PDA

View Full Version : Respect to Nadal

Red Velvet
07-08-2007, 10:58 AM
First off, I'd like to say that I 'm NOT a Nadal fan. I've never liked the play on clay and to be honest, it always made me laugh to see all those players so uneasy on grass, showing their lack of technique...;)
However, after the final today, I think that Nadal deserves the respect of anyone who can appreciate tennis in an objective way. You can say the grass was slower, the balls heavier or whatever. But the the way he played today was incredible : it was as if he was on his beloved red clay but, in my opininion, even better. Why ? Because, he took more risks from the baseline (typical grass or fast surface win-or-lose shots), he showed a certain touch with his volleys and his lunging passing were deadly.
I certainly won't be a Nadal fan in the future but I think it's unfair to say that he's lucky to have reached those 2 Wimby finals...or at least this one ! :grin:

Alex132
07-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Agreed, im not into nadal neither....but he did freaking amazing today, forehand and backhand as good as it can get in tennis! With his monster topspin i kept thinking fed would loose :(. Then i saw his knee tied up in bandages and he kept winning points with like 2 strokes! He is too freaking good