PDA

View Full Version : Here is a weird stat

ACE of Hearts
07-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Roger Federer only had 12 forehand winners after 4 sets.:-o mmmm, i wonder why?

saram
07-08-2007, 12:14 PM
My thoughts are that I saw Rafa continually hitting high balls to Roger's backhand just like the FO. As well, Roger just continued to rally with him backhand to forehand which I thought was pretty dumb (although he won). I kept waiting for Roger to send it down the line and reverse the roles...but he never did except on rare occasion...maybe um...12 times?

ACE of Hearts
07-08-2007, 12:18 PM
I dont know buddy, when Fed hit the forehand there was no pace and thats pretty weird to me.Lets face it, it looked like they where on clay.

saram
07-08-2007, 01:08 PM
I dont know buddy, when Fed hit the forehand there was no pace and thats pretty weird to me.Lets face it, it looked like they where on clay.

ok...i see where you are going with this now....read some of your other posts as well about the surface....much agreed--the surface is amazingly slow compared to times when Boom Boom addicted me to Wimbledon.

Keifers
07-08-2007, 01:22 PM
To me, this stat is a clear indicator that Nadal does indeed get into Fed's head. Roger's fh is normally such a natural, flowing, powerful, go-to weapon, to see him hit it the way he did today made me think he's got to find a way to address this. (I don't really have any suggestions for Fed. Does anyone else?)

pow
07-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Rafa runs really fast and touches everything?

ACE of Hearts
07-08-2007, 01:29 PM
This is grass, its suppose to be quick but the bounces tend to slow the ball.The balls looked so heavy and its not even close.