PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Nadal Accused In 'cheat' Storm

Rhino
07-09-2007, 01:10 AM
Roger Rasheed says he is a locker room bully and an on-court cheat.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/12766/

pow
07-09-2007, 01:15 AM
Right... anything to discredit a better player.

Oh no! Those extra seconds Nadal takes has been the reason why he has been winning.

Yeah right. He wishes it was that simple.

Rhino
07-09-2007, 01:18 AM
Oh no! Those extra seconds Nadal takes has been the reason why he has been winning.

Actually maybe it's the reason why he lost. Karma.

dh003i
07-09-2007, 04:59 AM
Taking extra time is cheating whether you're a Nadal fan or not. He isn't a bad person, or a poor sport, and has done some noble things on court (ball-boy situation). That doesn't mean he's immune from having to follow the rules. Likewise with other time-stretching players.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
07-09-2007, 04:59 AM
I knew Rafael was not competing for every point and just stalling his opponents during points. How dare Nadal???

Rodger Rasheed is a hater and his words were probably taken out of context.

Duzza
07-09-2007, 06:28 AM
Who is "Roger Soderling"?

BigboyDan
07-09-2007, 06:58 AM
Rafa needs to be careful, he isn't John McEnroe. Stalling between points is HATED by other players, and they will get vocally angry about it. Rafa, because he's #2 in the world, has more to LOSE than any other player in this battle... and stalling is considered worse in golf, deliberately stall in that sport, and you get penalized quickly.

RedWeb
07-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Sorry, if one player (Nadal) can intimidate another player (take your pick) while in the locker room then that player better get some balls or leave the tour. Its hard for me to believe that Rusty was ever bothered by that. Now the time wasting is another matter. Thats not so much intimidating as it is irritating. Roger Rasheed, overrated in my opinion, must be looking for work.

Fedfan4life
07-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Roger Rasheed says he is a locker room bully and an on-court cheat.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/12766/

Please explain why is Roger Rasheed important in the game today and why we should listen to him.

ledor
07-09-2007, 07:21 AM
if you think Rafa takes time between points, how about Djokovic's 10-15 bounces before he serves, i think tha'ts more annoying than nadal.

Z-Man
07-09-2007, 07:42 AM
if you think Rafa takes time between points, how about Djokovic's 10-15 bounces before he serves, i think tha'ts more annoying than nadal.

Exactly--I don't think Djokovic has any room to complain. I've never seen anyone bounce the ball that many times. It's an old game. Brad Gilbert calls it "Turtle Time" in his book. I think Lendl was a turtle-timer. I play a few people who do it. Stalling is pretty annoying, and the second you think about how long your opponent is taking, you've lost your concentration. It's a great way to break someone's rhythm. I once had a doubles partner who became completely unglued because the other team was taking so long between points.

caulcano
07-09-2007, 07:51 AM

Both are annoying but Nadal is more. Nadal has too many 'habits', where as Djokovic has the one.

tennis_hand
07-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Rasheed is right on.

Rhino
07-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Please explain why is Roger Rasheed important in the game today and why we should listen to him.

I don't have to explain anything, sometimes stuff is interesting to some and not others. Sift through what you like and ignore the rest like everybody else.
you don't have to be important in the game to make a point, otherwise nobody here would listen to anyone else here. At least Raseed has been in the locker room with Nadal and can tell us what he's like which I think is interesting.

haha, yeah I saw that.:)

norcal
07-09-2007, 08:10 AM
The joker bounces the ball a lot but does not take that long between points. He gets up to the line quickly unlike Nadal who takes forever.

Rataplan
07-09-2007, 08:11 AM
That "article" comes from a tabloid that's not exactly known for accuracy.

Don't believe anything you read but particulary not when it's in a tabloid. If Rasheed had really said something like that, it would be in more newspapers, I think but this is probably Rasheed talking about how Rafa's pre-match routine can come across as intimidating and this piece of trash tabloid makes it more dramatic by calling it bullying.

christo
07-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Wait a second, Rasheed was Hewitt's Do-boy, butt of LH's ridiculous tirade's, witness to LH's racist remarks and he's calling out Rafa?
Where does he get this from, Pat Cash? If you want to call out out someone for gamesmanship, how about Shriekapova? Where to begin?

helloworld
07-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Playing Djokovic is more annoying than playing Nadal. He bounces the ball so many times and all of the sudden he'll serve when you least expect it. Imagine if you're waiting to return the serve. You just have no idea when he'll serve and you'll have to be prepared for it the whole time. That's really annoying.

ilovecarlos
07-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Wait a second, Rasheed was Hewitt's Do-boy, butt of LH's ridiculous tirade's, witness to LH's racist remarks and he's calling out Rafa?
Where does he get this from, Pat Cash? If you want to call out out someone for gamesmanship, how about Shriekapova? Where to begin?

Hahahaha...couldn't agree more...except...please, tell me why I keep hearing that Pat Cash was nasty...this is the second or third time I've heard reference to this...please explain...thanks

TheNatural
07-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Rasheed may be the reason Hewitt's progress stalled in the last few years. Hewitt would have developed his game more if he didnt have an AFL fitness trainer as his coach all these years. Cahill has probably done more this year for Hewitt than Rasheed did over the last few years.

Alex132
07-09-2007, 08:35 AM
I can see nadal being locker room bully, with those guns...he can crush that rasheed.

J-man
07-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Just because Nadal takes his time in the locker room or maybe is very intense, he's a bully? That sounds pretty sketchy

TheTruth
07-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Taking extra time is cheating whether you're a Nadal fan or not. He isn't a bad person, or a poor sport, and has done some noble things on court (ball-boy situation). That doesn't mean he's immune from having to follow the rules. Likewise with other time-stretching players.

Why doesn't anyone attach these sentiments to other players. Why is it that Nadal cheats, but Sharapova, Hantuchova, Djokovic, and others don't? No one has answered these questions yet! A bunch of crock if you ask me. John even said it during the telecast. Most top players take their time and go through their rituals. Can you people not see that, or are you so blinded by your hatred that Nadal is quickly closing the gap on Federer? Not my words, another one of the tennis experts you are all are quick to quote (when it's in your favor) has it on ESPN!

TheTruth
07-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Actually maybe it's the reason why he lost. Karma.

Maybe he lost because the AELTC disadvantaged the entire bottom half of the draw. Not that the rain was their doing, but the unfair scheduling surely was. To have all of those contenders play every day without rest gave Federer an unfair advantage. If they had finished those matches first, and allowed the competitors to properly rest, we would have a different Wimbledon champion. Even Djokovic wrote a memo asking them what was going on. In lieu of that, without any rest at all, Nadal still took your boy to the limit and outplayed him during the match. He came to net more and played more attacking tennis. Your boy was so rattled he almost came unglued. Thank God, for the injury timeout, because Federer was toast. Anybody who cannot see this, either is blind, or chooses willful ignorance.

TheTruth
07-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Yeah, nobody stalls more than Sharapova. How can so many of you overlook that?

AndyRLacoste
07-09-2007, 09:04 AM
A lot of people have annoying things:

Sharapova-Shrieks
Nadal-Long In-Between Points
Roddick-Wipes his face exposing his stomachh

It goes on-and-on.

What I didn't like about Wimbledon this year was the frequent "Come On's," by Sharapova and Serena.

Sharapova actually did one, after she one match point. THought that wasn't necessary.

Jasyn19
07-09-2007, 09:09 AM
There is a huge difference between Nadal's approach to serving and that of Djokovic's.

Djokovic may well bounce the ball in readiness for his serve but he doesn't also:

Delay at his chair positioning his bottles precisely
Show off to the adoring fans by sprinting to the baseline
Bend over to get his sox at exactly the same height
Snap the elastic of his underjocks
Rub his finger on his nose
Brush his hair back behind each ear...

...and then start bouncing the ball.

heycal
07-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Taking extra time is cheating whether you're a Nadal fan or not. He isn't a bad person, or a poor sport, and has done some noble things on court (ball-boy situation).

What is this ball-boy situation you refer to?

As for that article, folks, keep in mind that it's a not seemingly very credible tabloid seeking to inflame things with descriptive words like "bully" and "cheat". The actual quotes from this guy -- IF he was quoted accurately -- are as follows:

“In the locker room Rafa is very intense. He’s always running around and trying to apply the intimidation factor.

“The referee can come in and say ‘We’re ready to play’ but sure enough he just has to go to the toilet one more time and then sits there making his opponent wait for another minute.

“Then he goes out and does the same on court – by taking 30 to 40 seconds after very point.

“That’s part of his persona but it’s up to the opposition and the officials not to let it happen.

“Whenever Lleyton played Rafa, I’d have a word with the umpire to make sure that after the coin toss he’d warn him about the time issue.

“Rafa used to get upset about this. He doesn’t like referees speaking to him in this manner. But the rules must be enforced."

mileslong
07-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Anybody who cannot see this, either is blind, or chooses willful ignorance.
or intelligent...

veritech
07-09-2007, 09:23 AM
i consider djokovic's pre-serve lengthiness a lot worse than nadal's. at least nadal you know when he's gonna serve. with djokovic he bounces the ball so many times and along with his quick serve, it loses you. he takes you off guard.

snapple
07-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Yeah, nobody stalls more than Sharapova. How can so many of you overlook that?

I've always hated the "well other <fill in the blank> do it too" defense. Even if Sharapova and whomever else stalls as well, that shouldn't exempt others from criticizing Nadal without be labeled "a hater". And if the focus is on him more than others, that's just because he is winning the most now, the same way that Barry Bonds is under the most scrutiny even though half of baseball has probably done steroids.

Rataplan
07-09-2007, 09:43 AM
i consider djokovic's pre-serve lengthiness a lot worse than nadal's. at least nadal you know when he's gonna serve. with djokovic he bounces the ball so many times and along with his quick serve, it loses you. he takes you off guard.
Exactly.

Nadal has this entire routine to go through and yes, sometimes he crosses the time limit but when he's ready to serve and the opponent gets in the position to return, it's done pretty quickly.

With Djokovic (and I do like the guy, btw), Novak bounces that ball while the opponent is in the position, bending over, ready to return...is he going to bounce that ball 8 times? 14 times? When is he finally going to hit that damn ball?

jaded
07-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Just because Nadal takes his time in the locker room or maybe is very intense, he's a bully? That sounds pretty sketchy

that's what i was thinking...

all people do is talk about how nice and respectful it is and how he has great sportsmanship.

Moose Malloy
07-09-2007, 11:56 AM
The joker bounces the ball a lot but does not take that long between points. He gets up to the line quickly unlike Nadal who takes forever.

Djokovic takes longer in between points, you should have timed him during the Hewitt/Bagdatis matches, Nadal played much faster in the final vs Fed than Novak did in those.

But Novak isn't winning slams, if he does, you will start seeing commentators/players complaining. I can only imagine what Fed would think if he had to deal with that.

The fact that he played a 4 hour match vs Hewitt(only 4 sets!) & a 5 hour match vs Bagdhatis should make it obvious just how slow he plays.
There have never been grasscourt matches even remotely close to those times(the Nadal-Fed final was 3:40), except matches that were like 15-13 in the 5th.

MoFed
07-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Exactly--I don't think Djokovic has any room to complain. I've never seen anyone bounce the ball that many times. It's an old game. Brad Gilbert calls it "Turtle Time" in his book. I think Lendl was a turtle-timer. I play a few people who do it. Stalling is pretty annoying, and the second you think about how long your opponent is taking, you've lost your concentration. It's a great way to break someone's rhythm. I once had a doubles partner who became completely unglued because the other team was taking so long between points.

Djokovic was not complaining. This was about Hewitt's ex-coach talking about Nadal. But I didn't think that his description of Nadal's locker room behavior is intimidation. Running around the locker room is not intimidation IMO. It's Nadal being Nadal. The kid is hyperactive. He does take too much time between points and so does Djokovic. The umpire need to put a lid on the amount of time both players take bwt pts.

edberg505
07-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Playing Djokovic is more annoying than playing Nadal. He bounces the ball so many times and all of the sudden he'll serve when you least expect it. Imagine if you're waiting to return the serve. You just have no idea when he'll serve and you'll have to be prepared for it the whole time. That's really annoying.

Umm, how about when he tosses the ball up? I'm not trying to be a smart *** here, but it's not like he tosses the ball up a ton of times and doesn't hit it. It's not like he quick serves people. As a tennis player we are all taught that once that ball goes up on the toss the person receiving gets on the balls of their feet.

katarddx
07-09-2007, 02:25 PM
if it is within the time limits, i guess they can do whatever they want... but that is the point, isn't it - the TIME LIMIT.

Vision84
07-09-2007, 03:49 PM
It is bloody annoying how he leaves his opponent waiting at the net with the official when they first get out on court. He can adjust his clothes and have those extra sips of water before he steps out on court. Absolutely unnecessary and serves only the purpose of annoying his opponent.

West Coast Ace
07-09-2007, 04:07 PM
I can see nadal being locker room bully, with those guns...he can crush that rasheed.Uh, you've obviously never seen Roger Rasheed - he's huge - Rafa would be crying for his Mommy in no time.

But totally agree with the poster who said RR is looking for work. Probably figured (wrongly!) that he'd have tons of offers - got nada and now misses the Show - and the nice checks.

Just because Nadal takes his time in the locker room or maybe is very intense, he's a bully? That sounds pretty sketchyAgreed. The time limit thing is an issue - but as a fan I think more time means BOTH players are better rested for the next point which means BETTER TENNIS. If the other players were so disgusted by it I'm sure the ATP would hear about it.

Feña14
07-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Are people really defending Nadal? what Nadal does is breaking the rules of the game so yes, he is a cheat, there is no excuse.

Is there a rule to say how many times you can bounce the ball before you serve? Course not.

Clutching at straws springs to mind.

tennishead93
07-09-2007, 04:53 PM
wow i love it how they called him roger soderling

tennishead93
07-09-2007, 04:57 PM
But the way the Serb was limping around the No 1 court like a wounded animal from the off did make you wonder what might have gone on behind closed doors.

Only joking, of course.

tennishead93
07-09-2007, 04:57 PM
quoted form the link

sondraj
07-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Are people really defending Nadal? what Nadal does is breaking the rules of the game so yes, he is a cheat, there is no excuse.

Is there a rule to say how many times you can bounce the ball before you serve? Course not.

Clutching at straws springs to mind.

As opposed to nit picking his every movement. and nole had been over the limit, get over it. It's not cheating but I won't go through that again, it's called breaking the rules and that's it. Nothing more

I really wish everyone in tennis would stop being such big babies. I get that tennis is made of babies but Nadal has really made tennis spectator have to bring out their blankies

Feña14
07-09-2007, 05:40 PM
As opposed to nit picking his every movement. and nole had been over the limit, get over it. It's not cheating but I won't go through that again, it's called breaking the rules and that's it. Nothing more

I really wish everyone in tennis would stop being such big babies. I get that tennis is made of babies but Nadal has really made tennis spectator have to bring out their blankies

You are right, it's breaking the rules, but he's not cheating? lol.. some people.

AJK1
07-09-2007, 06:39 PM
In the wimby final Nadal said "b a s t a r d " in spanish after Federer hit a winner. He's not as nice as i thought he was.

dh003i
07-09-2007, 06:46 PM
In the 6th game of the 2nd set, when Federer was serving, Federer went down 15-40. Nadal then went for the towel; gamesmanship. Federer than fired off 2 aces, bringing it to deuce. At that point, Nadal went for the towel. Clear gamesmanship. He hadn't moved at all, yet he needs the towel? Bull-s.hit.

Federer won anyways, firing off another ace to get advantage, then winning the game. Owned.

sondraj
07-09-2007, 07:19 PM
You are right, it's breaking the rules, but he's not cheating? lol.. some people.

Yes look up the def and then you will truly laugh at your assumption that one is an synonym for the other;)

sondraj
07-09-2007, 07:20 PM
In the 6th game of the 2nd set, when Federer was serving, Federer went down 15-40. Nadal then went for the towel; gamesmanship. Federer than fired off 2 aces, bringing it to deuce. At that point, Nadal went for the towel. Clear gamesmanship. He hadn't moved at all, yet he needs the towel? Bull-s.hit.

Federer won anyways, firing off another ace to get advantage, then winning the game. Owned.

owned my ***. fed was rafa b**** again though that whole match the only convincing win he had over him that whole game was the 5th set.

And if the other players aren't having a issue with it then why are you. Are you playing him in a final of a grand slam somewhere in another universe

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
07-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Why doesn't anyone attach these sentiments to other players. Why is it that Nadal cheats, but Sharapova, Hantuchova, Djokovic, and others don't? No one has answered these questions yet! A bunch of crock if you ask me. John even said it during the telecast. Most top players take their time and go through their rituals. Can you people not see that, or are you so blinded by your hatred that Nadal is quickly closing the gap on Federer? Not my words, another one of the tennis experts you are all are quick to quote (when it's in your favor) has it on ESPN!

Just for part of it, I think Nadal has closed the gap and will progress beyond Federer quickly.

Rhino
07-09-2007, 11:04 PM
Just for part of it, I think Nadal has closed the gap and will progress beyond Federer quickly.

You guys have really short memories. Where was Rafa at the Aussie Open? Oh thats right, after losing a set to Kohlschreiber and almost being eliminated by Murray, he was completely destroyed by Gonzalez, (winning only 9 games).
Where was Federer? He won the tournament without dropping a set. destroying Gonzalez in the final.

rafan
07-10-2007, 05:16 AM
What a rubbish article and of course it came from the DAily Express!! It made the rest of the players sound like a lot of simpering fools - which I cannot believe they are. These are some of the strongest athletes in the world and mentally very fit also. This article makes them sound like some poor kids who have been bulied in the playground!! This fool should write fantasy for Hollywood!!

callitout
07-10-2007, 05:26 AM
In the wimby final Nadal said "b a s t a r d " in spanish after Federer hit a winner. He's not as nice as i thought he was.

Wow, thats really creul. I'm surprised that Nadal would use such harsh language. Do you think a one month or one year suspension is appropriate?
If I were in grandslam final on the verge of winning a FO and Wimby back to back I would always applaud my opponents winners with genuine gusto.

Azzurri
07-10-2007, 05:41 AM

what happened....I somehow missed this story.

Azzurri
07-10-2007, 05:46 AM
I can't really blame the players for these stall tactics. I blame the ATP and WTA. Who the heck needs 30 seconds between points? In the NFL an offense/defense with 11 players...NOT ONE, can be ready in less time. The league heads need to set the time between serves/points at 15 seconds. Problem is these people have NO GUTS. That's why we have to put up with the towel, bouncing a ball 14 times, and SCREAMING while hitting. I just can't believe how this goes on and no one does anything about it. This sport needs Comissioner type person (is there one?) like Roger Goodell (NFL) to shake things up.

latinking
07-10-2007, 06:00 AM
Nadal gets away with it because of who he is. If he was a nobody ranked 150 he would never get away with it. It is breaking the rules but its up to the umpire to call it. In all sports you see it.

Football, Ronahldino seems to always take free kicks before the other team is ready and before the ref blows his wistle, Also I saw Giggs do it in the Champions league against Lille. And they got away with it, because who they are.

Jordan would always get a foul called for him if a player even got close to him.( I am not calling Jordan a cheater, just stating how because of who he was he would get extra benifits)

How about boxing where you got a guy holding the other boxer as soon as they get close to fight.

It happens in all sports. It is breaking the rules and it is up to the referee and umpires to call it, Before its officialy called cheating.

If you rob someone and don't get caught is it still a crime? I think so.

Peter H.Gilmore
07-10-2007, 06:03 AM
:-( I can't believe how much people in here argue about nonsensical rubbish. Nadal does this, Federer does that, Djokovic bounces too much. Who cares? Just watch the tennis and don't worry about serving rituals and time being taken. Have a sip of your coffee or soda while waiting. As for Roger Rasheed, isn't he out of a job? I would take his words with a grain of salt, I'm sure Lleyton does too. ;)

As far as I'm concerned I don't really have an issue with Novak's ball bouncing or Rafa's "time" during serve either. Are we in such a hurry to get off the court? Do we have ADD that we need the points between serve to go that fast? I think we've been watching too much of Agassi. He barely let the ball kid get back to position before he hit his second serve. We had a wonderful display of tennis on Sunday and we don't need so much division between us.

vamosrafa15
07-10-2007, 06:20 AM

haha yea i herd that too but that doesnt mean that he isnt a nice person......what 21 year old guy wouldnt say that? i also herd his uncle miguel angel scream b i t c hin spanish after rafa his a huge forehand when federer was at net and federer hit a sick drop volly

latinking
07-10-2007, 06:33 AM
haha yea i herd that too but that doesnt mean that he isnt a nice person......what 21 year old guy wouldnt say that? i also herd his uncle miguel angel scream b i t c hin spanish after rafa his a huge forehand when federer was at net and federer hit a sick drop volly

I agree, I swear so much if that the case I must be pure evil. LOL

TheNatural
07-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Nadal had leg injuries and couldnt run much and did well to even step on the court for that Gonzo match. A fit Nadal isnt troubled by Gonzo as he showed when he beat Gonzo the last 2 times. Gonzo is too weak once he gets on the run a bit. Fed was lucky he only had to Face Gonzo in the final, a far easier proposition than Nadal.

You guys have really short memories. Where was Rafa at the Aussie Open? Oh thats right, after losing a set to Kohlschreiber and almost being eliminated by Murray, he was completely destroyed by Gonzalez, (winning only 9 games).
Where was Federer? He won the tournament without dropping a set. destroying Gonzalez in the final.

edberg505
07-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Nadal had leg injuries and couldnt run much and did well to even step on the court for that Gonzo match. A fit Nadal isnt troubled by Gonzo as he showed when he beat Gonzo the last 2 times. Gonzo is too weak once he gets on the run a bit. Fed was lucky he only had to Face Gonzo in the final, a far easier proposition than Nadal.

Ok, I'm getting sick of hearing this complete and utter nonsense. I will give him props for making it to the Wimby final again and giving Fed a run for his money. But Nadal got destroyed in that Gonzo AO match. He only came up with that injury crap after Gonzo was stomping a mudhole in him. You go back and look at that match and you tell me that he couldn't move. He was running like a rabbit even after this alleged injury when he had his thigh wrapped. Let's be real here, Nadal doesn't win that match if he's at 150 percent. Hell, Nadal doesn't win that match if there were 2 Nadals facing Gonzo that day. You can try to water it down all you want but he got owned. Oh and of course you failed to mention the 2 times they met after that later this year was on "CLAY". Of course he's gonna win that's his surface.

TennezSport
07-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Nadal has been doing this for some time. If you remember the match between Rafa and Fed at Miami when he had Fed down 2 sets and a break. Fed came back and won because he ran Rafa to death, because Rafa game is based on consistency and running everything down; Fed took Rafa's biggest weapon away.

Uncle Tony and Rafa learned then to take more time for recovery. So he added the sock and shoe adjustment, butt pick and slow bounce to help him guage his recovery time. He knows that he is taking more time and recently said in an Wimbly interview, that it's up to the ref to stop him. So if the Refs don't control the 20 sec rule, we will see a lot more to come. I would not call it cheating, just bending the rules for your benefit. It's really on the ATP and ITF's head to enforce the rules.

TennezSport :cool:

simi
07-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Nadal has been doing this for some time. If you remember the match between Rafa and Fed at Miami when he had Fed down 2 sets and a break. Fed came back and won because he ran Rafa to death, because Rafa game is based on consistency and running everything down; Fed took Rafa's biggest weapon away.

Uncle Tony and Rafa learned then to take more time for recovery. So he added the sock and shoe adjustment, butt pick and slow bounce to help him guage his recovery time. He knows that he is taking more time and recently said in an Wimbly interview, that it's up to the ref to stop him. So if the Refs don't control the 20 sec rule, we will see a lot more to come. I would not call it cheating, just bending the rules for your benefit. It's really on the ATP and ITF's head to enforce the rules.

Good insight and analysis.

AlpineCadet
07-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Interesting article that further proves how important mental toughness is in tennis.

pound cat
07-10-2007, 02:28 PM

Some writer named Harry Pratt (suitable name BTW) is just showing how little he iknows about tennis.

If Rafa can intimidate players by running around in his hyper active way, Djokovic must drive them nuts with his endless imitations as would Llodra's jumping out of lockers and god knows what else goes on in locker rooms.

And who is Roger Rasheed other than a fired , out of work coach?

That is a nasty piece of writing. Of course it's in the express which is not a great newspaper.

pound cat
07-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by TennezSport

And if other players are bothered by Nadal's lengthy ritual, they should consider developing on for themself instead of complaining because it obviously works really really well. And the refs are hesitant to enforce ATP rules for some reason.

ninman
07-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Why do people say that Nadal is closing in on Federer? The gap between 1 and 2 is no smaller than it has been for the last 2 years. Do people forget that at the end of 2005 Federer won 35 straight matches and 29 at the end of last year, I'd be willing to bet he'll do the same again.

Eviscerator
07-12-2007, 10:05 AM
OCD or not, the rules need to be enforced regarding time between points.

ninman
07-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Umpires are very soft when it comes to enforcing the rules these days. For example, a player smashes his racket and doesn't get warning. A player knocks a ball out of the stand in frustration and doesn't get a warning. Players stop after 1-0 for a drink, or after 6 points in a tiebreaker, nothing. So a player taking a few seconds longer between points is not going to get a warning either. It's frustrating as hell to watch from a spectators point of view I think.

Morrissey
07-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Ok, I'm getting sick of hearing this complete and utter nonsense. I will give him props for making it to the Wimby final again and giving Fed a run for his money. But Nadal got destroyed in that Gonzo AO match. He only came up with that injury crap after Gonzo was stomping a mudhole in him. You go back and look at that match and you tell me that he couldn't move. He was running like a rabbit even after this alleged injury when he had his thigh wrapped. Let's be real here, Nadal doesn't win that match if he's at 150 percent. Hell, Nadal doesn't win that match if there were 2 Nadals facing Gonzo that day. You can try to water it down all you want but he got owned. Oh and of course you failed to mention the 2 times they met after that later this year was on "CLAY". Of course he's gonna win that's his surface.

I'll say that Gonzo was playing lights out that night and for the better part of that slam. But put the Gonzo of now (even regular Gonzo) against Nadal right now and he would be defeated on grass or hardcourt. Gonzo was just playing at a level in that event that hasn't been replicated since or done before in his career. He caught lightning in a bottle in that Aussie Open, the only way Nadal would've beaten that Gonzo on that day is if it were on clay.

anointedone
07-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Gonzalez was definitely playing the tournament of his career at the Australian Open. Remember after ripping through Hewitt, Blake, and Nadal, he had something like 45 winners and 3 errors vs Haas in the semis. Now Haas is not as good as those players, especialy Nadal, but he isnt chopped liver, so that just shows how amazing and out of his skin Gonzalez was playing there.

He came down to earth in the final vs Federer. I am not saying he didnt play a very good final, he still played at a very good level in the final, but it was recognizable of his regular form as a player. Federer didnt even play spectacularly in the final himself, he kind of kept it in cruise control a bit, because Gonzalez was not able to replicate his form from previous matches and Roger was just playing the more typical guy he had beaten 9 times in a row.

So I agree Nadal will win any future encounters with Gonzalez, no matter the surface. Blake, Berdych, and Youzhny will still be possible ones to beat him on a hard courts, but beating Berdych and Youzhny on grass, no matter what people think of the grass now, will increase his confidence significantly and possibly damage theirs.

anointedone
07-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Why do people say that Nadal is closing in on Federer? The gap between 1 and 2 is no smaller than it has been for the last 2 years. Do people forget that at the end of 2005 Federer won 35 straight matches and 29 at the end of last year, I'd be willing to bet he'll do the same again.

Between early March of this season to now, Nadal has actually collected 1255more ranking points then Federer. There is definitely reason there is talk of Nadal closing the gap on Federer. If that is not enough for you watch the Wimbledon final, on Federer's best surface and Nadal's arguably worst surface
(although some people would say that is hard courts now which is why I said arguably).

TennezSport
07-12-2007, 03:02 PM
If that is not enough for you watch the Wimbledon final, on Federer's best surface and Nadal's arguably worst surface
(although some people would say that is hard courts now which is why I said arguably).

Actually, Rafa himself stated that hard court is his worst surface and that grass is his second best as it is "nothing more than a weed on clay". I kid you not. He said this in an interview in Spain after he won the FO. I will post the link if I can find it again.

edberg505
07-12-2007, 03:29 PM
I'll say that Gonzo was playing lights out that night and for the better part of that slam. But put the Gonzo of now (even regular Gonzo) against Nadal right now and he would be defeated on grass or hardcourt. Gonzo was just playing at a level in that event that hasn't been replicated since or done before in his career. He caught lightning in a bottle in that Aussie Open, the only way Nadal would've beaten that Gonzo on that day is if it were on clay.

I wouldn't go so far as to say chalk up a win for Nadal if they meet on hardcourts again. Gonzo is a formidable opponent for anyone on hardcourts. I don't think it'd be a repeat of the AO match. I think it would be a closely contested match. 50:50 it could go either way.

K!ck5w3rvE
07-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Bitter. Last time I checked, the umpire has the power to enforce penalties for time wasting so whose fault is it if Nadal takes a bit of extra time in comparison to other players between points? Call it stalling or whatever else you want, it is ridiculous to say someone is a 'cheat' simply because they use the rules to their advantage (and even this is debatable, how much advantage does he get in comparison to his opponent since they both get a little extra break between points?).

Furthermore, to have a go at Nadal for "intimidation" in the locker room simply because he runs around is ridiculous; I didn't know there was a locker room code-of-ethics which stipulates that you must sit down and be quiet...but feel free to correct me if moving around in the locker room is banned.

rasheed is a tool.

gugarafa
07-16-2007, 01:53 AM
you guys are hilarious!! LOL

ninman
08-02-2007, 03:40 AM
Between early March of this season to now, Nadal has actually collected 1255more ranking points then Federer. There is definitely reason there is talk of Nadal closing the gap on Federer. If that is not enough for you watch the Wimbledon final, on Federer's best surface and Nadal's arguably worst surface

You're obviously colour blind. Yes the point gap is smaller now than it was at the start of the year, but Federer's point total is bigger than it was for the whole of the 2005 season and most of the 2006 season. The biggest reason for the gap getting smaller is that Federer had early defeats in Indian Wells and Miami resulting in a roughly 1000 point loss, then there was him not playing his usual warm up for the Aussie and Halle, which meant a further 500 point loss.

I expect, and I doubt that there will be many who disagree with this, that Federer will go for the rest of the year undefeated, and if he does lose it will be once only. I also expect that he will play Paris as well to try and earn some extra points.

Just so you know I did watch the Wimbledon final, and I thought that Federer was completely out of sorts for big stretches of it. I think the main reason for this was that Federer was attempting to equal Borg's record and that would make anyone nervous, he played awful tennis in the fourth set and looked on his way to getting grannied for the first time in his whole career. I also think that the massive rain delay's hurt him a lot, coupled with the fact that Tommy Haas pulled out as well, which meant he had nearly a week off.

I think you'll also find that Federer came extremely close to defeating Nadal at the French, even if the score suggests otherwise. The other thing you have to remember is that on clay the only person who can defeat Federer is Nadal, on grass there are many more players that can beat Nadal. He had to play two five set matches and even had to come back from 2-0 down against Youzhny. At the end of the day Federer has defeated Nadal on clay and come far closer to it in a five set match (Rome 2006 ring a bell) than Nadal has. Despite Clay being Federer's worst surface he is still regarded as the No.2 (probably No.1 equal), and he is the clear best on Grass and Hard courts.

The other thing as well is that nearly HALF of Nadal's point total has come from winning clay court events, and that is the only reason that he is still the No.2 in the world.

TennezSport
08-02-2007, 04:13 AM
Bitter. Last time I checked, the umpire has the power to enforce penalties for time wasting so whose fault is it if Nadal takes a bit of extra time in comparison to other players between points? Call it stalling or whatever else you want, it is ridiculous to say someone is a 'cheat' simply because they use the rules to their advantage (and even this is debatable, how much advantage does he get in comparison to his opponent since they both get a little extra break between points?).

It's all still about money. This has been going on for a long time. How many times did Jimbo or McEnroe get penalties for their nutty behavior??? Try counting, I'll wait........... The umpires are under strict rules not to penalize or default stars, unless it's absolutely necessary (and only if you call the ref first). The players know this and with that kind of handcuffing, what can the umpire do??? Now if you're a lower ranked player, you will be gone quick if you get too unruly.

Rafa's game is based in defense and retrieving (although he is trying to be more aggressive lately) till he forces you into an error or gets a big opening to attack. He learned the hard way that stalling allows him to recover and maximize his strengths. So with the umpires handcuffed and the players aware of this, sit back and enjoy the antics to come. Can you say "Can you pick the panties players pirate pants" fast???

caulcano
08-02-2007, 04:30 AM
It's all still about money. This has been going on for a long time. How many times did Jimbo or McEnroe get penalties for their nutty behavior??? Try counting, I'll wait........... The umpires are under strict rules not to penalize or default stars, unless it's absolutely necessary (and only if you call the ref first). The players know this and with that kind of handcuffing, what can the umpire do??? Now if you're a lower ranked player, you will be gone quick if you get too unruly.

Rafa's game is based in defense and retrieving (although he is trying to be more aggressive lately) till he forces you into an error or gets a big opening to attack. He learned the hard way that stalling allows him to recover and maximize his strengths. So with the umpires handcuffed and the players aware of this, sit back and enjoy the antics to come. Can you say "Can you pick the panties players pirate pants" fast???

If Nadal's time delaying (deliberate or not) bothers his opponents, then why don't they complain to the umpire more?

aidenous
08-02-2007, 04:33 AM
I think it's common for players when they are not playing well to use excuses. If your playing really well nothing seems to bother you but when your bad everything is more noticeable. I do believe that the time limit should be enforced though.

Rataplan
08-02-2007, 04:36 AM
^ It bothers people on message boards more than it does players, I think.

I remember reading an interview with Nieminen (in the spring of 2006 but I'm not sure) who was asked about Nadal taking so much time and he replied that it doesn't bother him. He focuses on his game. He added that he feels that he often plays too fast anyway so it works both ways (just like Agassi often tended to try and rush an opponent)

This has been going on for a long time. How many times did Jimbo or McEnroe get penalties for their nutty behavior??? Try counting, I'll wait
The rules have been tightened up since then. John McEnroe has often said that he would not have been able to get away with what he did these days.

Part of why the rules have become more strict has to do with the antics of Connors and JMac.

ninman
08-02-2007, 05:02 AM
^ It bothers people on message boards more than it does players, I think.

Yes and it's the fans who pay money to watch tennis. Players, umpires and officials alike have to remember that no fans = no tennis, so if something is bothering the fans a lot then wouldn't it make sense to cut it out and keep the fans happy?

successortt
08-02-2007, 05:12 AM
The whole taking to long thing only bothers people because they dont like Nadal. He's not even doing it on purpose. Let it go.

ninman
08-02-2007, 05:20 AM
The whole taking to long thing only bothers people because they dont like Nadal. He's not even doing it on purpose. Let it go.

Except that he does do it on purpose. For example when changing ends after the first game of a set or 6 points of a tiebreaker the players shouldn't even stop at all, and Nadal takes ages and ages. If you notice at Wimbledon the umpire actually had to tell him that that was enough and he had to go play. It should bother everybody whether you like Nadal or not, and personally how anybody who knowingly, willfully and repeatedly breaks the rules to try and gain an edge in a match rather than just being the better player I'll never know.

Rataplan
08-02-2007, 05:30 AM
^ Exactly, successortt.

Yes and it's the fans who pay money to watch tennis. Players, umpires and officials alike have to remember that no fans = no tennis, so if something is bothering the fans a lot then wouldn't it make sense to cut it out and keep the fans happy?
No to me, it doesn't. Then again, it doesn't bother me that much.

And if you decide to listen to the fans when setting a rule (because fans = money), where do you draw the line?

You can't please all the fans all the time. A lot of these habits have to do with dealing with pressure situations and trying to stay in control. That's why I cut these players some slack.
Most of us - tennis fans - have no idea what it's like to play top tennis with the entire world watching. We can try to imagine what it feels like but we can't really put ourselves in their shoes.
Those sort of rules should be made by former pros and people who know the sport inside out.
It's too easy to sit here behind your computer and judge what these players do or say.

Furthermore, you can't tell me that tennis fans are going to stay away from matches just because a player takes a few seconds more between two points. Well, perhaps some will but not the majority of real tennis fans so they won't lose money over that. Besides, it's not as if most tournaments lose money when Nadal enters the draw, on the contrary, they're willing to pay a nice amount of appearance money just to have him in the draw. So, are you sure that you want to use the money angle in this debate?

Rataplan
08-02-2007, 05:34 AM
Except that he does do it on purpose.
Well, I think that the point being made is that he doesn't do it on purpose to try and tick the opponent off.
It's a well known fact that when Nadal was a little boy, he used to play too fast (he's a bit hyperactive, I think) and so, his trainer learned him a trick or two to slow him down just to make sure that he stays focussed. Nadal should make sure that it doesn't go out of hand and that's the job of the umpires.
Then again, that's all speculation either way since we don't know Nadal, do we?

ninman
08-02-2007, 05:42 AM
^ Exactly, successortt.

No to me, it doesn't. Then again, it doesn't bother me that much.

And if you decide to listen to the fans when setting a rule (because fans = money), where do you draw the line?

You can't please all the fans all the time. A lot of these habits have to do with dealing with pressure situations and trying to stay in control. That's why I cut these players some slack.
Most of us - tennis fans - have no idea what it's like to play top tennis with the entire world watching. We can try to imagine what it feels like but we can't really put ourselves in their shoes.
Those sort of rules should be made by former pros and people who know the sport inside out.
It's too easy to sit here behind your computer and judge what these players do or say.

Furthermore, you can't tell me that tennis fans are going to stay away from matches just because a player takes a few seconds more between two points. Well, perhaps some will but not the majority of real tennis fans so they won't lose money over that. Besides, it's not as if most tournaments lose money when Nadal enters the draw, on the contrary, they're willing to pay a nice amount of appearance money just to have him in the draw. So, are you sure that you want to use the money angle in this debate?

Ok but if the fans are getting P.O'd because he is being allowed to break the rules, surely then they should start enforcing it?

Rataplan
08-02-2007, 05:59 AM
Ok but if the fans are getting P.O'd because he is being allowed to break the rules, surely then they should start enforcing it?
I don't think that it ****es off that many tennis fans actually.

Nadal has been taking his time since he was a little boy and his uncle taught him tricks to stay concentrated. He took his time when he started as a pro and when he started to climb the ranks. Nobody complained about it back then.
It only became a problem in the heads of some people last year -after Monte Carlo or so.

Besides, it's not as if Nadal doesn't get warnings. In fact, I think that he's watched more closely than many other players who take too much time in that aspect but I guess that it comes with the territory of being the number 2.
If you feel that umpires need to stop giving him warnings and start with real punishments, fine. However, so many players take too much time and it's never discussed in this forum so the time delaying thing is not the main issue here.

ninman
08-02-2007, 06:02 AM
I don't think that it ****es off that many tennis fans actually.

Nadal has been taking his time since he was a little boy and his uncle taught him tricks to stay concentrated. He took his time when he started as a pro and when he started to climb the ranks. Nobody complained about it back then.
It only became a problem in the heads of some people last year -after Monte Carlo or so.

Besides, it's not as if Nadal doesn't get warnings. In fact, I think that he's watched more closely than many other players who take too much time in that aspect but I guess that it comes with the territory of being the number 2.
If you feel that umpires need to stop giving him warnings and start with real punishments, fine. However, so many players take too much time and it's never discussed in this forum so the time delaying thing is not the main issue here.

Yeah I bet his uncle taught him some other "tricks" as well, like hand signals so that he can coach him from the stands. Remember Federer complaining about it after Rome last year? What was Nadal's response? Federer is a sore loser. As I keep saying Nadal and his families ethos is "we must win at all costs".

Rataplan
08-02-2007, 06:13 AM
Yeah I bet his uncle taught him some other "tricks" as well, like hand signals so that he can coach him from the stands. Remember Federer complaining about it after Rome last year? What was Nadal's response? Federer is a sore loser. As I keep saying Nadal and his families ethos is "we must win at all costs".
LOL...now, you're kidding, right?

Okay...please, don't let your dislike blind you. I was hoping that we could have a great conversation but perhaps I'm mistaken.

We're talking about a couple of useful tips given to help a young, hyperactive player focus. Please don't turn this into a "Federer is the saviour of tennis and Nadal is the spawn of the devil" sort of conversation. You can probably have that sort of conversation on a fansite.

Both players are fantastic ambassadors for the sport. Too bad that you can't see that.
End of discussion as far as I am concerned.

ninman
08-02-2007, 06:17 AM
LOL...now, you're kidding, right?

Okay...please, don't let your dislike blind you. I was hoping that we could have a great conversation but perhaps I'm mistaken.

We're talking about a couple of useful tips given to help a young, hyperactive player focus. Please don't turn this into a "Federer is the saviour of tennis and Nadal is the spawn of the devil" sort of conversation. You can probably have that sort of conversation on a fansite.

Both players are fantastic ambassadors for the sport. Too bad that you can't see that.
End of discussion as far as I am concerned.

So you don't recall Lubic complaining about the Coaching thing last year, or Federer complaining about it either then? You've got a short memory.

ninman
08-02-2007, 06:36 AM
Thank god I had the last word in this, seeing as how nobody else is going to respond I'll end the thread by saying that I think Nadal does cheat and I really, really don't like his attitude.

ninman
08-02-2007, 07:04 AM
Interesting that nobody's denying that Nadal received or receives coaching during matches, guess it must be true then.

Roger_Federer.
08-02-2007, 07:49 AM
You love instigating people don't you Ninman? Granted I am a Fed fan, but I like Nadal's attitude and game. And "hand signals" as coaching? Dude are you okay, that would make life even harder for Nadal than it already is, having to worry about which hand gesture means what. Are you joking? You need to get out of your anti-Nadal mindset and recognize him as a great player if not a great one Ninman.

ninman
08-02-2007, 07:51 AM
You love instigating people don't you Ninman? Granted I am a Fed fan, but I like Nadal's attitude and game. And "hand signals" as coaching? Dude are you okay, that would make life even harder for Nadal than it already is, having to worry about which hand gesture means what. Are you joking? You need to get out of your anti-Nadal mindset and recognize him as a great player if not a great one Ninman.

The hand signals was obviously a joke and a bit of an exageration, but you cannot deny that Roger Federer and Ivan Llubicic did accuse Tony Nadal of giving his nephew instructions during a match.

Roger_Federer.
08-02-2007, 07:56 AM
How did Nadal get coached if not by hand signals? Was he screaming at Nadal in Spanish?

ninman
08-02-2007, 08:01 AM
How did Nadal get coached if not by hand signals? Was he screaming at Nadal in Spanish?

I think that's what Federer said, he was shouting from the stands.

stav_babolat
08-02-2007, 11:44 AM
ROBIN SODERLING!

stav_babolat
08-02-2007, 11:47 AM
lol the website is dodgy

Andres
08-02-2007, 11:47 AM
I think that's what Federer said, he was shouting from the stands.
He was screaming 'Venga' and 'Vamos'. He was cheering him, pumping him up, not coaching him.

DUH!

maneater
08-02-2007, 06:27 PM
the Natural...i love yr avatar

stevekim8
08-02-2007, 06:56 PM
lolol
lockeroom bully?
what is he? rasheed, a crybaby who tells on his mommy?

tlm
08-02-2007, 07:44 PM
This is just another case of nadal haters out there, he takes to long, uncle tony is coaching from the stands+ on + on.

waw waw waw, this comes from mostly fed lovers who hate nadal because he has ruined feds french open+ greatest of all time dream!!!!!!

rafan
08-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Oh come on does anyone really think Nadal needs coaching by now? He knows his own game also when he has made a stupid mistake - he corrects it within the next few points - don't think there is much left that Toni can teach him - encourage yes - but then so do his fans - maybe this is what Federer really objected to

Ripster
08-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Why do you have to hate Nadal if you like Federer and vice versa? Both Nadal and Federer like and have respect for one another, why can't the you guys acknowledge the amazingness of both players, and be fans of both players.

edmondsm
08-02-2007, 11:45 PM

Nothing in the world is more annoying than Nadal.

Rataplan
08-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Nothing in the world is more annoying than Nadal.
What a blissful life you lead (while not following what happens in the world that often) if you really believe that.

Why do you have to hate Nadal if you like Federer and vice versa? Both Nadal and Federer like and have respect for one another, why can't the you guys acknowledge the amazingness of both players, and be fans of both players
Exactly. We all have our favorites. I'm sure that most tennis fans who respect and even like both players always pick the same player to support when these two face each other.
But what I don't really understand is to see how people can hate a player like Nadal or Federer (but it applies to most of these guys) and they seem to come up with such silly excuses they like to blow out of proportion to validate an irrational hate (or at least, it looks irrational to me).

seestern
08-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Thank god I had the last word in this, seeing as how nobody else is going to respond I'll end the thread by saying that I think Nadal does cheat and I really, really don't like his attitude.

I guess you have never played tennis or even never touched a racquet so you do not have a feeling of tennis physically. That why you produced a huge load of rubbish to your hate player.

rafan
06-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Rafael Nadal said the day before he played Hewett he was great friends with him and had a lot of respect for him(from his website) The Daily Express is an awful tabloid and often discredits people with little evidence to back up their story. If Nadal was all the unpleasant things said about him then why do we not here anything from Federer. On the contrary, that touching episode with Nadal when Federer was so upset is evidence as to what sort of a person Nadal is: compassionate and kind and a brilliant tennis player

Cesc Fabregas
06-06-2009, 11:20 AM
I said in the other thread Rasheed is obnoxious.

malakas
06-06-2009, 11:21 AM
wow you DO realise this thread is from 2 years ago right?

_maxi
06-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Rafael Nadal said the day before he played Hewett he was great friends with him and had a lot of respect for him(from his website) The Daily Express is an awful tabloid and often discredits people with little evidence to back up their story. If Nadal was all the unpleasant things said about him then why do we not here anything from Federer. On the contrary, that touching episode with Nadal when Federer was so upset is evidence as to what sort of a person Nadal is: compassionate and kind and a brilliant tennis player
So what if Nadal said that hewitt was a great friend? The point here is that he wastes time to bother the other player... I don't care if he is gentle outside the court.. he must be gentle respecting the rules and the players.

Federer's cat
06-06-2009, 01:49 PM

I stopped reading once they said that name and realized the whole thing was a bunch of bullcrap.

ninman
06-06-2009, 01:51 PM
way to revive dead threads.

pound cat
06-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Rasheed may be the reason Hewitt's progress stalled in the last few years. Hewitt would have developed his game more if he didnt have an AFL fitness trainer as his coach all these years. Cahill has probably done more this year for Hewitt than Rasheed did over the last few years.

Born in Adelaide, Rasheed played Australian rules football, including 7 games in the SANFL with Sturt. As a tennis player, he reached number 192 in ATP rankings in 1992. He became the youngest player to qualify for an Australian Open, which was a record eclipsed in 1997 by Hewitt.

Rasheed quit as Hewitt's coach on 5 January 2007, announcing his decision after Hewitt lost in in the Adelaide International and just a week before the Australian Open.[1]

Rasheed next moved on to tennis commentary for Channel 7. He regularly commentates both Men's and Women's matches in the Australian Open. He is now the tennis coach for Frenchman Gaël Monfils.

Wikipedia

[edit] Controversial Comments
While providing commentary for a first round match between Venus Williams and Yan Zi in the 2008 Australian Open, Rasheed showed a "Super Slow-mo" of Venus that concentrated her buttocks, which he referred to as "a pretty good sight". During a post-match interview, Venus' sister Serena Williams laughed off the comment and said "Venus definitely has a great posterior. I'm sure it looked nice".

During the 2009 Australian Open, Rasheed again courted controversy by complaining that some of the top female players were carrying "excess baggage" in the form of extra weight. He particularly singled out top Australian player Casey Dellacqua for criticism.[2]

Roger Rasheed is a rude, lodmouthed jerk to put it mildly who left Hewitt in the midst of controversy. i.e. fired!

TheTruth
06-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Oh my, the few seconds is cheating again. How insane!

RFtennis
06-07-2009, 12:29 AM
so what he intimidates his opponent, tennis is a mind game as much as skill, his time wasting is probably not a dilberate thing, its probably a thing hes developed as a junior to get him into a zone.

why should we listin to Roger Rasheed hes a ball licker..

lawrence
06-07-2009, 12:33 AM

agreed 100%
rasheed is clueless, he should just stay away from tennis

adidas_wilson
06-07-2009, 12:34 AM
Oh my, the few seconds is cheating again. How insane!

A few means 2. Not 40 or 50;)

nfor304
06-07-2009, 01:03 AM
Rasheed is the worst person in tennis right now. He went from being Hewitts fiteness trainer to his coach and totally destroyed his game, trying to make him into a super aggressive player.
He took Hewitt from number 1 to number 17 in one year.
The guy is a joke.
He tv commentary is incredibly arrogant and he makes the most ridiculous statements, like when he had a super slow mo of Venus Williams rear and decided to tell the entire Tv audience how grate it was.
His career high ranking was around 190 and on the back of getting lucky by becoming Hewitts coach is now with Monfils, and will most likely drive his career into the ground.

Anything this dude says should be totally ignored

tahiti
06-07-2009, 01:19 AM
What a life. the article calls Soderling "Roger Soderling". Says enough about the accuracy... :)

Yeah Nadal has energy and runs around the locker room. Djoker does impersonations, Roger flicks his hair like a girl, they've all got something.

Anything for a sleazy papparazzi sensation story.....Rafa Rules! On and off court.

BorisBeckerFan
06-07-2009, 02:51 AM
This is hilarious. I wonder if Rafa had been intimidating Fed in the lockeroom before matches. I respect Nadals accomplishments but his time wasting is against the rules. No 2 ways around it. Enforce the rules or get rid of them. There is certainly a double standard for the top players. McEnroe said of Novak's ball bouncing that it was horrible to be returning against him because you could be on the balls of your feet for 20 seconds or more waiting to return. Once you adress to serve the serve should come promptly. Novak standing there bouncing a ball, basically resting while the other player is in the ready position is gamesmanship at its worst. Taking more than the allowed time is cheating. I don't care who does it.

rod99
06-07-2009, 03:49 AM
i would find it hilarious if a player actually sat at his chair b/f the coin toss and made nadal wait. i'd love to see nadal's reaction.

icedevil0289
06-07-2009, 03:52 AM
i would find it hilarious if a player actually sat at his chair b/f the coin toss and made nadal wait. i'd love to see nadal's reaction.

roger did that in madrid. He made nadal wait. It certainly worked in his favor because he ended up winning.

BorisBeckerFan
06-07-2009, 04:21 AM
roger did that in madrid. He made nadal wait. It certainly worked in his favor because he ended up winning.

Maybe Roger Bullied Nadal in the locker room. I would love to see how that went down. Was it all smiles, glares, or matter of fact?

icedevil0289
06-07-2009, 04:25 AM
Maybe Roger Bullied Nadal in the locker room. I would love to see how that went down. Was it all smiles, glares, or matter of fact?

Haha. I don't know about that. I just know that roger purposely made nadal wait during the coin toss. I thought it was hilarious. Nadal was over at the net like bouncing around and fed was like patiently getting his racket and out and everything. So evil, but I love it.:twisted::)

BorisBeckerFan
06-07-2009, 04:30 AM
Haha. I don't know about that. I just know that roger purposely made nadal wait during the coin toss. I thought it was hilarious. Nadal was over at the net like bouncing around and fed was like patiently getting his racket and out and everything. So evil, but I love it.:twisted::)

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!