PDA

View Full Version : Adidas Barricade II

[K]aotic
07-05-2007, 12:59 AM
How are these kicks? they look interesting.

officerdibble
07-05-2007, 02:09 AM
IMO they are the best tennis shoes. Of course, the caveat is how they fit your feet. Nike could make shoes that made me move three times faster around the court and I still wouldn't buy them because no pair of Nike trainers has EVER fitted me! The adidas BIIs are like gloves though, or perhaps I mean socks!

I've recently bought some BIVs to try, the description of the IIIs never appealed particularly (I believe they changed the fit slightly), but I've tried them on, not played in them.

It's no surprise to me that several tour players still use the BIIs.

tomzo22
07-05-2007, 06:30 AM
I found them to be very good though here in the UK, they cost 84 so i got the adidas tirand II instead. Almost exactly the same for half the price (45), so I'd recommend the tirand instead

tomzo22
07-05-2007, 06:47 AM
Ops, sorry, didnt see you were talking about the II, the tirads are more similar of the III or the IV

oscar_2424
07-05-2007, 08:05 AM
aotic;1564864']How are these kicks? they look interesting.
one of the best tennis shoes ever made.

jami25
07-05-2007, 08:45 AM
there great shoes. they hug my feet good and feel great

bad_call
07-05-2007, 11:25 AM
hug my foot but gave me black toe. too bad i liked those. 1/2 size bigger were too floppy so found a different mfg whose shoe has a wider toe box. now toes are happier. :)

spindoctor020
07-12-2007, 07:29 AM
this shoe fit the bottom half of my foot but the toe area was too much. It had a lot of room vertically and felt like my toe had a room. This shoe was way better than the Barricade IV's because that was my shoe before the II's but they were too heavy and you definately could never use the IV's on clay, but ya durability was great. the II's also got really hot when I started to move my feet which made me not want to move my feet haha. So, now I love how light shoes are munuverable so I just ordered the CC Feather III's and see how those feel and I hope they don't have bad durability like my pro said the Clima Cools had.

Capt. Willie
07-12-2007, 10:37 AM
aotic;1564864']How are these kicks? they look interesting.
Have you been living in a cave? :razz: But seriously, they are, in my opinion, the best all-around tennis shoes ever made. Better than the III or IV.

Urza187
07-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Best shoes IMO. Better than the barricade 4's. I like more a "track" shoe feel rather than a heavier feel. I like being mobile. I would DEFINITELY not wear these shoes outside of tennis, since they aren't that comfortable. They are fine for comfort while playing tennis though.

ChipNCharge
07-12-2007, 11:37 AM
...but gave me black toe.

The Barricade IIs gave me black toe as well....but just on my left foot, for some reason.

anthony_samson
07-15-2007, 09:34 AM
When try to retrieve a drop shot sometimes my feet slip forward within the shoe which causes severe pain as it crushes my toes (literally). Movement with the shoe elsewhere is fine but this pain lasted for a whole day after the match. I looked closely at my feet and my toe nails had been pushed quite vigorously into my toes. You can imagine how that feels but there was no blood. Would a smaller shoe help.

I wear Adidas barricade 2 just to let you guys know.