PDA

View Full Version : clay court shoes/hard court shoes

rosenstar
07-05-2007, 03:16 PM
I just went through a pair of shoes in six days. I'm currently using the prince vipor IV. I play heavily on both hard courts and clay (har-tru) courts. I was wondering if having a different pair of shoes for each surface would help to reduce wear. Do you guys have different pairs for different surfaces? if so, do you have two completely different models, or just two different pairs of the same model? At the rate I'm going, I'm wasting a lot of money on shoes, so any thoughts would be very welcome.

jonline
07-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Well, if you're playing on both kinds of courts equally, I'd say that it would be best just to get two pair. I don't get to play on clay, but if I did, I'd get Adidas Feather II's. From my understanding, wearing clay shoes on hard courts can wear them out extremely quickly (due to the softness of the outsole). For hard courts, I play with Nike Breathe Free II's. They are great all around. Good luck.

jonline
07-05-2007, 09:26 PM
P.S.--You'll be hard-pressed to wear out a pair of BFII's in six months! (Which is exactly why they come with a 6 month guarantee!)

rosenstar
07-06-2007, 04:50 AM
P.S.--You'll be hard-pressed to wear out a pair of BFII's in six months! (Which is exactly why they come with a 6 month guarantee!)

haha I bet I could do it. the outsole ussually last atleast 2 months, but the leather on the shoe tears. I tend to slide on hard courts, and this tears up the leather on the inside toe of every shoe. it tears in the same place every time.