PDA

View Full Version : That ruined my day.. did it mess yours up?

MasterTS
07-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Can't believe with all the chances in the world and he loses.. Coulda won the first set, coulda won the 3rd, and coulda won the 5th.. this blowzz... im gonna go cry like fed was crying about Hawk-eye

Big Fed
07-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Ha Ha Ha Ha

jaggy
07-08-2007, 10:16 AM
You have to take your chances

Gatsby007
07-08-2007, 10:25 AM
you sack waxer

skip1969
07-08-2007, 10:26 AM
spoiler alert.

it ruined my day in the sense that i am on vacation staying with friends . . . and instead of being out in the sun with them i was indoors watching tennis. thank god they already know what a nerd i am.

Fedexeon
07-08-2007, 10:27 AM
You can cry or do whatever you want. =) I'm just too happy that Federer won this.

veritech
07-08-2007, 10:27 AM
this qualifies as a spoiler.

jkonecne
07-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Hawk-eye is the dumbest thing in tennis. Nadal may have had chances, but doesn't it show what a great champion Federer is by fighting them off? I think so.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
07-08-2007, 10:29 AM
I don't like either of those choices, but I enjoyed the match. I am glad for Federer and I was happy to see sombody push him.

janipyt05
07-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Can't believe with all the chances in the world and he loses.. Coulda won the first set, coulda won the 3rd, and coulda won the 5th.. this blowzz... im gonna go cry like fed was crying about Hawk-eye

No i don't think so the 2 tie break Fed upped his game and played great tennis i can't say he would have won those but in the 5th set twice Rafa had break points, Fed saved 2 with great serves but Rafa shanked one for sure.

One can't afford to have such chances and not do anything with them its just that simple.

Well done to Fed its routine as he says

herosol
07-08-2007, 10:36 AM
yea it ruined my day
fed had to play horrible

which makes nadal even hungrier, for next one.
if he dominated he could have atleast turned off the beacon of hope for nadal.

but nope, he just paved a even smoother path for nadal to take the next one.

just not something i was looking for.

Kobble
07-08-2007, 10:55 AM
He had all the opportuniy in the world to shut the door on Federer. Instead, he went for awful shots that were uncalled for. The key is to not allow Federer to play on house money. Once he is up a set and/or a break it frees him up. Make him need those shots, and first serves. Nadal played the better tennis and lost. That was hard to watch for me, so I can only imagine what it feels like for Nadal.

OrangeOne
07-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Nadal played the better tennis and lost.

Sounds like a very poor excuse....

lecter255
07-08-2007, 11:51 AM
spoiler alert.

it ruined my day in the sense that i am on vacation staying with friends . . . and instead of being out in the sun with them i was indoors watching tennis. thank god they already know what a nerd i am.

that's not nerdy. that's dedication =D n i woulda done the same =)

West Coast Ace
07-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Can't believe with all the chances in the world and he loses.. Coulda won the first set, coulda won the 3rd, and coulda won the 5th.. this blowzz... im gonna go cry like fed was crying about Hawk-eyeNot sure how one could be sick watching their favorite lose to the best in the world - and one of the best of all time.

If he'd lost to #58 I could see you being bummed....

lecter255
07-08-2007, 11:55 AM
did anyone think for a sec that.. erm... federer purposely went down 15-40 twice in the fifth, then to hold to crack nadal mentally then run with it? like he kinda planned that?? i know i sound ridiculous but did that thought go through any minds?

MasterTS
07-08-2007, 12:16 PM
did anyone think for a sec that.. erm... federer purposely went down 15-40 twice in the fifth, then to hold to crack nadal mentally then run with it? like he kinda planned that?? i know i sound ridiculous but did that thought go through any minds?

No thats idiotic and im not an idiot.

saram
07-08-2007, 12:33 PM
He had all the opportuniy in the world to shut the door on Federer. Instead, he went for awful shots that were uncalled for. The key is to not allow Federer to play on house money. Once he is up a set and/or a break it frees him up. Make him need those shots, and first serves. Nadal played the better tennis and lost. That was hard to watch for me, so I can only imagine what it feels like for Nadal.

the poor kid looked like he wanted to vomit....

saram
07-08-2007, 12:35 PM

um....nope!

Polaris
07-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the clarification. For a moment, I wasn't sure.

vince916
07-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Yea Rafa did have it in the bag thats why his head was down after the match.

Atleast he's 2nd best on grass.

Pete.Sampras.
07-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Federer's victory ruined my day...

tennishead93
07-08-2007, 12:59 PM
federer was like what is wrong with this system, i have no friends.

Nadal_Freak
07-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Frustrating ending but I'm still proud of Nadal.

CyBorg
07-08-2007, 01:08 PM
I think Nadal will win three majors in 08. I just don't see how he won't.

Roger needs to get them while he can.

jaykay
07-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Frustrating ending but I'm still proud of Nadal.

You should be (proud of Nadal, I mean). He played out of his mind and there was some spectacular (and not so good) display today out there. I am in total 9th cloud / 7th heaven that Roger won... but Rafa earned bigtime respect.

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
07-08-2007, 03:23 PM
im gonna cry too like when fed WON!

jaykay
07-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTS

Thanks for the clarification. For a moment, I wasn't sure.

---chortle--- :D
Nice tongue-in-cheek, Polaris, I enjoyed that...

Mad iX
07-08-2007, 07:02 PM
It takes a lot more than luck to win 5 straight Wimbledons.

gdsballer
07-08-2007, 09:35 PM
the biggest chance nadal had today was 15-30 with fed serving at 4-5 in the third, and he missed a routine forehand that wouldve given him 2 set points...as upsettng as it is, that was an incredible match

anchorsteamer
07-08-2007, 09:41 PM
The call in the Bryan brothers match ruined my day...what a joke that was...

Alafter
07-08-2007, 09:53 PM

The 'awful' shots were the same ones he pulled off to make some incredibly hard times for Roger's mentality. He just missed them, and then you call them awful?

And Nadal played great tennis, making incredible shots. But he lost, so he did NOT play the better tennis. If he was better, why has he lost? There's more to winning than just beautiful shots. If the other side manages to survive all your 'beautiful' shots and beat you, you ARE the worse player.

superman1
07-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Nadal was definitely more impressive than Fed for most of the match. But let's face it, he had two tiebreaks and he went down in both of them early. He didn't play as well on the big points, and that's no one's fault but his own. The knee injury certainly didn't help him, but it was also between the ears. As mentally tough as he is, he's not perfect.

bammbamm
07-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Sort of like how Fed fans much feel like after Fed blew an extremely good chance in, if I remember correctly, the first set of the French Open this year. Imagine, a five setter in RG.

Hot Sauce
07-08-2007, 11:14 PM
It ruined my day cuz I had to wake up at 6 am to watch it. And now I'm literally starting to get sick.

Mastermind
07-08-2007, 11:20 PM
The call in the Bryan brothers match ruined my day...what a joke that was...

I can't believe Lars Graff made that call I was furious, though not as much as Bob and Mike. I was watching it on TV and it was clear that the BALL touched the net NOT the racquet.

jukka1970
07-08-2007, 11:51 PM
I haven't enjoyed Wimbledon that much since watching Edberg and Becker go at it on center court. I absolutely loved it for many reasons.

1. I love how Federer plays, and how he always seems to find the way to pull the impossible off.

2. Because I love Nadal's enthusiasm, play and just outright love for the sport and never die attitude, this has finally shut up the Nadal haters. One can't possibly argue anymore that Nadal can't live up to other surfaces. And he didn't have to win to squash the haters argument. The argument of an easy road to the finals is now permamently squashed.

3. Federer has now separated himself from Sampras as far as Federer has 5 in a row, Sampras had 4, and It was Federer who stopped Sampras from obtaining 5 in a row. So sweet!!! I can't emphasize enough how sweet that was. I do want Federer to win once more, twice would be better. Once to get the record for men, and twice to get the record for man or woman. And I do think Nadal is going to win Wimbledon, just hope Federer can hold on one more time.

4. The fact that it went 5 sets, and as McEnroe quoted Becker about the 5th set being about heart and not tennis, was a perfect exclamation point on just how good this one was. Until Fed finally broke Nadal for only the 2nd time, it seemed that Nadal could very well take this from Fed. And Fed, most definitely acknowledged that, both to Nadal at net, and in front of the camera.

5. Nadal will definitely be even hungrier, and we have ourselves one hell of a rivalry, and I'm sorry but this is way better then what some considered a rivalry between Sampras and Agassi. I think Agassi got better as he got older and played some of his best as Sampras was getting near retirement. Before that it seemed like Sampras was always beating Agassi at the slams.

Jukka

bammbamm
07-08-2007, 11:58 PM
3. Federer has now separated himself from Sampras as far as Federer has 5 in a row, Sampras had 4, and It was Federer who stopped Sampras from obtaining 5 in a row. So sweet!!! I can't emphasize enough how sweet that was. I do want Federer to win once more, twice would be better. Once to get the record for men, and twice to get the record for man or woman. And I do think Nadal is going to win Wimbledon, just hope Federer can hold on one more time.

5. Nadal will definitely be even hungrier, and we have ourselves one hell of a rivalry, and I'm sorry but this is way better then what some considered a rivalry between Sampras and Agassi. I think Agassi got better as he got older and played some of his best as Sampras was getting near retirement. Before that it seemed like Sampras was always beating Agassi at the slams.

I want Fed to win the Wimby 8 times so it'll be more than Sampras to be truly the king of grass. A tough feat but doable.

The thing that could stop the rivalry is the age gap. Sampras and Agassi are close in age while these new guys are not. Still, we should still have a few years of good tennis from these guys. Hopefully, Fed improves and wins the French. I just want to see greatness happen before my eyes.

dukemunson
07-09-2007, 11:28 AM
I can't believe Lars Graff made that call I was furious, though not as much as Bob and Mike. I was watching it on TV and it was clear that the BALL touched the net NOT the racquet.

Worst call I've ever seen in a grandslam...unbelievable...