PDA

View Full Version : A true privilege

netman
07-08-2007, 09:40 AM
I got to see Borg-Gerulitas at Wimbledon in real time as a kid. Considered it the closest thing to a perfect match I had ever seen. Hung on every minute of the Borg-McEnroe finals. Now I can add today's Federer-Nadal match to my short list of great Wimbledon finals watched from start to finish in real time.

It was truly a privilege to get to watch that match. They are pushing each other to greater and greater heights and opening such a gap between themselves and the rest of the field. Lets all hope they both stay healthy for a few years and give us some more of this great rivalry.

-k-

Warriorroger
07-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Wow, good for you! You are so lucky to have seen the matches you mentioned. I know tennis has changed a lot, but what about the Lawn club itself?

ACE of Hearts
07-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Hey netman, i wanna see ur take on the surface?I thought the bounces where incredible on the surface.I give Nadal a chance to win wimbledon now.Nadal played the match of his life and could have won.

netman
07-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Wimbledon is now green clay. :)

The folks at the All England Club have done a great job of turning Wimbledon into a poor facsimile of the French Open. Its no longer a true grass court tournament. They have slowed down the grass to the point that baseline play can win it. Guess its a backlash against the days when one dimensional players like Ivanisevic and Kraijeck could win it with big serves only. Sad thing is it cheapens the phenomenal effort of Nadal. I mean if Borg had played on grass this slow he might have won 8, 9 or 10 Wimbledons.

Hopefully sanity will return. But the bottom line is Fed and Nadal put on a great show of tennis mastery, better than anything I have seen in a long time. I hope to see them in the final of the U.S. Open giving us the same thing again.

-k-

netman
07-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Hey netman, i wanna see ur take on the surface?I thought the bounces where incredible on the surface.I give Nadal a chance to win wimbledon now.Nadal played the match of his life and could have won.

I thought Nadal was going to win it. He had Fed totally shattered in the 4th set. Unfortunately Nadal's need for an injury treatment gave Fed time to recoup. Fed said it best when he told Nadal he could have easily been holding the trophy. These two are going to give us some great pleasure over the next few years.

-k-