PDA

View Full Version : Durability Guarenteed Question

BumperJeep
07-07-2007, 02:40 PM
I have a couple of questions about the durability guarenteed shoes and would really appreciate anybody who can answer my questions help. For shoes with the durability guarenteed, How many times can I return my shoes as long as I wear through the shoe like the company specifies? Also, do I have to ship the shoes back to the manufactorer? Do I have to pay for return shipping? What is the general turn around time, in which i request a replacement? Help would be much appreciated!

jonline
07-07-2007, 03:07 PM
The durability guarantee is only for shoes purchased by you, not for any pairs that the manufacturer sends you as a result of their durability guarantee. Thus, you can not get two free pairs with only one purchase. Yes, you do have to return them to the manufacturer. With Nike, you have to call customer service and they will give you a claims number to put on the box. I'm not too sure about how the shipping costs are covered, but I believe it takes around two weeks for the manufacturer to receive the shoes, inspect them, and send you a new pair. I'm not 100% sure on that point, either though.

Bottle Rocket
07-07-2007, 03:09 PM
If you wear out a pair within the warranty period, you get ONE replacement pair.

You usually need the ORIGINAL sales receipt as well as the warranty card that comes with the shoes. I hear Nike does some other weird stuff.

Some shoe manufacturers make you include a money order to cover return shipping. Some don't. It's usually around $9.00 if they do. Adidas makes you pay. Prince does not.

Return time also depends on who you're dealing with. Adidas was about 2 weeks. Prince was just as quick for me.

Adidas sent me a different color shoe than I sent in. I requested a different color from Prince and they sent me what I asked for.

BumperJeep
07-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks for all the info. jonline, I'm not looking for free pairs. I'm just making the assumption that I will be able to go straight through the toe of any shoe more than twice in six months. :( Do you guys have any reccomendations for shoes that have the guarentee and are under $60?

CivicLx
07-07-2007, 05:21 PM
I've replaced shoes 3 times and I've always had TW deal with them. If you send the shoes back to TW, they will just send you a pair from their inventory (as long as they're in stock) and that shouldn't take as long. Also, TW isn't as picky as the company is.

thefederman
07-07-2007, 06:39 PM
when i returned a pair of adidas shoes, i had to call and they gave me a shipping number. i paid for the shipping there, they covered the cost of the return and it took a week

jonline
07-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks for all the info. jonline, I'm not looking for free pairs. I'm just making the assumption that I will be able to go straight through the toe of any shoe more than twice in six months. :( Do you guys have any reccomendations for shoes that have the guarentee and are under $60?

haha. I realize that, I just didn't want you to play tons to wear out your second pair, then find out you're out 100 bucks. Good luck. Don't know about the under 60 mark: usually guaranteed shoes are around $100, (if you wear them out, they still make profit).

Pr0DiGy
07-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Take a look at the Reebok Match Day Pumps--around 50$ (something like 49.99)

They have a pretty good reputation around here.

kalic
07-10-2007, 05:55 AM
So , I can take sandpaper and sand outsole after 5 months, and request new ones ?

Pr0DiGy
07-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Um...no..?

It usually states that the wear has to come from normal tennis playing/everyday wear, and not intentional damage. I'm pretty sure they can tell if the outsole's been sanded down, cause the rest of the shoe won't be in a poor condition, a sign that the shoes/outsoles weren't truly worn down.

muggy
07-10-2007, 08:21 PM
I sent a pair back for replacement to nike and got back a voucher for $130 for the nike website.

Anyone think they would keep track of the shoes purchased with this voucher if I got a new pair with a new guarantee?

I mean, would I be able to get replacement on shoes bought with this voucher?

jaisrh
07-11-2007, 11:37 AM
I sent a pair back for replacement to nike and got back a voucher for $130 for the nike website.

Anyone think they would keep track of the shoes purchased with this voucher if I got a new pair with a new guarantee?

I mean, would I be able to get replacement on shoes bought with this voucher?

Since you need both the receipt and warranty card to make a claim I'm guessing that the receipt for your replacement shoe paid via voucher would say somewhere on it that it was paid via voucher thereby preventing you from making a claim on that shoe.

BumperJeep
07-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Does anybody know of any shoes that you deal with TW directly when replacing them? Or does this apply to all of the TW shoes, because you are buying them from TW in the first place?

Pr0DiGy
07-11-2007, 06:18 PM
You send Fila shoes back to Tennis Warehouse

lidation
07-11-2007, 07:09 PM
It seems pretty hard to wear out shoes within their time frame. The Barricades have 6 months warranty. But hey, they look really rugged and unless you don't really have a day job and play tennis all the time, it seems impossible to wear that thing out in 6 months.

norcal
07-12-2007, 08:05 AM
I always get warranty shoes and always get a free pair. TW gets the new pair back to me within 5 days of me sending them out. Now that's fast.

Zets147
07-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Take a look at the Reebok Match Day Pumps--around 50$ (something like 49.99)

They have a pretty good reputation around here.

I don't know about that. Those "tanks" are not very good at all. Bulky, and Heavy. I don't feel safe wearing those things. They are also high off the ground.

BumperJeep
07-12-2007, 03:40 PM
I don't know what shoes to buy. I teach little kids, so I'm on the court all day.

Pr0DiGy
07-12-2007, 05:44 PM
I don't know about that. Those "tanks" are not very good at all. Bulky, and Heavy. I don't feel safe wearing those things. They are also high off the ground.

Personally, I agree, I wouldn't wear anything that's 20.2 ounces. Besides, at that weight, there's no way they aren't high off the ground. There's tons of cushioning, but probably a little too much. Too much of a good thing, you know? I don't really like the idea of "tanks" on my feet either. I've got a reputation for being one of the faster players around here. Barricade IV's for me.

Just saying that a lot of people think that the price vs. performance ratio is just too good to give up, and a lot of people have been satisfied with the shoe.

xie_419
07-21-2007, 10:13 AM
I've replaced shoes 3 times and I've always had TW deal with them. If you send the shoes back to TW, they will just send you a pair from their inventory (as long as they're in stock) and that shouldn't take as long. Also, TW isn't as picky as the company is.

Do you know if TW deals with Barricade IVs ? What else do you need to send back besides the shoes? I'm assuming some type of receipt, but anything else? Also will companies send you a new pair if you wear a hole through only one of the shoes, or do both need to have holes? Thanks for any help

CivicLx
07-21-2007, 12:18 PM
i think i've replaced 2 pairs in their retail shop and 2 pairs i've sent back in the mail. you do need your original invoice, but if you don't have it handy, i'm sure TW can look it up for you and check the purchase date. it sounds like TW prefers you to send shoes back to the company itself, but i'm pretty sure you could send barricades back to TW. you should call just to double check. and no you don't have to wear holes through both of the shoes...in fact you don't even need to wear completely through if you send them back to TW first.