PDA

View Full Version : The Hawk-Eye

Fatmike
07-08-2007, 07:56 PM
I think that the hawk-eye is sometimes unfair. I mean, a player who is better to call balls have the advantage on the other.

For exemple, today, how often Rafa did good calls with his chances vs Fed? Fed was always wrong, but on tv replays we saw that on many he didn't called he could have change the decision.

I think that the refree should revise any shots called out by the linesman and that the player could use the system when they think a ball is out and the play is not stopped.

What do you think?

saram
07-08-2007, 08:01 PM
they both have good eyes. i don't think the hawkeye is unfair at all--both players have the same amount to use, etc. i also think that rafa just took a guess and chance at a few becuase of the magnitude of the point. i bet on a few occsions, rafa was just as shocked as us all at the outcome of his challenges.

they both have the same use of hawkeye...so i think it is ultimately fair to both players on each side of the net.

latinking
07-08-2007, 08:11 PM
It should definatly have a time limit for how much time you are allowed to challege after the point is over. Too many players look at their coaches for signs if they should challenge. Thats unfair, kind of cheating. IMO.

Fatmike
07-09-2007, 05:51 AM
they both have good eyes. i don't think the hawkeye is unfair at all--both players have the same amount to use, etc. i also think that rafa just took a guess and chance at a few becuase of the magnitude of the point. i bet on a few occsions, rafa was just as shocked as us all at the outcome of his challenges.

they both have the same use of hawkeye...so i think it is ultimately fair to both players on each side of the net.

Well, in evrey major sports where the replay can be used, the replay is used each time a close call have to be made.

In hockey for exemple, replay is used to see if a goal is good all the time... not only when a team ask for a replay...