PDA

View Full Version : Someone give me an idea of how long will a pair of tennis shoes last?

lidation
07-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Someone give me an idea of how long will a pair of tennis shoes last.

I bought a pair of Ellesse Vita tennis shoes for $34 a months back. They play fine except that they are horribly ugly looking. I just wonder how soon can I wear out this pair so that I can buy a pair of Barricade IV. My current Ellesse only has very little wear after 20 hours of wear time. It looks like they will last forever. :-(

Usually how long does your pair of tennis shoes last, in terms of hours?

goosala
07-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Let's see. If you play three times a week at 2 hours each then that's six hours a week making it 24 hours a month. I would say those shoes might last you four months.

jonline
07-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Playing five days a week with a pair of Nikes with a durability guarantee will probably last me...just OVER the 6 month mark lol. Go figure.

JesseT
07-16-2007, 06:28 PM
I probably get about 120-150 hours before I'm getting rocks in my shoe through the bottom.

It totally depends on a lot of things though.

I weigh 180#
I move A LOT
I cut A LOT
I play hardcourts in hot Georgia weather

I don't expect my shoes to last a long time. Unfortunately, they do wind up lasting through the warranty periods. Guess I need to play more

es-0
07-16-2007, 07:32 PM
I guess I'm just hard on my shoes... I weigh 160lbs and I went through my Barricade IV's in about.... 3-4 months. I tore through the toe of the left shoe and the tread was near bare in most places.

jonline
07-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Playing five days a week with a pair of Nikes with a durability guarantee will probably last me...just OVER the 6 month mark lol. Go figure.

I take that back. Wore a hole in the toe, BUT I don't know where the receipt is!!! :mad:

SoBad
07-16-2007, 07:36 PM
I guess I'm just hard on my shoes... I weigh 160lbs and I went through my Barricade IV's in about.... 3-4 months. I tore through the toe of the left shoe and the tread was near bare in most places.

Why didn't you send them in for a replacement pair sooner?