PDA

View Full Version : Fed's Forehand

deluxe
07-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Just been to the wimbledon final and was amazed at the sound of Roger's forehand. I've heard a a similar kind of noise sometimes when you hear a great player's kick serve, but whereas every other players groundstrokes (including Nadal's) sound like: "thunk", Roger's forehand sounds "thunk pfffffffffffffffffffff" as you hear the the ball fizzing through the air into the distance.

Wow.

ShcMad
07-08-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm not sure what kind of sound you mean, but I surely was amazed after I saw this video on Youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g-sOttHEU_c

For some reason, the sound coming out of Safin's racquet is different to the sound coming out of Ferrero's. Perhaps it's the location of the camera that captured the echo of Safin's shots, but I surely was intimidated after seeing that video and hearing such roar coming out of his racquet. Add to that the fact that they're playing in a near-empty indoor court, which makes the sound more resonant.

Ripper
07-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Just been to the wimbledon final and was amazed at the sound of Roger's forehand.

You were there? For real? Wow!

Anyway, Fed's FH wasn't at it's best today, imo. So, imagine how it would sound when it is ;)

deluxe
07-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Sounded a bit like the sound you get when you open a bottle of fizzy drink just enough to let the co2 start coming out.

CyBorg
07-08-2007, 02:46 PM
It's like the swish in basketball. A wonderful sound.

deluxe
07-08-2007, 05:10 PM
You were there? For real? Wow!

It was a great match. I was about ten rows from the front, just behind the baseline nearest the royal box, on the same side as the umpire.

Swissv2
07-08-2007, 05:12 PM
did you take pictures??? :D

deluxe
07-08-2007, 05:14 PM
No, no pictures. Just seen myself on the replay though :-)