PDA

View Full Version : What's with the personalized shoes?

christo
07-08-2007, 12:02 AM
Roger with his 4 Swiss Army knife logos, Rafa has his shoes logo also. Too bad some journeyman from the Outer Congo couldn't come thru qualies and just knock the snot out of them. Too much money, too much ego, it started to get out of control with Mac and Jimbo although both Fed and Rafa are both fine sportsmen, unlike the other pair who *******ed sportsmanship. Federer is very arrogant in his remarks, almost daring his opponents to test him. Trust me, his days are numbered to be unchallenged at the top and he knows it. The long white Fred Perry pants and hand bag? Metrosexuals running rampant at Centre Court? Bill Tillman and Ted Tinling would be loving it! Rock on

thefederman
07-08-2007, 10:55 AM
it has nothing to do with ego. it's all a fad. any soccer player can tell you that having shoes with your name or country flag on them is common. it's a fad right now. i personally like it

carrwash13
07-08-2007, 01:29 PM
so if you had the option to get custom shoes you'd turn it down? Right.....

carrwash13
07-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Trust me, his days are numbered to be unchallenged at the top and he knows it.

Yea....he must be shaking in his boots.....he's only won 2 out of the 3 grand slams so far this year and gotten to the final of the other

armand
07-08-2007, 01:37 PM
You can just see the Nike money machine ordering Roger to quickly get dressed for the trophy presentation. Sad.

carrwash13
07-08-2007, 08:26 PM
You can just see the Nike money machine ordering Roger to quickly get dressed for the trophy presentation. Sad.

considering they don't even sell what he put on I doubt they order him to do it. If anything it would be better to not have him wear what he played in since they sell most of that stuff

War, Safin!
07-09-2007, 04:41 AM
So why did he quickly change into his white jacket and long pants for the presentation?

thefederman
07-09-2007, 11:02 AM
he changed into the clothes beacause ultimately thats what it was for.all the presenters are wearing suits he just wanted to fit in. haha

El Diablo
07-09-2007, 11:58 AM
So Nike marketers say "what can we do to get the camera to linger on the player's shoes? How about some personalized decoration?!" If you find this kind of minutiae sad or alarming, it's time to raise your Lexapro dose.

VAmazona
07-11-2007, 07:10 PM
his pants were on backwards

slice bh compliment
07-11-2007, 07:18 PM
...Bill Tillman and Ted Tinling would be loving it! Rock on

Is that Pat Tillman's cousin from Fire Island?

Kidding, we know you probably meant Tilden.

Anyway, yeah, I agree, I hope some journeyman from the Outer Congo kicks their little fancylad asses, but everybody knows the Academies have all but killed the level of tennis in the Outer Congo. Inner Mongolia however......;)

Well, I'm okay with the crosses on his shoes. I even like the jacket. But trousers after tennis on a nice day? That just smacks of effort.

And don't even get me started on Roger's new luggage (big among wealthy elderly ladies in both Palm Beach AND Palm Springs).