PDA

View Full Version : Rafa will beat Federer tomorrow, no?

pj80
07-07-2007, 03:58 PM
i think rafa will finally get the wimby title, no?

Rodditha
07-07-2007, 04:02 PM
no way.it's not gonna happen.

lacostetennis3
07-07-2007, 04:04 PM
I really want Fed to win, but after Nadal's win at the French and the way he never gives up, I wouldn't be too surprised if Nadal pulled off the upset

abenguyen
07-07-2007, 04:06 PM
i hope fed wins. the way fed has been playing the past two matches thought my give him troubles. but i think fed will take it in 4 sets

jkonecne
07-07-2007, 04:16 PM
It would be the biggest upset in a long time if Nadal won. Nadal has been pushed hard by some not so big name players. Federer on the other hand has beat some decent players and only dropped one set the entire tournament. Yeah he got one walkover with Haas, but I don't think he would have stopped him. My prediction: Fed in 4 like last year.

giver deaner
07-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Dude, "NO" that was funny!

saram
07-07-2007, 06:24 PM
i think it will be a compelling match regardless of which player wins. both hungry. both have desire. both the best two in the game. one aiming for the record books. one says his dream is to win wimbledon....

we cannot ask for a better finals....

Purostaff
07-07-2007, 07:12 PM
It would be unbelievable if Rafa beats Federer tomorrow, yes?

i.Radical
07-07-2007, 07:21 PM
I want to see Nadal win.... But I think he would have to play the BEST he's EVER played.

naffi
07-07-2007, 07:34 PM
The only reason I'd like to see Nadal win is because I don't think he gets enough respect, and if he wins Wimbledon, people will have to stop considering him a one-surface wonder.

http://www.******************.blogspot.com

Kobble
07-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Nadal knows what to expect this time, and he will come out agressive and focus on serving well. Federer knew what to expect at RG, but couldn't do anything about it. Nadal's adjustments work, Federer's don't. That will be the difference.

ACE of Hearts
07-07-2007, 08:08 PM
U people are nuts.This match falls squarely on Roger.If he serves like he did against Gasquet, he will win.Roger already knows what to expect.I expect him to use alot of low slides on Nadal.

angharad
07-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Nadal's adjustments work, Federer's don't. That will be the difference.

On clay. The real difference is the surface. Nadal hasn't played a huge amount on grass, Federer has. I think Nadal will give him a run for his money, but I'm not sure I can see him pulling off that huge upset - not this year, at least.

Rozafa
07-07-2007, 08:13 PM
U people are nuts.This match falls squarely on Roger.If he serves like he did against Gasquet, he will win.Roger already knows what to expect.I expect him to use alot of low slides on Nadal.

I don't think we're nuts for picking Nadal to win. Fact is, Nadal is better now than he was last year, while Fed isn't.

tlm
07-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Fed will most likely win, this is more of a serving contest on the grass surface + fed has the better serve.

Mad iX
07-07-2007, 08:15 PM
I think, you know, Fed will be too good, no?
I'm still, you know, hoping for a 5-setter. You know, Fed doing some actual S&V, and Nadal slugging it out from the baseline, no?

Rodditha
07-07-2007, 08:19 PM
That match is gonna be one sided match wich means Federer is gonna dominate from start to the end, it' gonna be a routine match for Federer.

Mick
07-07-2007, 08:21 PM
if nadal upsets federer tomorrow, it will be more shocking than bartoli upsetting henin.

Rodditha
07-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Too much big hopes on that match,i'm telling y'all y'all will be deceived.

Rulo
07-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Too much big hopes on that match,i'm telling y'all y'all will be deceived.

You're probably right....
But anything could happens....
Who knows....

Rodditha
07-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah who knows,anything is possible.

JennyS
07-07-2007, 08:41 PM
I wonder if Rafa is tired by now. The dude will be playing for the 7th day in a row. I know he's fit, but he's not super human.

But I wouldn't call it that big of a shock if he wins. He's beaten Roger on hard courts and he always has a ton of confidence in big matches.

I'm rooting for Roger though!

B8RTENNIS
07-07-2007, 08:42 PM
It would be the biggest upset in a long time if Nadal won. Nadal has been pushed hard by some not so big name players. Federer on the other hand has beat some decent players and only dropped one set the entire tournament. Yeah he got one walkover with Haas, but I don't think he would have stopped him. My prediction: Fed in 4 like last year.

For some reason Federer always seems to get the best draws. The only player on his side of draw that could have given him a work out was Roddick and he, unfortunately, did not get the chance. Plus Federer was vacationing for more than five days while Nadal had a match that took five days, five sets to complete and have been playing for the last six days straight. Lets hope he still have something left in the tank to give Federer something to cry about!

ACE of Hearts
07-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Plzzzz, he gets the best draw?He had a difficult draw last year.This year wasnt any different.He had some luck with Haas but he would have taken out Haas.Roddick would have been embarrased one again if he had beaten Gasquet.

ACE of Hearts
07-07-2007, 08:47 PM
I would call it a shock for the simple fact that this guy has ruled wimbledon for 4 years now and its his favorite surface. Best surface counts for something, just like Nadal's best surface is clay.

DarkSephiroth
07-07-2007, 08:55 PM
1- B8RTENNIS- If you're the #1 player in the world, your draw is set up to be easier.

2. It wouldn't be a shock, as Nadal as a winning H2H against Federer. They are relatively even on Hard Courts, which, according to some are now faster than the grass is the final week of Wimbledon. So, the slow bounce on the current ground, in addition to Nadal's fighting desire to win which Fed doesn't really have could lead to an upset. I hardly think this would be a shock.

ACE of Hearts
07-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Yes but people keep bringing the head to head in which its mostly clay matches.Take away the clay matches and its 3-3.

DarkSephiroth
07-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Yes, so Nadal has a relatively even chance of winning.

lecter255
07-07-2007, 09:57 PM
The only reason I'd like to see Nadal win is because I don't think he gets enough respect, and if he wins Wimbledon, people will have to stop considering him a one-surface wonder.

http://www.******************.blogspot.com

naw he got my respect now, reaching Wimbledon's final for a second straight year, and dealing with all the rain delay crap and Soldering.

but Federer is gonna win. anyone know what the bookie's offers are? the odds?

lecter255
07-07-2007, 10:00 PM
For some reason Federer always seems to get the best draws. The only player on his side of draw that could have given him a work out was Roddick and he, unfortunately, did not get the chance. Plus Federer was vacationing for more than five days while Nadal had a match that took five days, five sets to complete and have been playing for the last six days straight. Lets hope he still have something left in the tank to give Federer something to cry about!

wtf federer got roddick in the final for 2 years in a row. beating roddick on grass is crazy. this year he got a bit of luck with Haas, but you can't question his dominance just cuz he got a bit lucky.

lecter255
07-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Yes, so Nadal has a relatively even chance of winning.

yea if a bird **** in federer's eyes. ;)

Jasyn19
07-08-2007, 04:29 AM
Considering that Nadal didn't win Queen's where there was no Federer, and he lost two sets to Robin Soderling and one to a very, very out-of-form Novak Djokavic yesterday here at Wimbledom, I expect Nadfal to come second this afternoon to Federer who has all the elements of a pedegree (a few times over if I think back) suited to take Wimbledon, yet again. The unforced errors from Nadal's racquet in the Djokavic match yesterday, and the first set in particular, suggested to me that he has a way to go yet on grass. Rafa will win Wimbledon in the future... if he can ever get past the equally rapidly improving trio of Novak, Marcos and Andy (Murray)... but not this afternoon, Josephine. OK, off to Wimbledon...

crazylevity
07-08-2007, 04:36 AM
naw he got my respect now, reaching Wimbledon's final for a second straight year, and dealing with all the rain delay crap and Soldering.

but Federer is gonna win. anyone know what the bookie's offers are? the odds?

Who soldered Nadal?:-D

a guy
07-08-2007, 05:35 AM
no

why are you reading this?

J-man
07-08-2007, 05:59 AM
It could be tight but I think Federer can handle Nadal. But Federer will have to be in peak mental and physical condition. He can't come in sacred of Nadal or little weary.

The Ball Matters
07-08-2007, 06:11 AM
if nadal upsets federer tomorrow, it will be more shocking than bartoli upsetting henin.

not even close to as big an upset...... henin was -2500 odds, federer is -500 odds......... not even close...

dave333
07-08-2007, 06:23 AM
Wrong meds perhaps?