PDA

View Full Version : No Brainer - Match Of The Year!

tennisjunkiela
07-08-2007, 08:53 AM
No matter who wins this, this is easily the match of the year!!!!!

2 great champions!!!

tennisjunkiela
07-08-2007, 09:01 AM
my bag - as John McEnroe say "one of the all-time great matches at Wimbledon!"

JMS
07-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Fed just won it, and i can't agree more. I am an avid nadal fan but wow, either player could have won it in straights but both kept fighting, truly a classic, and i am glad i was watching

JMS
07-08-2007, 09:05 AM
what was exactly wrong with Nadal's knee by the way?

Grimjack
07-08-2007, 09:07 AM

A bit of excusitis.

dysonlu
07-08-2007, 09:13 AM
This historical match redeemed this poor Wimbledon tournament.

bluescreen
07-08-2007, 09:15 AM
i have to agree, that match was awesome. so much drama. i couldnt even watch the first half of the fifth set. i was listening from the kitchen cuz i was getting too nervous!

i really had federer down and out after losing the fourth set so miserably, and with nadal's great five set record. great job to rafa for pushing it to a fifth, and great job to federer for coming back like a real champion.

easily best and most exciting match of the year.

akv89
07-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Brilliant match! The quality from both players was phenomenal, especially in the first three sets. I doubt that Nadal was making excuses with his knee problems. He fought toe to toe with Roger Federer at his best on grass. He can no longer be considered as only a clay court player.

Alex132
07-08-2007, 09:32 AM
crap, Nadal is freaking gud!!! man he was dam close to beating FED, Amazing match! WOW

Fed Truly earned his 5th!!!

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
07-08-2007, 09:36 AM
No matter who wins this, this is easily the match of the year!!!!!

2 great champions!!!

Excellent match indeed, Nadal is getting better and can only go up, good job by Federer..

BigServer1
07-08-2007, 10:01 AM

They said that it was taped to prevent the patella from shifting. He seemed really cautious for a couple of games, but once he got into the 5th he was his old self again. So much credit goes to Nadal for such a great match. He will be a champion on a non-clay surface very soon. This rivalry has really gotten interesting in the last year. Great match, great fight. To all those that say Federer is mentally weak...I think he answered those questions today. Great match.

VaBeachTennis
07-08-2007, 10:07 AM
A bit of excusitis.

Good joke. Nadal had tendonitis in his platella if I heard correctly.

JLyon
07-08-2007, 10:26 AM
patella tendinitis was what the medical was for.
What an amazing match by both guys and they left it all on the table. Nadal has definately shed the dirtballer label now. Would love to see another rematch at the USO Final.
Should be a great Hard court Summer.