PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on a good pair

inquisitive
07-06-2007, 10:31 AM
of tennis shoes that are reasonably priced and comfortable. If you have experience with a particular type of shoe and make, please let me know. Thanks.

p.s: It doesn't have to be all white either. Thanks.

jonline
07-06-2007, 05:06 PM
What's your price range and/or desired color(s)? Any preference on brand?

inquisitive
07-06-2007, 05:12 PM
No preference on brand. I just know about the more popular names like Adidas and Nike, but would consider other brands from people who actually have experience with their tennis shoes. My price range is between $50-100. Thanks.

p.s: if u can also email me online sites that you have good experience as a customer since they don't allow ads or promoting other sites here in the forum. Thanks again.

jonline
07-07-2007, 12:18 AM
If you're willing to go around the $100 range, I'd definitely say to go with either Nike Breathe Free II's or Adidas Barricades. I haven't tried the Barricades, but I have heard great things about them. Definitely a solid performer for a lot of people. For something a little lighter, with more breathability and the same amount of durability and stability, I'd go for BFII's. I wear these and they are fun to put on every time. You feel light on your feet and strapped in and ready to go. Extremely comfortable as well. As for other offerings, K-Swiss has some nice choices in the 50-90 range. I had some decent Wilsons from Big 5 a few months back. They were comfortable, but durability wasn't too great. Somehow, a hole appeared in the upper within about 3 months. Also, if you have anywhere nearby that sells some good court shoes, I would definitely recommend trying a few pairs on before you buy because shoes fit differently for everyone. As for me, I'll stick with Breathe Free II's. Hope this helps.

inquisitive
07-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Ok, thanks. I just got home from the Sports Authority(formerly Oshmans) store and they didn't have any Adidas Barricades. No II, III, or IV. Weird, yet the Sports Authority website seems to have some. Also, Academy didn't have any either. I guess these retail stores don't have the high end stuff.