PDA

View Full Version : If there were a number of actual S&Vers, would their best chance be Wimby or the USO?

bluetrain4
07-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Not just S&Vers, but also attacking players who look to come to net, even if not off the serve.

The Wimbledon final was great and both players had some nice net play, but it was such a small percentage of the overall points. Wimbledon really has changed.

So, do net rushers have a better shot at Wimbledon or the USO, which is fairly fast, though not lightening fast by any means.

The Gorilla
07-08-2007, 07:49 PM
they have a better chance at other grass court tournaments

ACE of Hearts
07-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Plzzzzz, not eben close, the USO.I was shocked that Roger's forehand wasnt penatrating as much.

saram
07-08-2007, 08:36 PM
although not an option via the OP, perse...but maybe Queens? lol...

BiGGieStuFF
07-08-2007, 08:39 PM
I still think they would have a good chance at wimbledon. The ball wasn't moving fast but it still says fairly below an average bounce would be advantageous to the net player.

quest01
07-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Not just S&Vers, but also attacking players who look to come to net, even if not off the serve.

The Wimbledon final was great and both players had some nice net play, but it was such a small percentage of the overall points. Wimbledon really has changed.

So, do net rushers have a better shot at Wimbledon or the USO, which is fairly fast, though not lightening fast by any means.

I agree that Wimbledon has changed and it has changed for the better. Finally more baseline rallies and not boring serve and volley style tennis which was dominant in the 90's. I would say this years Wimbledon final was one of the best matches i have seen on grass. Please i dont want to go through watching another Sampras vs Rafter 2000 Wimbledon match where both players served and volleyed on first and second serves. This was absolute torture.

ACE of Hearts
07-08-2007, 08:51 PM
If they wanna change the surface, make it quick like the u.s open and quit making this **** look like clay.Its bad enough that after the french open, we get wimbledon or should we say that in french?The way the surface played today, gave Nadal a good shot to beat Roger.

psamp14
07-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Plzzzzz, not eben close, the USO.I was shocked that Roger's forehand wasnt penatrating as much.

right now, the us open....wimbledon has been slowed down so much now, federer's fearsome forehand only passed nadal like...12 times through the first 4 sets or entire match?

unbelievable statistic...both players were playing so well and one would figure federer had like 30 forehand winners...