PDA

View Full Version : Help: Need low-budget shoes that are...

shojun25
07-08-2007, 10:47 AM
durable and comfortable.

I don't want to spend on shoes that are above $70. I am also buying it in TW. I'm not really picky with shoes as long as they are durable, comfortable, and cheap. I do not have wide feet and I play in hard-surface courts. I hope this info is good enough to match me with good enough shoes.

I was thinking of getting Prince Viper II Mid. HOWEVER, I have read the customer feedbacks on these shoes, and some didn't find a liking to them. I was hoping if you can give me some personal info (comfort and durability- wise) in these shoes.

Thanks for YOUR help!

goblake14
07-08-2007, 01:53 PM
I've heard good things about Asics in general, so maybe try the Gel Velocity? As well there are some Wilsons in your range like the ProStaff 1000. Some good values on Nikes too, in past seasons' ranges.

PimpMyGame
07-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Unless you really have to, don't skimp on shoes. In general you get what you pay for.

goblake14
07-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Unless you really have to, don't skimp on shoes. In general you get what you pay for.

Totally agreed, even if they cost a lot, all the higher priced shoes I've bought have performed better than the one lower priced shoe I got for free. I don't know how anyone could wear the Nike Air Smash (I think that's what it was called.)

goober
07-08-2007, 04:51 PM

Well I got Barricade III and II, Raptors, NB 1001, BFIIIs all of which were considered top of the line models when they came out all for less than $50. Shoe technology is not making leaps and bounds from year to year. You can easily get a top of the line shoe for less than $70 as long as you don't insist on getting the latest model.

Richie Rich
07-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Well I got Barricade III and II, Raptors, NB 1001, BFIIIs all of which were considered top of the line models when they came out all for less than $50. Shoe technology is not making leaps and bounds from year to year. You can easily get a top of the line shoe for less than $70 as long as you don't insist on getting the latest model.

right on. check out the liquidation section - many good deals there for good prices