PDA

View Full Version : Stringing data record (Software?)

RonnieCorny
10-07-2004, 01:42 AM
what data is relevant for recording stringing jobs?

I keep records on a spring-bound notebook with: user, date, racquet model and size, string type and gauge, tension of both mains and crosses and the length of string used (mains and crosses or total length and short-side length). are there other data relevant?

does anyone know of a database software designed for this purpose?

thanks.

rgds,

- ron

rich s
10-07-2004, 03:22 AM
microsoft excel or access

Ken Sachar
10-07-2004, 04:07 AM
RonnieCorny

I also keep track of the length of the leftover mains and crosses. This is useful if you are trying to squeeze out one more racquet with a short piece of string.

Ken

RonnieCorny
10-07-2004, 06:07 AM
yeah, i do that too... but i just adjust accordingly when i do the same model next time...

i try to eke out the most out of a reel... and i get at least 19 sticks out of a 660' reel...and i sometimes even get 20 and 1/2 sticks out of it...

SW Stringer
10-07-2004, 08:27 AM
RonnieCorny asks: I keep records on a spring-bound notebook with: user, date, racquet model and size, string type and gauge, tension of both mains and crosses and the length of string used (mains and crosses or total length and short-side length). are there other data relevant?

Besides the already good responses you received, I also record the string bed frequency as the racket comes off the machine, racket weight (grams), swingweight, stringbed frequency 24 hours later if I still have the racket, Price charged for service, and in the miscellaneous notes other services are entered - ie regrip etc. It's also informational to etch a unique number on the buttcap for customers who have multiple identical frames. I use Excel and Access, but any spreadsheat software is just as good - Lotus123, Quattro Pro, etc.

topspin
10-07-2004, 01:04 PM
I just keep all that in a Quattro Pro file. I hate Excel :P

Marc C.
10-07-2004, 02:05 PM
I use excel, it also calculates the price paid for the stringing minus cost of string for all my customers.

kreative
10-08-2004, 04:19 PM
i think excel would work fine.

Steve Huff
10-08-2004, 04:25 PM
I also use Excel. Columns for NAME, DATE, RACKET, STRING, TENSION OF MAINS, TENSION OF CROSS, PRICE, OTHER (grips, a reason I may have reduced the price, or comments made by the player).

andtapes
10-09-2004, 02:42 AM
I use the Software STRINGING PRO and it works very well.
it has string reports, clients reports, clients database and a lot of things.

http://www.dolphinsoftware.bc.ca/software/stringer/