PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to Shoe Descriptions Listing Preferred Foot Types?

TechnoJock
07-04-2007, 07:01 PM
I have a supinated foot - high arches, morton's toe, wear my shoes out on the outside of my foot, etc.

I have been wearing Nike Air Resolves and had purchased about 6 pairs when they were on close out. When I ran out of those, I purchased 2 pairs of Adidas Barricade IV's - and liked them a lot - although they weren't up to my previous Nikes.

So I purchased a couple of Air Breathe Free III's and voila - I have never felt so much pain in my foot before. I think these shoes are made for neutral/pronated feet as I have huge bruises on the balls of both of my feet.

I'm thinking that foot is landing in a way it is not used to as the shoe is not allowing me to "supinate" as I run.

I remember seeing some Tennis Magazine reviews that show the recommended foot type for each shoe - and thought that it used to be on the TW reviews - but I haven't been able to find any for this shoe... :-(

I would think that this information is kind of important, no?

mctennis
07-09-2007, 09:22 PM
I liked the older TENNIS magazine descriptions of shoes and racquets a lot better than what they throw together at present. It use to be a big help to get those issues. Now it seems they just cut and paste the information that is listed on the shoe and racquet sites into their magazine. They really aren't any help at all.