PDA

View Full Version : Nike or Adidas for tennis shoes

UW_Husky88
07-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Hey,

Just out of curiosity, do you like Nike or Adidas better for tennis shoes only. No comments about Nike Basketball being better (really there's no competition there ;) ) or about nike clothes, but only tennis shoes, and why if possible.

My two cents: I personally like Nike a lot better style-wise. I find the barricades to be a bit ugly, but also, nike dares to be bold, and thus, it seems more progressive, while adidas seems to just go with a safe, classic design (which some people may prefer).

The only thing is Nike's durability is terrible for some shoes. I have Breathe Free 3s that last forever, but I've heard that the new vapors are terrible in durability (btw, if you have them, how are they? I really want to try them), but what are your thoughts considering all aspects?

jonline
07-05-2007, 09:19 PM
I am a loyal Breathe Free II wearer, and I definitely think they are top-notch. Super durable, great stability, breathable, and light! I know that the Cages are very similar, but I have not tried them yet. But, for a stylish shoe that you know will last, go for Nike (BFII's being the best, of course!). Good luck.

P.S. Many LOVE the Barricades, and I think they are a good shoe. But, the BFII's are light and offer the same durability, with added breathability. Personally, any shoe over a pound is too much--a compromise of speed and potential to change direction.

carrwash13
07-05-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm a super fan of the BF II and Cages by Nike

johnv_pr
07-07-2007, 02:14 PM
BF IIs rock!