PDA

View Full Version : Babolat vs Wilson

127mph
07-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Its six slams and counting where the mens slam finals are wilson vs babolat in the finals, not to mention wilson vs babolat in the wimbledon final 4 years in a row. of course its because federer is in every slam, but babolat has a good mix of top players.

quest01
07-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Ill take a Wilson over a Babolat racket.

Alex132
07-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Wilson is classy :P, Babolat is rookie stuff :lol:.

Duzza
07-09-2007, 12:45 AM
And you know who wins? HEAD.

slice bh compliment
07-09-2007, 01:00 AM
I remember a Wilson and a Babolat in a Grand Slam final over ten years ago, back when Babolat was known as the people who made the best gut.

Anyone got the answer?

Anyway, I see Wilson as a huge, diverse marketing company with two good frames that change paint every two years. I see Babolat as something similar, but they are able to cash in on the European look and a very modern feel to the 'player's frame'. It's like they have deliberately avoided making a player's frame, because they feel that genre is beginning to dwindle, even at the tour level.

If I used Wilson, it would be a Pro Staff 90 or whatever it is RF uses...I also like the 95 version a lot, which has been around since the early nineties. You can really get some pop the ball with those, and they have a good feel. Stiff for my tastes, but very solid, which cannot be said about most of the crap that's on shelves today.

I feel a heavier, more flexible version of whatever Rafa Nadal uses (which is probably heavier than stock) is a real weapon. Baghdatis' Fischer, too. Probably the future of tennis right there. As I get older, I think I may have to embrace something like those....or the forthcoming line of Storms from Babolat. The Ks, nBlades, surges and nPros just do not do anything for me.

Maybe people feel Wilson is 'classy' because of Federer and Sampras. Edberg and Courier. Henman (early years).

I see Dunlop/Slazenger and Volkl as 'classy'. I see Fischer and Tecnifibre as the hippest brands right now.

TheKingOfClay
07-12-2007, 07:29 AM
so out of Federer and Nadal's racquet, if you had a choice, which one would you buy first? and does a 90 sized racquet actually play that much differently than a 100???
thaks!!!

quest01
07-12-2007, 09:02 AM
so out of Federer and Nadal's racquet, if you had a choice, which one would you buy first? and does a 90 sized racquet actually play that much differently than a 100???
thaks!!!

Personally i would probably buy Nadals racket first. Federer's racket is very demanding and is recommended for 5.0+ players. A 90 sq in racket has more control but considerably less power while a 100 has much more power but a decent amount of control. I think of a 100 inch racket as more of a blend of power and control.

Forehand Forever
07-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Federer's racquet is too stiff. I'd go with the APDC

Aeropro master
07-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Definetly the APDC!

harperselitebuiltfortough
07-12-2007, 09:08 AM
i think its all personal opinions, you cant say oh, federer uses wilson so its a better raquet company!

TheKingOfClay
07-12-2007, 09:17 AM
I am definately leaning on the Babolat...:)

feyya
07-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Personally i would probably buy Nadals racket first. Federer's racket is very demanding and is recommended for 5.0+ players. A 90 sq in racket has more control but considerably less power while a 100 has much more power but a decent amount of control. I think of a 100 inch racket as more of a blend of power and control.

that just shows your level of play

TheKingOfClay
07-12-2007, 09:31 AM
I am not even close to being a 5.0... so I will stay far away from the k-factor...

DonBot
07-12-2007, 10:25 AM
As much as I have loved Babolat products over the last couple of years, I have yet to find one of their racquets that does not give me serious forearm pain. Something I never had with the ps 85 or k90. I also wish Babolat would make heavier (in the 12-12.3ish) weight racquets. I think there stuff is too light and I hate adding forty layers of lead to make it playable.

TheKingOfClay
07-12-2007, 10:26 AM
good to know that... so I wonder of the Aeropro drive cortex is ok on the weight side... hmmm I will look into it...
thanks!!!

schadenfreude
07-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Wilson is, simply put, a boring company. Babolat is a much more exciting company with the ability to become "the it brand" in Tennis, if they haven't ever been before, which they may have been in 2001. Before Babolat I liked Head.

The only Wilson racquet I like is the KZen. I like Dunlap sticks better then most of Wilson's stuff.

Babolat is the best.

TheKingOfClay
07-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Babolat for me!!!

127mph
07-12-2007, 05:11 PM

use looser strings

Alex132
07-12-2007, 05:15 PM
ill make APD Cortex over the K90s...like someone said its a lot more demanding, its gonna suit you if your like uber pro...

Wilson does have tons of racquets for any kind of game, haven't played with many of those Babolats.

Morrissey
07-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Both Babolat and Wilson make great frames. They also share the same grips as well. Much better than those Head grips. I would pick out the Aeropro Drive Cortex and Pro Staff 6.1 K Factor (10.2 ounce version) are the two best frame from both companies, at least for me. I know everyone has their thing, those are mine. I like 'em light for customization. Now to answer the question, I'll take the Babolat 9 out of 10 times. Easier to hit with pace and spin, it's like a drug their racquets.

AndrewD
07-12-2007, 10:43 PM
I remember a Wilson and a Babolat in a Grand Slam final over ten years ago, back when Babolat was known as the people who made the best gut.
Anyone got the answer?

1998 French Open: Carlos Moya (Babolat) vs Alex Corretja (Wilson) ?

Excellent summation of the Wilson line, Slice.

slice bh compliment
07-12-2007, 10:48 PM
1998 French Open: Carlos Moya (Babolat) vs Alex Corretja (Wilson) ?

Excellent summation of the Wilson line, Slice.

Thanks.
Actually that RG final may have been two Babolats?

I was actually thinking of Pete over a very young Moya at the '97 Oz Open final.

Noveson
07-12-2007, 11:09 PM
that just shows your level of play

Oh and I supposed you are a 5.0:rolleyes:

yourmom08
07-13-2007, 12:05 PM
was playing last night with my PD and broke a string, borrowed a friends nTour and hit very well with it, didn't have to change my swing in any way, was leery of the 5 inches smaller head, but not a problem, my point is, both wilson and babolat make great racquets, there are great arguements for both

Frenchie
07-13-2007, 12:14 PM
The 1997 AO Final between Sampras and Moya is the first Grand Slam meeting between Babolat and Wilson racquets I can remember. Wilsons are about control, Babolats are about spin and power.

harperselitebuiltfortough
07-13-2007, 01:22 PM
i personally like babolat better, but its all opinion on what type of player you are and what you like

goosala
07-13-2007, 04:00 PM
It's amazing how much market share Bab has gotten in the past 10 years. Ten years ago when I first saw Carlos Moya play with his frame I did not know what brand it was.

slice bh compliment
07-13-2007, 04:14 PM
The 1997 AO Final between Sampras and Moya is the first Grand Slam meeting between Babolat and Wilson racquets I can remember. ....

Got it. Yes, that is what I was going for.

As for the rest of the post......myyyyyehhhh. A little general there, but I'll buy it if you mean Wilson Pro Staffs and Pure Drives.

Bubba
07-14-2007, 01:01 AM
thaks!!!

What planet are you from?! Huge difference between 90 and 100 frames... sweetspot size, twist/torque...

azz4tennis
07-14-2007, 10:05 AM
wilson more control

babolat more power less control

wilson 4 me !

cmatt428
07-14-2007, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE=I see Fischer and Tecnifibre as the hippest brands right now.[/QUOTE]
Haha, I play with a TF and no one I play with has ever heard of it. One of them even jokingly accused me of using a "ghetto" racket.
"What racket do you use"
"A tecnifibre"
"Oh what company makes that"
"Tecnifibre is the company"
"...who?"

I would definately go with wilson, more finesse and control, less baseline banging. Just don't like the feel of babolats, why I switched to Tecnifibre. However they seem to be extremely popular, you definately can't play a high school match without seeing at least one PD and one APD.

LouieR93
07-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Between both of the brands, I personally would go with Wilson. Most top players in present and history have been with Wilson. Pete Sampras, Justine Henin, Roger Federer, Lindsay Davenport, Ana Ivanovic, etc... I would choose Babolat over Wilson only for shoes.

baseliner87
07-15-2007, 03:45 AM
is it true that wilson get their gut from BaBolat?
i think i heard it somewere but it could be B*llshit.

KingOfTennis
07-15-2007, 04:57 AM
deffinately Wilson. but i do admit babolat is getting there.

diggler
07-15-2007, 06:19 AM
I always buy Wilson but this is purely an emotional attachment. I'm sure all these rackets are made in the same factory in China.

a guy
07-15-2007, 07:01 AM
One reason I don't use wilson is because 90% of the people I see at the courts are using wilson in one form or another.

Yonex for me...

A.T.S.
07-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Babolat For The Win!!!!

gdsballer
07-15-2007, 08:33 AM
all of you are simply ridiculous...the best racket ever made is not by wilson or babolat or head or prince or even dunlop...it's the 137 sq inch gamma big bubba...duhhh

actually i play with a babolat apd+ and its serves me quite well, played with a pd+ before that so i definteily take babolat

Jonny S&V
07-15-2007, 10:47 AM
You all are mistaken. Dunlop is the greatest racquet brand of all time. DUH!!! Granted they make a few mistakes in the manufacturing process, but they still have the most feel of any racquet (Although I am thinking of switching to a Head Prestige. Any suggestions as to which one is the best?).

slice bh compliment
07-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Haha, I play with a TF and no one I play with has ever heard of it. One of them even jokingly accused me of using a "ghetto" racket.
"What racket do you use"
"A tecnifibre"
"Oh what company makes that"
"Tecnifibre is the company"
"...who?"

I would definately go with wilson, more finesse and control, less baseline banging. Just don't like the feel of babolats, why I switched to Tecnifibre. However they seem to be extremely popular, you definately can't play a high school match without seeing at least one PD and one APD.

Funny story.

You're just talking about the Pro Staff, right?
Re: baseline banging....I'm afraid that's got more to do with the actual player. If your frame of reference is Federer and Roddick, you are right, though. But y'know, thousands of Wilsons are in the hands of baseline bashers.
BTW, Rod Laver uses a Babolat.

quest01
07-15-2007, 06:40 PM
I like the Head sizes more with the Babolat rackets. I prefer using a 100 inch square size head over a 90 or 95 personally. I havent tried the k fed 90 but i have tried in the past the ncode 90 tour and that racket in all honesty made my game decrease dramatically. The racket has a tiny sweetspot and is relatively heavy compared to the Babolats. I like Wilsons tradition but if i was going to use a racket to improve my game i would go with Babolat.

127mph
07-15-2007, 11:15 PM
ill just say this, if you want the ball to go on the line, use a wilson

tennis_hand
07-16-2007, 12:28 AM
i don't know. but i will never use a Babolat racket. It has image problems with me.

I am using a Wilson. I can also change to Prince, Dunlop, Yonex, or TechniFibre. Not Head, because of its dense patters and handle shape. Babolat is a never.

Just preference. I think Wilson has some talents to spot talents. Djokovic is the upcoming best player, and he is using a Wilson. But Wilson didn't sign Gasquet who has a 1HBH.

h7hugo
07-16-2007, 12:06 PM
wilson is the best!!

Bodacious DVT
07-16-2007, 12:15 PM
i prefer wilson. im switching racquets soon and ive demoed both. i just like the look and feel of the ncodes over babolat. babolat sorta feels like my old clunky prince racquet i used when i was 6.

samrocksmyshire
07-19-2007, 02:20 AM
all of you are simply ridiculous...the best racket ever made is not by wilson or babolat or head or prince or even dunlop...it's the 137 sq inch gamma big bubba...duhhh

oh, duhh! need to get one of those bad boys.

i actually have an AeroPro, K90, and the nCode 95. I love Federer, but i play better with the Babolat. the K90 is definitely more demanding, and so i don't typically use it.

so, between the nCode 95 and the Babolat, i prefer the Babolat with some added weight. Although i would definitely be all over a heavier 95 APD.

Wawa
07-19-2007, 03:56 AM
i will choose babolat

DonBot
07-19-2007, 07:50 PM
oh, duhh! need to get one of those bad boys.

i actually have an AeroPro, K90, and the nCode 95. I love Federer, but i play better with the Babolat. the K90 is definitely more demanding, and so i don't typically use it.

so, between the nCode 95 and the Babolat, i prefer the Babolat with some added weight. Although i would definitely be all over a heavier 95 APD.

do you have any problem switching between those sticks? just playing a little with the pdr or the aerorpro drive will take me a day or two to get back in the groov with the k90. To tell the truth I think the lighter racquets just make me lazy :)

lilxjohnyy
07-19-2007, 08:09 PM
i like wilson for control but i also like bab for power of serves

Kingbipa
07-19-2007, 11:17 PM
To each his or her own. I don't think either Wilson or Babolat is "better" than the other. They just have different characteristics. I do think that the K90 and its predecessor Pro Staff racquets are geared for control and finesse. And this is exactly why so many great champions have used Wilson racquets. Not because Wilson racquets are better, but because these players were able to generate their own power while benefiting from the control that Wilson racquets provided. In other words, you cannot be a "pretender" to play with a PS 85, that's for sure, or a PS 90 or Ncode 90 or K90 for that matter. In that sense, one can even argue that Babolat makes the better racquet because it enables lesser players to achieve more by adding more power or spin to their game. At the end of the day though, it's the player that makes the difference, not the racquet.

goosala
07-20-2007, 01:12 PM
The K-Mart Macgregor racquets rule. Just kidding.

gerikoh
07-22-2007, 09:17 AM
hey i've used federer's racquet and my gameplay really boosted up. :)

Rpp
07-22-2007, 09:21 AM
I guess most of the ATP pros use Head...so it is not just Babolat and Wilson.

master935
07-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Champions choose wilson.

Noveson
07-22-2007, 11:05 PM

That has to be one of the dumber comments I've heard. First of all the stiffness of Babolats mean they have good directional control, some people say that Woofer grommets do away with it, but I don't think so. Mostly though I'm pretty sure I can hit the line with any racquet;)

slice bh compliment
07-23-2007, 10:23 PM
So guys, interesting if Fish and Roddick were loggin in here reading this. One of the shots at the top of the ATP site's front page has the two of them playing dubs...in a good win over a good team in Indy. They are pictured using a Wilson and a Babolat.

Mardy must have switched from Dunlop/Slaz recently? He seems like a Wilson guy anyway.

Oh, and all the respek Wilson's getting here...it's thanks to the Pro Staff and its descendents. The other 90% of their sticks are 10x everything a Babolat hater says about a Pure Drive.

tennis_hand
07-23-2007, 10:34 PM
I feel Wilson nowadays is just supported by the 90 series used by Fed.
Without it, Wilson wouldn't be much popular. In the league of 98-100 si rackets, Head and Babolat dominate. N95 once was dominating, but with the K95, it is losing. K95 hasn't proved to be popular at all.

And this trend is doomed to be over once Fed passed his prime. Djokovic uses a 98 inch. So I can foresee Wilson is going towards 98 as well.

127mph
07-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Champions choose wilson.

yea a wilson racquet has won a grandslam title every year for like 29 years

lilxjohnyy
07-24-2007, 06:02 PM
i use k95 and pure drive so i like both

10nisDude~
07-24-2007, 06:28 PM
I've used the Babolat racquets after switchin from wilson personal i like the feel of Babolat...but w/e ur guys opinion...

Haruimi
04-01-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm both, All Wilson and Babolat and only both. The cortex system is amazing o.o

But let's face it, Wilson gives you options, lots and lots of options

(k95 and PD /w C fan and even Drive Z-lite when im feeling super super lazy lol here)

ClubHoUno
04-02-2008, 11:48 AM
I feel Wilson nowadays is just supported by the 90 series used by Fed.
Without it, Wilson wouldn't be much popular. In the league of 98-100 si rackets, Head and Babolat dominate. N95 once was dominating, but with the K95, it is losing. K95 hasn't proved to be popular at all.

And this trend is doomed to be over once Fed passed his prime. Djokovic uses a 98 inch. So I can foresee Wilson is going towards 98 as well.

Sorry, but Djokovic is using a 93 SQ" K Blade Tour from Wilson, my friend :twisted:

RogerFedererSucks
04-03-2008, 08:52 AM
I think that Prince is the best raquet company. Prince O3 Speedport Black all the way.

roddick89
04-03-2008, 09:05 AM
They're both very good, but if i was given a choice between a Babolat or Wilson racquet sponsorship, i would choose Babolat, only becuase i have used Babolat alot in the past with the Pure Drive Team with and without Cortex, Aero Pro Drive and they're all great for different things. I have never used a K Factor racquet but i won't ever have to becuase i have found the ultimate brand, Vantage!

Rafael_Nadal_6257
04-06-2008, 05:56 PM
How is your vantage racket? Pros and cons??

fastswingVD
04-06-2008, 06:10 PM
babolat!!!!
i switched from wilson to babolat
i had Nsix one 95, npro open X, Ksix one 95
used to have pure drive plus and pure drive roddick plus
now im using pure control plus and pure storm tour plus

supermario343
04-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Wilson all the way as i use the KFactor Tour 90 :)

slice bh compliment
04-07-2008, 05:38 AM
Okay, so we're obviously comparing Pure Drives to Pro Staffs (which is sort of apples and oranges), but I'll bite:

The lines in this thread/friendly rivalry will be blurred in a few weeks when the Pure Storm Limited comes out.

95 head (new for Babolat, sounds like a Wilson or a Dunlop)
square grip shape (Babolat and Wilson...something in common),
19mm beam (uncharted territory for Babolat, very Volkl-ish),
18 mains (Head/Dunlopesque as well as Wilsonian),
Leather grip (very Pro Staffish there, at least for this decade),
Woofer system (c'est vrai, merci bien!)

If the racquet described above were a Wilson, or ANY other brand, I'd buy a pair at least.

Well, hope you cats end up somehow settling your debate.

0d1n
04-07-2008, 05:50 AM

And I'll say this...if you want the ball to go on the line, learn how to hit it properly !

Edit.
I find it funny that we generalize like we do when talking about two racket COMPANIES. Let's talk about specific models if we want to be even remotely accurate in our own subjectiveness (boy what a complicated word ;) ).
By the way ... I'll take at least 3 other companies before the ones in this topic any day ... for multiple reasons (that's not to say they don't make SOME good rackets).

0d1n
04-07-2008, 05:56 AM
I think that Prince is the best raquet company. Prince O3 Speedport Black all the way.

Your stupid nickname pretty much "says it all" when it comes to how informed and relevant your opinions are.

slice bh compliment
04-07-2008, 06:41 AM
...I find it funny that we generalize like we do when talking about two racket COMPANIES. Let's talk about specific models if we want to be even remotely accurate in our own subjectiveness (boy what a complicated word ;) ).
By the way ... I'll take at least 3 other companies before the ones in this topic any day ... for multiple reasons (that's not to say they don't make SOME good rackets).

Well put. I tried to make that point earlier in the thread, but not as well as you just did.

Every company makes SOME good frames and some bad ones. ANd even the 'bad' ones are good for some segment of the market.

As I see it, this thread is silly. But at the same time, it tells a lot about people. And also a little bit about the ''branding'' of each manufacturer and how well it is working.

eric892
04-07-2008, 06:45 AM
Babolat PDR+ all the way!

Alexio92
04-07-2008, 10:18 AM
http://www.juniortennis.com/ajt/images/323.758114.jpg

Wow I never knew djokovic used to use prince and wear lotto :O

tzinc
04-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Babolat racquets are my favourites so far...

orangettecoleman
04-07-2008, 11:37 PM
neither. give me head any day... wait, that came out wrong.

Starwind
04-08-2008, 03:26 PM
In my opinion, Head's older racquets are the most comfortable racquets to play with ever. The feel from them was immense. However, my Pro Tour 280s have pretty much died and now I've switched to Wilson.

Babolat will never be an option for me though. Too light, no feel, and not really a player's frame.

fastswingVD
04-08-2008, 03:35 PM
wilson won

fastswingVD
04-08-2008, 03:35 PM
the number 1 and 3 use it
pete sampras too

hoodjem
04-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Check your posts.

If you can't spell, go with Babolat.

quest01
04-08-2008, 04:51 PM
If I was given a choice in which racquet company I would choose to sponsor and the choices were either Wilson or Babolat, I would choose Babolat in a heartbeat. I feel Babolat racquets have improved my game in terms of my consistency from the baseline. I feel Wilson racquets for instance the K Factor and K Blade line are more designed for an all court game or serve and volley style while Babolat racquets are for counter punchers and aggressive baseliners who need that extra power and spin to hit winners by people from the baseline.

deme08
04-08-2008, 04:56 PM
http://www.juniortennis.com/ajt/images/323.758114.jpg

Wow I never knew djokovic used to use prince and wear lotto :O

is that triple threat he was using?

slice bh compliment
04-08-2008, 04:59 PM
If I was given a choice in which racquet company I would choose to sponsor and the choices were either Wilson or Babolat, I would choose Babolat in a heartbeat. I feel Babolat racquets have improved my game in terms of my consistency from the baseline. I feel Wilson racquets for instance the K Factor and K Blade line are more designed for an all court game or serve and volley style while Babolat racquets are for counter punchers and aggressive baseliners who need that extra power and spin to hit winners by people from the baseline.

Generally, yeah, I guess I will buy that if you are referring to the Wilson players' frames and the Babolat PDs.

I just demo'd the new Pure Storm Ltd and it is as much as players' frame as any Pro Staff or Prestige ever made. It has more in common with a Puma Boris Becker than anything else....and it has the woofer system which is nice.

And there are plenty of WIlsons made with my grandmother in mind.

tenniscore
04-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Sorry, but I think Prince needs to be part of the conversation these days...

AndrewD
04-08-2008, 06:43 PM
I just demo'd the new Pure Storm Ltd and it is as much as players' frame as any Pro Staff or Prestige ever made. It has more in common with a Puma Boris Becker than anything else....and it has the woofer system which is nice.

Slice,

How did you go with PS Ltd? I tested one the other day and felt that, while it was an exceptionally good hit (didn't feel a Puma similarity but it's been a while since I hit one of those), it's just not for me these days. Since our tennis programme switched to Babolat I've settled in quite nicely with the PD Cortex Standard (a genuinely nice surprise) and don't think I could go back.

Funny you should mention the PS Ltd reminding you of a Puma because I'm finding the PDC reminds me quite a bit of the old Dunlop Revelation 95 (with ISIS handle) from the early 90's and the early days of the wide-body. Hefty brute, black with some green and purple highlights (very late 80's/early 90's colour scheme) to it, did everything exceptionally well and was a real favourite with players of all levels out here.

slice bh compliment
04-08-2008, 08:12 PM
AndrewD (and others),

The Storm Ltd is perfect for me. I feel lucky to have demo'd it and I will probably get a pair, and more if I don't end up with the Dunlop Aerogel 100 (90 head). I'm kind of a sv&volley/touch guy, with heavy spins off the groundstrokes. Coming from Volkl 10s and Becker 11s, this is a denser pattern on a small head, but I love the power. I really love the maneuverability. And the dense pattern does not bother me -- I hit with probably too much spin and I need the durability since I use gut mains.

I felt like Edberg at net with it even though the grip of this demo was a few sizes too small (size 3). I felt like Boris on BH and FH returns (also maybe the shape of the head had me thinking PUMA), and I felt like it was a little bit underpowered on serves (compared to a Pure Storm Tour or a Pure Control). Nothing a few grams of lead at 3 and 9 cannot remedy! I did hit a larger-than normal overhead with it.

I'm even in love w/the look of it: black with silver, white and kind of a copper-ish, rich yellow/mango color? The way they write Storm on it is cool, too.

Again, I am an old-school player, and there is no longer any need to view Babolat as a choice for bangers, noobs and baseliners. This is a purist's stick ... with some woofer system and a hip look to it.

When I get older and I feel I need some more power from the baseline, maybe I can look into a Wilson K95 or something. But until then, it's a nice thin Babolat or Dunlop...or maybe a VOlkl.

my 2 centavos

EDIT: and ANdrew, good call! That old Dunlop Rev 95 was popular, and so solid. I felt it was stiff and not quite touchy enough for me, but now, as I approach 40, I'm embracing a little more of that sweet stiffness, as it's good for my passes and returns....and my touch is still good around the net so I no longer feel addicted to a Max 200g or a VOlkl C 10.

Well, cheers, and glad you've found something good there. I bet you'll also like the AeroStorm and the AeroStorm Tour (both avec Cortex). And the Becker 11 light?

AndrewD
04-09-2008, 01:35 AM
Slice,

LOL, comfort certainly wasn't the Revelation(Super Revelation?)'s strong suit and I think where the PD manages to overcome that is in having a larger head size (100sq instead of 95sq) and utilising the Woofer grommets. Haven't tried the AeroStorm or the AeroStorm Tour. After testing the PD Cortex Standard (against the APD Cortex) I found everything that had been missing, for me, in the old PD+ Team so didn't bother to demo any further. Tried the Becker 11 Lite and hated it, something I don't say about many racquets.

I actually loved the colour scheme of the PS Ltd, far moreso than the new Pure Drive (preferred the Team cosmetics) but the PD is a better fit for my game and needs. Kind of odd given that I'm also a net-rusher who comes to net behind both serves in doubles, first only in singles (second ball sets up the approach) and utilises more touch than power.

[K]evinMoss
06-20-2008, 09:40 PM
that's why Baskin Robins makes 31 flavors...to each thier own.
Babolat, Wilson, Head, Prince etc. As long as it works for you
and you're comfortable with it and it you play well with it,
who cares. Just get in where ya fit in.

babonoodle
06-20-2008, 10:27 PM
i like them both alot!! lol
i like the k blade and aeropro cortex

2nd_Serve
06-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Well, I sort of find Babolat to be tweener rackets that give good combination of control power and spin.

Wilson, I don't know. THey just have rackets of all kind. I really like their players rackets though. Really nice.

And I personally like Wilson's tweeners better than Babolat's.

tzinc
06-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Babolats are the best racquets on the market - no matter what type of player you are they have racquets that will actually help you play better.

Lucky57
06-21-2008, 10:34 AM
can't really compare two brands cause each brand makes a lot of rackets for different players.
you can compare two specific rackets though.

TB45
06-21-2008, 10:36 AM
I like Babolat better!

Double Fault
06-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Wilson is, simply put, a boring company. Babolat is a much more exciting company with the ability to become "the it brand" in Tennis...

That's your winner right there.

AT92292
06-21-2008, 07:46 PM
DUNLOP (10 char)

TsongaEatingAPineappleLol
07-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Wilson, no competition. The traditional frame.

chief wiggum
07-14-2009, 11:01 PM

And the Babolat isn't? While the Wilson is stiff, the Babolat is even stiffer.

フェデラー
07-14-2009, 11:09 PM
ive tried wilson and babolat sticks and wilson by far is better. I used the kblade then the k six one 90, and prior to that it was the APDC, and the apdc is nowhere near as good as these. Then again im 5.0+ player now so these rackets benefit me more now than they would have in the past, but they helped me vastly improve my game.

drummerboy
07-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Well I thought once that I can handle PS 6.1 but then realized that I am only 4.0 player and bought Bab PD GT and never been happier. So my vote for now goes to Babolat just because of my level of play. But Wilson also makes superb sticks offcourse.

coloskier
07-16-2009, 01:35 PM

How many GS's has HEAD won in the past 5 years????????

Terr
08-19-2009, 07:40 AM
yea a wilson racquet has won a grandslam title every year for like 29 years

So what you're saying is that legends like Federer and Sampras have absolutely no skill and that the racquets are winning GS for them.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-19-2009, 07:47 AM
So what you're saying is that legends like Federer and Sampras have absolutely no skill and that the racquets are winning GS for them.
Imo Wilson has the best feelin frames around, they are huge in big tennis-countries, they are probably the richest racket-company and can pay their players better than the rest (Dunno why Djokevic switched from Wilson to Hed though)

dcwldcat
08-19-2009, 08:27 AM
As so many people have said, the two companies both make plenty of "good" racquets. It's all a matter of personal preference. I have demoed plenty of both. In my experience, regardless of which frame is best for my game, both companies' frames had much better feel than any of the Head racquets I tried.

There is also a huge difference in marketing. Bab doesn't make any "intro" racquets per se. They have their Y series and the z-lite, but they are still found only in tennis shops and more expensive than the cheapest wilsons. Wilson on the other hand has extremely low end models that you can buy in wal-mart. However, those are absolutely nothing like the good frames like the [K] series or n-codes. Wilson has a much broader product line and a more mass market appeal.

dincuss
08-19-2009, 08:33 AM
Imo Wilson has the best feelin frames around, they are huge in big tennis-countries, they are probably the richest racket-company and can pay their players better than the rest (Dunno why Djokevic switched from Wilson to Hed though)

Djokovic used to use a model of his old head under wilson paint.
But his switch to head was because of the $$$$

barry
08-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Djokovic used to use a model of his old head under wilson paint.
But his switch to head was because of the $$$$

And it has been downhill for him every since. Doubt he will be in the top 10 by the end of the year. He blames the racket change, I think he should dump Head and go back to Wilson, at least he was moving up in ranking.

http://www.zimbio.com/tennis/articles/2645/Racquet+Blame+Djokovic+Bad+Play

The_Question
08-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Babolats are the best racquets on the market - no matter what type of player you are they have racquets that will actually help you play better.

^^^
I LOLed at this...

slice bh compliment
08-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Preface: Babolat fan here...fan of their players frames, their shoes, strings and accessories.

I just got a few new hats by Babolat. Awesome. Class company. Quality throughout.

Wilson? 2 frames I'd use. The rest is pretty weak. Best overgrip ever, though. And I like the Federer bag with the Swiss cross from a yr or so ago.

jnd28
08-19-2009, 05:11 PM
The last Wilson Racket that I really liked was the Kramer pro staff. I have yet to find a modern Wilson that I like. Funny, I when I was playing with the pro staff, I really wanted to play with the Dunlop Maxply (lavers stick) but I would always go back to the pro staff.
THere are a lot of Volkls that I have played with and liked. I am now playing with the Babolat Pure Storm Tour. Nice combination of pop and feel.

JND28

yung goon
08-19-2009, 07:46 PM
soderling uses head...

Tigerballs
10-09-2009, 01:07 AM
First, Wilson and Babolat do not have the same shape grips! Wilson is longer on the sides like Head. Babolat is more rounded like Prince. Wilson is a huge company that makes a few great high end and cheap low end sticks...and many in the middle. Babolat seems concentrate on only quality models...and they all look pretty cool. Wilson's red,white, black colors are so dated and boring! The flat paint and imperfections in the frames of even $200 Wilsons is shocking! Babolats are like David vs Wilson's Galiath. I like the underdog and have switched from Prince to Babolat's Roddick GT Plus. It's the best looking stick that I've ever seen and it can do everything...especially since I have a 2 hand backhand. THe Wilson/s grip shape seems like it's for 1 handers like Federer. Wilsons are very solid sticks, but Babolats fit the power players these days.

adams_1
10-09-2009, 01:44 AM
Why do people feel the need to compare the APDC with the K90? They are completely different frames, yet they are talked about as if they are the only racquets on the market. Bleh.

kishnabe
10-10-2009, 06:25 AM
Every Racquet is great. Babolat, Wilson, Head, Volki, Prince and etc.(no particular order)

I believe that Babolat has good spin and baseline punch racquets. Their racquet offer's a lot of punch on the serves. The drawback on their frames is the actual feel of the ball. When i am using the K90, i feel as if i know where the ball is going to land. With the babolat however sometimes i am in disbilief the ball i thought was going out landed in. Maybe it has to do with the different grip i use for APD and K90. Babolat allows for weird looping forehand wannabies but try that on a K90 and survive with no shoulder injury then you must be very lucky. For me that is the case. I have to change from Eastern forehand grip to Semi-Western when changing from wilson to babolat.
Wilson racquets are tutored for many players. The K90 has more control than a Babolat and for those people disagree, maybe are ignorant of the K90 structure.

SuperDuy
10-10-2009, 11:48 AM
APDC GT I tried it out.

Conquistador
10-10-2009, 06:33 PM
In my opinion, Wilson is the better manufacturer of performance frames. Some of the stuff they make is legendary and therefore sells at a rapid rate to a strong consumer base. Look at their "entertainers" at the top of the game. Guys like Federer and Sampras have used the best materials, period.

SFrazeur
10-12-2009, 10:19 AM
i don't know. but i will never use a Babolat racket. It has image problems with me.

I am using a Wilson. I can also change to Prince, Dunlop, Yonex, or TechniFibre. Not Head, because of its dense patters and handle shape. Babolat is a never.

Just preference. I think Wilson has some talents to spot talents. Djokovic is the upcoming best player, and he is using a Wilson. But Wilson didn't sign Gasquet who has a 1HBH.

Interesting racquet you have there in your signature. . .

-SF

TensProfes
10-14-2009, 08:46 PM
In my opinion, Wilson is the better manufacturer of performance frames. Some of the stuff they make is legendary and therefore sells at a rapid rate to a strong consumer base. Look at their "entertainers" at the top of the game. Guys like Federer and Sampras have used the best materials, period.

Interesting statement, considering that Wilson currently has among the widest (worst) tolerances in the business. Babolat is fairly bad in that department as well, though.

TensProfes
10-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Every Racquet is great. Babolat, Wilson, Head, Volki, Prince and etc.(no particular order)

I believe that Babolat has good spin and baseline punch racquets. Their racquet offer's a lot of punch on the serves. The drawback on their frames is the actual feel of the ball. When i am using the K90, i feel as if i know where the ball is going to land. With the babolat however sometimes i am in disbilief the ball i thought was going out landed in. Maybe it has to do with the different grip i use for APD and K90. Babolat allows for weird looping forehand wannabies but try that on a K90 and survive with no shoulder injury then you must be very lucky. For me that is the case. I have to change from Eastern forehand grip to Semi-Western when changing from wilson to babolat.
Wilson racquets are tutored for many players. The K90 has more control than a Babolat and for those people disagree, maybe are ignorant of the K90 structure.

In general, saying that any brand has more control than another is silly. Specific racquets may have more or less control than others, but no one brand does. Control relates to stiffness, head size, beam width, etc., and each company has a wide variety of frames in all these specs. So while the Pure Drive may offer less feel than the k90, the Pure Storm Tour gives much more feedback than the Cobra line. Brand loyalty is fine, but don't ascribe playing qualities to an entire label.

Wildcat tennis 11
10-15-2009, 05:52 AM
Wilson is classy :P, Babolat is rookie stuff :lol:.

Yeah babolat is rookie stuff just the number 2 and 6 in the world both use it.

Hidious
10-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Interesting racquet you have there in your signature. . .

-SF

Reading this thread from the beginning, i knew that would happen !

Rjtennis
10-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Babolat racquets are all very similar. They are very nice sticks but just a little too stiff for my liking.

Kick Serve 14
10-25-2009, 02:53 PM
babolat beats wilson just in terms of quality control

Kick Serve 14
10-25-2009, 02:54 PM
but head does win btw...

big bang
10-25-2009, 02:57 PM
most babolats are chick-sticks, but even their attempt to make players sticks really stink. I tested every babolat, head and wilson on the marked..

I could not play with any of babolats, not even the pure storm tour which should be their classic-feel stick, weird felling hated it. dont even wanna tell you what I think of the rest:shock:

I had no trouble finding head and wilson models I liked playing, kbt, k 6.1 95, kps 88, mgpp, mgp mid and speed pro, all of them felt nice on impact, the babolats had a weird cheap and plastic like feeling:shock:

crash1929
10-27-2009, 05:37 AM
proof is in the pudding. i always come back to my pure drive +

slice bh compliment
10-27-2009, 06:03 AM
most babolats are chick-sticks, ...I tested every babolat, head and wilson on the marked..

I could not play with any of babolats, not beven the pure storm tour which should be their classic-feel stick, weird felling hated it. dont even wanna tell you what I think of the rest:shock:..

Preach on. Most of today's sticks look and feel like plastic.

slice bh compliment
10-27-2009, 06:07 AM
most babolats are chick-sticks, ...I tested every babolat, head and wilson on the marked..

I could not play with any of babolats, not beven the pure storm tour which should be their classic-feel stick, weird felling hated it. dont even wanna tell you what I think of the rest:shock:..

Clearly, you have not tried the Pure Storm Limited. It is the best.
It feels like a Prestige with Woofers.
As good-looking and as solid as a pro staff tour 90 without the hard feel.
As powerful as a K or n 95, only a little thinner in the beam.
As sweet as a Volkl, without the upper hoop softness.
As solid as a Dunlop ag 200 only a little more head-light.

Anyway, it's definitely not a chick stick.

Even funnier is the fact that Roddick, Gonzalez and Nadal, a few big, strong dudes who play the game pretty well use 'chick sticks', LOL!

big bang
10-27-2009, 10:56 AM

Even funnier is the fact that Roddick, Gonzalez and Nadal, a few big, strong dudes who play the game pretty well use 'chick sticks', LOL!

yes they play with these chick sticks, but not retail, they are customized like everyone else on tour so you cant really say its the same stick..
and yes I tested the pure storm limited and hated it as well.

raging
11-07-2009, 03:08 PM
hey big bang, lot of hate for babs! seriously, no big deal. that is your prerogative.
Actually posted in your 6.1 thread, now I wish I hadn't!
No worries though I still like PURE DRIVES...guess i just like chick sticks, same as NADAL, RODDICK,GONZO, MOYA, ANDREEV and .....WOZNIACKI!!!! (AND CLIJSTERS!!!)
Now that is 2 chicks..using that :evil::evil::evil:BABOLAT stick!

smooveken
11-09-2009, 01:41 AM

Amen, I've demoed a lot of sticks out there and never really found a racquet that was good for my 1hbh. A lot of the Wilson frames felt like boards - KBT and K6.1 to be precise....I'll be honest, I never even looked at a babolat frame to demo because they seemed very "noobish" to me... big head sizes, super stiff, trampoline effect power and had this weird hollow feeling. But I was introduced to the Pure Storm Limited and boy am I loving it right now. It feels very solid and hits like butter with pinpoint precision!

big bang
11-09-2009, 03:25 AM
hey big bang, lot of hate for babs! seriously, no big deal. that is your prerogative.
Actually posted in your 6.1 thread, now I wish I hadn't!
No worries though I still like PURE DRIVES...guess i just like chick sticks, same as NADAL, RODDICK,GONZO, MOYA, ANDREEV and .....WOZNIACKI!!!! (AND CLIJSTERS!!!)
Now that is 2 chicks..using that :evil::evil::evil:BABOLAT stick!

Hey raging dont take it personal that I dislike babs

I like oldschool players-racquets and like I sayed before babolats doesnt have that.. I can find a few wilson and head models I like, but no babs. not saying I hate the brand, they make some of the best strings and real nice shoes(using pro pulse myself), but their racquets is not for me, too much tweener feel or chick-stick as I say:)

lot of young ppl tell me my sticks are crap because they never had a chance to get used to a classic frame, Im not offended by that at all.

how come ppl get offended when others dislike their racquets?
I gave my oppinion because this is a thread on wilson vs babolat, not to diss anyone..

Tsonga#1fan
11-09-2009, 05:45 AM

I like oldschool players-racquets and like I sayed before babolats doesnt have that.. I can find a few wilson and head models I like, but no babs. not saying I hate the brand, they make some of the best strings and real nice shoes(using pro pulse myself), but their racquets is not for me, too much tweener feel or chick-stick as I say:)

lot of young ppl tell me my sticks are crap because they never had a chance to get used to a classic frame, Im not offended by that at all.

I gave my oppinion because this is a thread on wilson vs babolat, not to diss anyone..

what exactly is a "chick-stick"?......that has to be one of the dumbest remarks I have read here. I don't care for the feel of Babolat's either, but to put a whole group of racquets in such a category like "chick-sticks" is just plain stupid.

LafayetteHitter
11-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Lots of newbies with their panties in a knot posting here.

Pink_Shirt
11-12-2009, 05:19 PM

I'm interested in your opinion of the AeroPro Drive Cortex, I had a really hard liking this one. Just wondering what your perspective was on this stick, or anybody's for that matter. :)

coloskier
11-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Basically it is touch (Wilson) vs power (Babolat). Depends on what kind of game you play.

slice bh compliment
11-13-2009, 12:44 AM
Basically it is touch (Wilson) vs power (Babolat). Depends on what kind of game you play.

Gross oversimplification.

I'd choose touch over power in that poll.

I play a touch game with a babolat Pure Storm LTD. Way better touch than either of the three Wilsons I have demo'd in the past few years (K-Blade Tour, n/k-95 and n/k-90).

jazzyfunkybluesy
11-13-2009, 04:28 AM
Thats got to be the closest thing to a players racquet that Babolat offers. How does it play slice?

slice bh compliment
11-13-2009, 05:47 AM
Thats got to be the closest thing to a players racquet that Babolat offers. How does it play slice?

The Pure Storm LTD and LTD GT

Old school graphite feel?
They're old school in terms of specs (head light balance, at least 320g overall, leather grip, thin beam, very solid feel without being braided, very maneuverable, dense string pattern for those of us who generate spin without trying). Good power/''plow-through'', and incredible control.

What I think Babolat does well (new school, if you will).
They're listed as a pretty stiff racquet (high 60s on the Stiffness/Flex scale). Also it's not really a small head -- it's a 95, which, as a guy who played with all sorts of great frames in the 70s and 80s, I think is so perfect.

But they do not feel stiff because they've got the woofer grommets, which I guess make a stiff stick feel older school.

The headshape is decidedly 80's. I think it is a nod to the Kneissls and Pumas of that era -- slightly wider at the 4/5 and 7/8 o'clock areas and slightly narrower up at 10 and 2 o'clock. I personally feel really at home with them, because I felt the Pure Control/Storm Tour is bulky up top.....and this thing, by contrast is incredibly maneuverable.

Best stick I've used, and I come from the Dunlop Maxply, the Dunlop Max 200g (and various modern versions), the PUMA Boris Becker, the Volkl c10 comp, Volkl c10 pro and various other 10s. I've liked several Fischers, Wilson Pro Staffs, Head Prestiges, too, but this LTD is my favorite. I'm in the process of replacing mine with the GT (I have one - they feel great even though they look a little too flashy for me).

Oh, and a word or two about how I'm playing with them as compared to my old sticks:
this frame's stiffness has contributed to better returns and BHs while not sacrificing touch around the net. It is not a serving powerhouse, but it is great at everything. If only it came with a footwork-improvement feature, LOL!

Well, best of luck with it.

matchmaker
11-13-2009, 11:04 AM
With Murray and Djokovic playing with Head, I guess it is just a coincidence that the last couple of GS finals were opposing Babolat and Wilson.

Tan
11-15-2009, 06:32 PM
I would definitely choose the brand that I can rely on. As I know Wilson is the most tricky brand out there that often be found in paint job issue. How could they disguise people who pay for them. Only this fact is enough for me to stay out this brand. If we come to talk about the quality and durability, I think Wilson would never close to the top for sure.

slice bh compliment
11-15-2009, 06:42 PM
I would definitely choose the brand that I can rely on. As I know Wilson is the most tricky brand out there that often be found in paint job issue. How could they disguise people who pay for them. Only this fact is enough for me to stay out this brand. If we come to talk about the quality and durability, I think Wilson would never close to the top for sure.

No no no no no no no, Wilson IS FOR TOUCH PLAYERS> Babolat is for mindless baseline bashing. Don't you know ANYTHING!?!

Kidding, man, and even w/o the pj issue (most brands..nothing new there), Wilson's quality control on retail frames is really weak compared to Volkl, Babolat, Fischer, et al. Even Dunlop blows Wilson away. I'd say Wilson is more like HEAD and Prince in terms of quality and consistency....more than a few grams off each stick (if you're a player who likes to match hsi sticks).

This all very strange to me given that most of the manufacturers have most of their frames made at the same factory in Taiwan. It's hilarious, actually.

scraps234
11-15-2009, 06:58 PM
they both have there pros and cons....

heninfan99
07-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Lots of guys 40 and over are switching to Babolat to save their arm but that's a huge mistake. A lighter, stiffer racquet is much harsher on the arm. They should go Volkl.

I'm a Wilson guy. An earlier post said it's just a huge company with two good frames. Yes and no. The BLX 90 & 95 are GREAT frames. The pro open and BLX tour are good frames.

At the club/weekend warrior level, Babolat users are mostly trendy types that spray the ball long constantly.

Babs quality control is high and they make KILLER strings.

2kJosh
07-10-2011, 08:29 PM
I would choose the Pure drive original if i was standing back And federers racquet if i was serve and vollying.

slice bh compliment
07-11-2011, 04:45 AM
Lots of guys 40 and over are switching to Babolat to save their arm but that's a huge mistake. A lighter, stiffer racquet is much harsher on the arm. They should go Volkl.

. ....

Which Babolat frames and which Volkl frames? You cannot just generalize.
Maybe you are talking about Pure Drives?

I used Volkls. Love the c 10 comp, the c 10 pro and some of the others. Great frames from a great brand.

I use a babolat. The Storms are powerful but also have great feel...and are definitely elbow friendly.

Kaz00
07-11-2011, 09:02 AM
I used a NBlade waaay back in the day (4yrs ago) and I really liked but wasn't getting enough pop. Went through a lot of racquets (PDRw/cortex swirly, K90, few heads) then I discovered this racquet called a Pure Storm Tour, tried the PDRGT, then quickly went back to the PST.

I rank Wilson ahead of Babolat by a slim margin because they have much more racquets to pick from. Babolat only has really good one the Pure Storms :D

slice bh compliment
07-11-2011, 09:06 AM
...Babolat only has really good one the Pure Storms :D

The AeroStorms are really something special, too.
Nice combination of power, comfort and control. Excellent control. Very maneuverable. Stable. Solid. Fun to play with. I got an AeroStorm Tour and I love it.

I still play with my Pure Storm Ltds, mostly.

Kaz00
07-11-2011, 09:10 AM
The AeroStorms are really something special, too.
Nice combination of power, comfort and control. Excellent control. Very maneuverable. Stable. Solid. Fun to play with. I got an AeroStorm Tour and I love it.

I still play with my Pure Storm Ltds, mostly.

The Aerostorm specs are something I would try but they have something I cannot stand on them Cortex :mad:

slice bh compliment
07-11-2011, 09:13 AM
What is bad about cortex?
Are you one of those hipsters who claims he cannot feel the ball?
I must not be good enough to tell.

Kaz00
07-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Hahaha nooo I just do not like the dampened feel. I can still feel the ball. Idk it feels weird and different

slice bh compliment
07-11-2011, 12:46 PM
The dampened feel, hahah. It's just a piece of plastic surrounding the graphite. It's more show than go, in my opinion. It might take a little of the edge off the contact...a touch of initial shock. Who knows?

What I do know is that it feels great for a stiff-ish stick. And that's coming from a guy who would play with wood if that were realistic today. All the firmness of a Wilson pro staff, plus a mildly larger head....and all the feel of a Volkl 10 or a Dunlop 200 without the upper hoop instability.

Advantage Babolat.

What's funny to me is that babolat frames get a bad name because of the AeroProDrive and the Pure Drive.

They probably need to step up the marketing behind the Aero Storms and the Storms. Especially the Tours.

I'm probably going to get a Pure Storm Tour, too. The new red is growing on me. My Limiteds are aging. So am I, haha.

tennisnoob3
07-11-2011, 12:52 PM
The dampened feel, hahah. It's just a piece of plastic surrounding the graphite. It's more show than go, in my opinion. It might take a little of the edge off the contact...a touch of initial shock. Who knows?

What I do know is that it feels great for a stiff-ish stick. And that's coming from a guy who would play with wood if that were realistic today. All the firmness of a Wilson pro staff, plus a mildly larger head....and all the feel of a Volkl 10 or a Dunlop 200 without the upper hoop instability.

Advantage Babolat.

What's funny to me is that babolat frames get a bad name because of the AeroProDrive and the Pure Drive.

They probably need to step up the marketing behind the Aero Storms and the Storms. Especially the Tours.

I'm probably going to get a Pure Storm Tour, too. The new red is growing on me. My Limiteds are aging. So am I, haha.

they made a huge mistake by changing the aero storm to an identical paint scheme as the aero pro drive....sometimes i completely forget about the aero storm entirely.

slice bh compliment
07-11-2011, 01:02 PM
I actually like the whole yellow/black/white look. I like Hrrafa. I feel like I am channeling him a little bit on the forehand....even though I have short hair, I use an eastern grip and a thin beam, haha.

TheBoom
07-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Bablolats look more appealing but the only good ones are whe aero/pure storm lines

Netzroller
07-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Why is everyone bashing Babolat (Aeropro/Pure Drive) so badly!?
I think there hardly is such thing as a "bad racket". It depends what you need for your game. Not everyone would play better with a Pure Storm. I think the Pure Drive is one of the most used rackets worldwide, can't be that bad...

Or is it because the on these boards so beloved Rafa uses an AeroPro?:wink:

(I play a Dunlop Aerogel 200, btw)

nn
07-11-2011, 08:25 PM
I have used Wilson & babolat for equal amount of time. I like both but Pure Drive std with RPM blast at 55 has something not suit my game better than wilson kfactor.

You have to see what fits your game not the other way i.e. what Roger',Andy and Rafa is using. But one thing is for sure Babolat pure drive is popular amount atp/wta pro in singles and doubles.

TopspinAce
12-25-2011, 04:26 PM

The Tennis Elbow Machines

TopspinAce
12-25-2011, 04:46 PM
APDC GT I tried it out.

AND!?!?!?!?!?!

tennis_balla
12-25-2011, 05:16 PM
The only reason people bash Cortex is because the pros (except Tsonga) are not using Babolat frames with it. If Nadal, Roddick and the rest all switched to frames with Cortex tomorrow you'd see thread after thread being posted about how great it is.

aweil
12-25-2011, 10:46 PM
babolat is the best because no matter how much you pay for a racquet you know that you wll be getting a good quality racquet but with wilson if you buy a 130$ racquet they can get really crappy and porly made

Chyeaah
12-26-2011, 03:16 AM
The only reason people bash Cortex is because the pros (except Tsonga) are not using Babolat frames with it. If Nadal, Roddick and the rest all switched to frames with Cortex tomorrow you'd see thread after thread being posted about how great it is.

Definately agree, there isnt MUCH difference only minute differences.

Yes, ive played with one dont bash me.

Chyeaah
12-26-2011, 03:17 AM
babolat is the best because no matter how much you pay for a racquet you know that you wll be getting a good quality racquet but with wilson if you buy a 130$ racquet they can get really crappy and porly made

Say that to my friends broken Pure Storm

Then ask TW to do a Spec check for an extra $10

tennis_balla
12-26-2011, 03:47 AM
Say that to my friends broken Pure Storm

Then ask TW to do a Spec check for an extra $10

Bad stringer, thats what causes almost all racket cracks minus the ones where people smash their rackets against the court.

Bartelby
12-26-2011, 03:50 AM
No, the Storm lines gets lots of complaints and Babolat can't even buy a staple strong enough to keep a butt cap on.

Chyeaah
12-26-2011, 03:51 AM
Still reckon Yonex has the best quality. all of them feel so solid.

Wilsons are cheaper than Babs here by a fair bit so i dont really care.

slice bh compliment
12-26-2011, 03:58 AM
No, the Storm lines gets lots of complaints and Babolat can't even buy a staple strong enough to keep a butt cap on.

I've been lucky with the 6 Storm Limiteds, 4 Storm Tours and 4 AeroStorm Tours I've had over the past few years. Every single one has been within two grams of the other, and I've had no problems with the buttcaps ever (but I don't chuck my racquet anymore, my grip changes are pretty conservative, and I wear a wristband when I sweat). The only thing I can complain about is that the paint is pretty thin and chippy compared to the old Pure Controls. But that's mostly me not babying the stick. Like it matters.

Well, best of luck with Wilson and the other brands.
Every company has its duds, I guess. Every company has a few solid ones.

For me, it's the Storm Tour. Also, I have a little crush on the Dunlop 200Tour. Anyone know if the quality control is good at Dunlop these days?

Chyeaah
12-26-2011, 04:05 AM
Just pay TW to get the ones with the correct specs.

wait Quality Control means how close the specs are of each individual racquet right? Doesnt have much to do with actual quality.

equinox
12-26-2011, 04:27 AM
Preach on. Most of today's sticks look and feel like plastic.

Break like hollow plastic as well.

tennis_balla
12-26-2011, 04:37 AM
This whole Babolat has bad buttcaps has been going on for a long time and I've never heard or seen anyone personally complain, only on the internet. Besides, I've had 3 Yonex rackets where the but cap creaked and clicked slighty, even after more staples were put in...sh*t happens.

Worst quality control I've seen personally is Wilson though.

li0scc0
12-26-2011, 06:16 AM
Just pay TW to get the ones with the correct specs.

wait Quality Control means how close the specs are of each individual racquet right? Doesnt have much to do with actual quality.

Or go to your local Pro shop and they will match them for NO COST.

Spring Pools
12-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Or go to your local Pro shop and they will match them for NO COST.

How can you find a local pro shop?

martini1
01-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Wilson ps mid line is definitely worth to be one of the best. Babo aero pro and pure drives are up there as well. Having said that, Wilson's new Juice pro is a very good frame, may well become Wilson's pure drive. Babo may never make a mid line to compete with Wilson.