PDA

View Full Version : hich Shoes should I wear on Clay? I have

TREX
07-06-2007, 06:12 AM
some Barricade IV's that are almost worn out that I use for Hardcourt, Relatively new Barricade III's and only twice worn Reebok Match day pumps.

We are headed for sectionals in Mobile AL this month and the matches will be on clay.

Which of theses show are best? We hardly ever play Clay in our matches and State was all hardcourts

TW Staff
07-06-2007, 10:54 AM
I would recommend using either of the newer pairs. You want plenty of tread on the outsole so it can dig into the lay and offer grip. If your BIVs are wearing smooth, you'll never get enough traction in them to push off quickly.

The BIIIs have a more aggressive tread pattern and will probably work best. Wear them around some and get them broken-in before you go.

Chris, TW

TREX
07-09-2007, 07:20 PM
What you said seems to be true. I already have the III's broken in as I wear them casual some. When you are 6' 6" and weigh 250 "breaking in" isnt hard
Ifelt a little quicker with the III's. I thought the tread design would be the same? I notice you didnt say anything about the Reebok's??? Could it have to do with the fact that they are heavy as lead?