apply it....it will sting for a couple of minutes