PDA

View Full Version : After hearing you all talk about it, I bought a C9 Champion shirt...

Brett
07-08-2007, 03:30 PM
And I love it! It is just like one of those Nike shirts off TW but less expensive! I bought this awesome looking one from Target last week that is blue and white and it only cost like $15. It's dri fit too just like those.

People need to save their money and just buy these...

WildVolley
07-08-2007, 06:58 PM
I have several different poly shirts I use for tennis. I think the most expensive was $12. I have Reebok, NB, Nike, Champion, etc. Truthfully, they all work. Some of the cheaper mesh ones definitely dry faster than the thicker fabrics.

You don't have to spend a fortune to get a shirt that won't weigh you down or stick to you when you drench it, as I always do during the summer.

snoflewis
07-08-2007, 09:01 PM
i found the C9 shirts to be way thinner and lighter. if you look at drifit shirts, the material. is dense and has some weight to it...but the C9 shirts are lighter and almost a mesh style shirt. i actually prefer this in teh summer since it wicks sweat very fast and doesnt keep you warm...but the shirt flies all over the place.

justin_miami
07-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Can you post a link to the exact shirt? I see several different types of C9 Champion shirts on their website and the pictures aren't very helpful. Would prefer to order some on the internet rather than going to the store as I am lazy! I bought a few C9 shirts a couple of years ago but they are clearly not the Drifit-type material. Thanks

Brett
07-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Well I am not sure if they have this one on their website so I just decided to take a picture of the front and back for you.

Tell me what you think....It's actually more blue and black.

Front view:
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6505/dsc00346kw1.jpg

Back view:
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4712/dsc00347wk8.jpg

justin_miami
07-10-2007, 05:11 AM
Thanks Brett! I'll try to find this shirt on their website or just drop in next time I'm in the area of a store.

luke_1983uk
07-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Well I am not sure if they have this one on their website so I just decided to take a picture of the front and back for you.

Tell me what you think....It's actually more blue and black.

Front view:
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6505/dsc00346kw1.jpg

Back view:
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4712/dsc00347wk8.jpg

thats not bad brett, cheers for the photos

Brett
07-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks man, I love it. Wanting to go back again lol...

Mnguyen05
07-10-2007, 09:10 PM
I have several different poly shirts I use for tennis. I think the most expensive was $12. I have Reebok, NB, Nike, Champion, etc. Truthfully, they all work. Some of the cheaper mesh ones definitely dry faster than the thicker fabrics.

You don't have to spend a fortune to get a shirt that won't weigh you down or stick to you when you drench it, as I always do during the summer.

The only bad thing about the cheaper shirts are that they don't really do a good job at keeping you cool in the scorching heat. But they are very comfortable casual/practice shirts

BreakPoint
07-10-2007, 11:10 PM
The only bad thing about the cheaper shirts are that they don't really do a good job at keeping you cool in the scorching heat. But they are very comfortable casual/practice shirts
I disagree. I actually find that they work better than most Nike or Adidas shirts. You're basically paying 2-3 times more just for the logo.

Caswell
07-11-2007, 10:27 AM
I've been very pleased with C9 clothing, been wearing it for around a year now. If it's good enough to take Davy to the USO semis last year, it's good enough for me.

They used to sell poly boxer briefs, but I haven't found them online or in the stores in months. I'm afraid they stopped selling them. It's gonna be odd if I have to go to "name brand" for those and end up with underwear that costs more than my shirt, shorts, and socks combined.

Bryant
07-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Any of you wear their shorts? Which kind?

inquisitive
07-12-2007, 07:15 PM
I decided to hold off on the Adidas Contemporary 3 Theme Polo because of cost and decided to check out the C9 like you guys mentioned. Bought a tank-top version for $7.99 and i am sold! Feels very cool not warm! I had purchased several dri-fit shirts at Walmart for like 9 bucks and they suck. It actually felt sticky and itchy during warm humid weather. Thanks for the C9 recommendation!

tnkGod4tns
07-13-2007, 07:03 AM
go C9, don't let those big brand names make money from us, basically you get the same performance without the logo of the big brand names, more power to Target.

greg_in_atl
07-13-2007, 11:58 AM
I have a couple of C9 polos that I wear to work. They are nice and cool; hard to beat for $17! I think the material is thinner and not quite as soft as the newer dri-fit/sphere dry stuff. I still prefer my Nike dri-fit stuff for tennis, but the C9 clothing at Target is definitely worth a look.

es-0
07-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Uh-oh. With so many people realizing how good C9 is, it'll soon be another Nike/adidas ;)

inquisitive
07-13-2007, 07:48 PM
I have a couple of C9 polos that I wear to work. They are nice and cool; hard to beat for $17! I think the material is thinner and not quite as soft as the newer dri-fit/sphere dry stuff. I still prefer my Nike dri-fit stuff for tennis, but the C9 clothing at Target is definitely worth a look.

I bought some for work also. Great for humid weather while going to work, especially where i live(Texas).

inquisitive
07-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Hope you guys caught the sale this weekend on C9 stuff at Target. A mini sale of which 2-3 bucks off their items.

JZImmer123
07-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Yeah I bought a couple of those C9 polos yesterday on sale for $14. They look great and for me they absorb the sweat as well as the Nike dri-fit polos I also wear. Good buy, even at their regular price ($17)!

inquisitive
07-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Yeah I bought a couple of those C9 polos yesterday on sale for $14. They look great and for me they absorb the sweat as well as the Nike dri-fit polos I also wear. Good buy, even at their regular price ($17)!
I wish they would make some of the polos in yellow. Anyways, it will be great to wear these to work.

Klatu Verata Necktie
07-16-2007, 09:25 AM
The sleeveless C9's fit me better than my Reeboks (they look better, too!).

tennisrules531
07-18-2007, 02:42 AM
yeah i love the C9 shirts. I have three of them and they are so comfortable and light.

aidenous
07-18-2007, 09:38 AM
Just bought my first C9 the other day and it's nicer than some of my Nike or Adidas. Which they had more colors.

mdjenders
07-18-2007, 12:30 PM
I am waiting for some of those single layer poly shorts in white. I would get a bunch of pairs.

bluetrain4
07-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Another vote for the C9s. I think they are thinner and slightly lower quality than SOME of the Nike, Adidas and the other name brand shirts out there, but not all. But, they are still great.

Nike changed their regular Dri-Fit tees and I don't like them as much as the ones released 2 years ago.

I find a lot of great stuff at places like Marshalls and TJ Maxx, but less than I used to.

The thing I've noticed (and I've heard this before) is that the new brand name clothes sold at TW or in a proshop, are not the same clothes that Nike makes for places like Kohls or JCPennys, or even Macys. I'm not sayin these clothes are bad, but they are different.

I think most of us grew up playing in 100 percent cotton t0shirts which we just acquired, never bought. Dri-fit and similar materials really do make a difference in terms of wicking and preventing the shirt from sticking to you.

But I just can't get past paying $30 or $40 dollars for what is essentially a t-shirt I play tennis in.

Ronny
07-19-2007, 12:37 AM
here in australia, target has slazenger shirts which imo works better than some of the dri-fit stuff i've bought

300Gkid
07-20-2007, 08:03 PM
anyone else find these shirts wicked thin???

lol almost see through

Char
07-21-2007, 10:43 AM
anyone else find these shirts wicked thin???

lol almost see through

Not really. I love mine. Have a white one and cant see through it. Very comfortable. I'm thinking of getting a few more. They look great and for the price can have a couple sets for what one shirt costs from other manufacturers.

Hokiez
01-27-2008, 12:36 PM
*shock* *chest compressions*

Breathe damnit, breathe!

OK, thread succesfully revived.

Just another vote for the double dri. I've got loads of prince, nike, and adidas gear but think these are 95% as good. I like a couple of my adidas shirts just a tiny drop more, but considering these are 1/3 the price, and can be found locally so you save on shipping to boot, you really can't beat em IMO. I'm not as wild about the shorts, but love the shirts.

Alexio92
01-27-2008, 02:07 PM
I prefer the fabric of my lotto and sergio tacchini stuff. They are better than my adidas tshirt IMO, my nike one from a couple of seasons ago is pretty similar.