PDA

View Full Version : who will beat Fed next

TheNatural
07-08-2007, 08:30 PM
out of the young lot. Which of these will be the player to next beat Fed. I think its time these young guns stepped up. And how long do you think it will take before one finally beats fed again?

saram
07-08-2007, 08:39 PM
why is rafa not in the bunch? is he not young? murray and berdych have already beaten him...marcos won't get another shot for a while and won't be considered young by then....so i'd have to go with the joker as rafa is not in the poll....and i don't think think gasquet is there yet...he needs to show he can handle pressure better although endurance is getting better for him...

TheNatural
07-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Rafa isnt in the bunch because hes the only young gun to beat Fed lately. He beat fed a few times in the last couple of months.. I know Gasquet and Murray beat him once AGES ago.(Thats why i asked which will NEXT beat him) But it seems like none of these young guns have beaten Fed or even challened him in an eternity..

I voted Joker. He has the big serve and a solid all round game which seems to matchup the best against Fed at the moment, and he has the right mindset.

why is rafa not in the bunch? is he not young? murray and berdych have already beaten him...marcos won't get another shot for a while and won't be considered young by then....so i'd have to go with the joker as rafa is not in the poll....and i don't think think gasquet is there yet...he needs to show he can handle pressure better although endurance is getting better for him...

robin7
07-09-2007, 01:42 AM
It would be nice to have Djoko at the same half of the draw with Fed on the coming US Open so that Djoko can beat Fed before the finlals. A Nad-Djoko final would be great.

The Gorilla
07-09-2007, 01:57 AM
murray, all defensive counterpunchers see to do the best against federer, he feeds off pace

jelle v
07-09-2007, 03:37 AM
Djokovic..

But I don't think this will be very soon, maybe even only when Roger is declining because he gets older.

Mad iX
07-09-2007, 03:50 AM

Everyone would just vote for Nadal. Besides, Nadal is a proven winner and has matured as a player so he's not really in the "young lot".

helloworld
07-09-2007, 03:53 AM
Nadal has beaten up Fed so many times it's not even a debate whether he can beat Fed anymore.

camille
07-09-2007, 03:57 AM
None of the above. Safin has a greater chance of upsetting him at the US Open.

bandit25
07-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Djokovic

He almost had a shot at him if not for the injury. I think he had a good shot at taking out Rafa and could contend to be #2 if he gets success on the hard courts and Rafa doesn't improve on those courts.

I think Gasquet would be my second pick, but since he just lost to Federer I think he still needs some improvement.

Last time I saw Murray play he wasn't in the top ten yet, so I couldn't say not knowing what level he plays at now.

ben_friendz
07-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Come on, Dvich cannot beat Federer, he will never be smart enough to mess with Federer game. He needs a smart coach to help him with that. Just like Roddick could not just overpower Federer. He needed Connors help to tell hime to go the net and smash it down after a wimpy return.

J-man
07-09-2007, 08:49 AM
None of those players will be the next Federer. They just don't have what it takes. But that does not mean that they won't be #1. But I don't think they can dominate like Federer has.