PDA

View Full Version : djoko=connors of today?

tennishead93
07-08-2007, 05:03 PM
is novak djokovic the equivalent of jimmy connors in todays world of tennis

jktennis59
07-08-2007, 05:41 PM
He's an excellent player and a really nice guy. He's already a top 10 and hasn't reached his peak.

He's the kind of personalty that ATP needs.

christos_liaskos
07-08-2007, 05:52 PM
I wouldnt say so. I shouldnt think Connors would retire from semis of Wimbledon because of a few blisters and feeling a bit tired. It wasnt like Djokovic was facing a career threatning injury, he was just fatigued. Pat Cash certainly wasnt impressed with him throwing in the towel and I shouldnt think Jimmy himself was either

Techniques
07-08-2007, 06:18 PM
He's a really really funny guy. Great personality. Anyone who saw his imitations of Roddicks, Sharapovas and Sampras's serve? They were funny as.

tennishead93
07-08-2007, 06:20 PM
but im saying his game style, i think is very connors like

arnz
07-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Connors was a fighter, but he could be a really nasty person. I dont think djoko is a nasty person, just a little arrogant at times

Mad iX
07-08-2007, 06:42 PM
I wouldnt say so. I shouldnt think Connors would retire from semis of Wimbledon because of a few blisters and feeling a bit tired.

Yeah, no way Connors would've thrown in the towel, but to be fair Djoko was definitely more than "feeling a bit tired". He had a lot more court time than anyone else in the tournament.

saram
07-08-2007, 07:42 PM
but im saying his game style, i think is very connors like

he is agressive and gives it 100% all the time. a true warrior on the courts. i will get cruicified for this, but if he stays healthy and can eliminate the call for the trainer all the time--i think he has all the potential to have a career that parallels or exceeds connors.

he also has a personality that the tennis world and community has already embraced in his sudden rise up the ranks. he has a lot of potential--can't wait to see where it leads. every one talked about rafa and roger for the last month--the joker was there in the semi's of each of the last two slams as well--says something about his game, style and level of play.