Marius_Hancu
07-05-2007, 10:17 AM
------------
MIKHAIL YOUZHNY: Yeah, I know. Problems, big disbalance between left
side and right side in my back. When I play a lot, it's disbalance
more and more and I start to feel pain.

Actually I need time for come back my body to right position, but I
don't have this time because, you know, ATP have such a good calendar
for us he have very not too many mandatory tournaments, just 13.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2007-07-05/200707051183647427828.html
---------

ubel
07-05-2007, 11:34 AM
What exercises can we do to keep our core balanced? Like , preventing any imbalances that can be had in the back from serving a lot.

chess9
07-05-2007, 02:07 PM
One arm rows.

Lat cable pulldowns.

Seated rows.

Rotator cuff work.

Floor Sweepers. Captain's chair. Crunches.

Obliques should be worked as well with twisting crunches or twisting Captain's chairs, or hanging knee raises with a twist.

Just a few ideas.

-Robert

Ano
07-05-2007, 06:48 PM
What exercises can we do to keep our core balanced? Like , preventing any imbalances that can be had in the back from serving a lot.

Do every categories of movement for core training.

I subdivide my core training into six categories of movement:

Trunk Flexion: pulldown abs, crunch variations

Trunk Rotation: cable woodchops, Russian twists, reverse trunk twists

Lateral Flexion: sidebend variations, lying side-raises

Stabilization: prone and side bridges, unilateral training, any overhead work

Hip Flexion: hanging leg raises (These exercise isn't used as frequently, especially in those with hip flexor tightness.)

Lumbar Extension: back extensions, reverse hypers.

As for preventing imbalances in the back from serving, I always wonder why so many coaches love to get bench-happy with any overhead activity athletes.

Perhaps that focus would be better directed at the real prime movers (humeral extensors), stabilizers (rotator cuff and scapular retractors), and decelerators (external rotators, scapular retractors and depressors, elbow flexors and core musculature).

That means you should do rows (elbow in and elbow out), bent over lateral raises, and external rotational exercises and dumbell curls.

armand
07-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Actually I need time for come back my body to right position, but I don't have this time because, you know, ATP have such a good calendar for us he have very not too many mandatory tournaments, just 13.Was that sarcasm?

chess9
07-06-2007, 07:21 AM
Was that sarcasm?

He's speaking a third language. Or, he's related to Casey Stengal. :)

-Robert

AAAA
07-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Relating this topic to the 'loose weights vs. machine' debate, certain muscle imbalances between the left and right side are more easily 'fixed' using loose/free weights.

One arm dumbbell lat raises can certainly be done to ensure both lats are worked equally whereas using any lat pull down machine there is a natural tendency for the stronger side to push or pull harder thereby increasing the muscle imbalance.