PDA

View Full Version : Nadal's longetivity

bammbamm
07-08-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm a fan of both Fed and Nadal. But I don't know how long his body, bones, ligaments, shoulders can hold up for many years. His style is grueling. Compare this to Fed's smooth, graceful movements - this might give him a longer playing time. I play like Nadal with lots of power and chasing balls around and it is really taxing. I wish I'm smoother but it's hard to change.

Do you think he'll last to win lots more slams?

fps
07-08-2007, 03:30 PM
I think Nadal's willingness to improve his tennis skills will stand him in good stead, but it's hard to see his body taking this much of a pounding for more than another 5 years... that said, he's got some serious genetic pedigree!

naffi
07-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Tennis is taxing for any professional. As much as Federer plays, he could also be at risk.

http://www.******************.blogspot.com

I think Nadal's willingness to improve his tennis skills will stand him in good stead, but it's hard to see his body taking this much of a pounding for more than another 5 years... that said, he's got some serious genetic pedigree!

quest01
07-08-2007, 09:30 PM
I think Nadal will end up like Gustavo Kuerten which also played a grueling physical style who ended up with injury problems.

tennis_hand
07-08-2007, 10:10 PM
well, didn't nadal's knees have some problems in the final? he had one of his knees wrapped.

Mad iX
07-08-2007, 10:10 PM
He probably should rest a bit more and concentrate of the slams.
He had a really gruelling clay season which imo definitely accounts for his first loss to Fed on the dirt.

superman1
07-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Injury will take him out young, I predict. You could tell that the injury weighed on his mind. When he gets a slightly more serious injury, it's going to hurt him so much mentally that he'll lose his edge.

roysid
07-09-2007, 02:02 AM
He had a career threatening injury in 2005. he's come back. but the danger is always there.

keithchircop
07-09-2007, 02:21 AM
the way he plays he'll burnt out quicker. just look at courier's 4 year career.