PDA

View Full Version : Yonex Players

Lindsay
07-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Just wondering which racquets current Yonex players really use. Many here speculate that Hewitt, Hingis, Nalbandian, and Vaidisova use other racquets than what they endorse. How can you tell? Yonexs all look relatively the same. Thanks in advance.

Vitaly Evchenkov
07-05-2007, 11:58 AM
how can you tell from pictures...

it isn't easy. but since Hewitt has openly said that he hasn't changed racquets in 10 years and has been using the SRD Tour 90 in a story on paintjobs. (although Hewitt does say he likes/uses the RDX/RDS in marketing campaigns..)

and the fairly common trend that pros do not switch frames once they get used to something, unless they are signing a contract for lots of money to use something else... and even that doesn't always work if they can't find a frame that plays almost exactly the same.. (BLAKE, FERRERO, etc...)

Anyway, most pros, including Yonex using pros, are using older frames with paintjobs to look like current models.

You can choose not to believe this but if you search the messageboards, you will see that almost all pros have practiced with the same frames for 5-10 years and aren't about to switch just because the manufacturer comes out with a new color or new "technology".

Lindsay
07-05-2007, 03:27 PM
I do believe that almost all pros use other racquets than they endorse. I just didn't know how some people could say "Hewitt uses such and such" because all of Yonexes frames look alike in construction. For example, you can tell a player isn't using an n Blade if it has the PWS system.

Vitaly Evchenkov
07-05-2007, 03:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1872892&type=story

BigBUBBA
07-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Hingis uses the RQS 11 as she endoreses it, I don't think it is a paintjob! Maybe some customization, probabaly...

Mad iX
07-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Hingis uses the RQS 11 as she endoreses it, I don't think it is a paintjob! Maybe some customization, probabaly...

She has a new frame and custom pj ...